Check out the patch notes for the February 18th update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/65163/patch-notes-february-18th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Double Rainbow/Events in general....

NicheeNichee
Mabinogi Rep: 915
Posts: 62
Member
edited April 20, 2017 in General Chat
Though most players play the most on weekend, I personally think it'd be better if future events such as Double Rainbow extends to monday, or perhaps even tuesday(if generous enough). Some of us works every weekend, and it's a bit disappointing that almost all fleeting events begins and ends on weeknds. Just a minor tweek.

League of Legends does this as well, as they release limited time event Friday night, and ends them Monday night.
Other examples are Blade and Soul, Most Aeria Games, etcetera~
  1. Just out of curiousity~68 votes
    1. I work weekends
       16% (11 votes)
    2. I work weekdays
       34% (23 votes)
    3. I work almost everyday, or does not have set-schedule
       13% (9 votes)
    4. I don't work, and plays Mabinogi seven days, all day.
       37% (25 votes)

Comments

  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 298
    Member
    I work every single weekend. It really sucks. :c
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    edited April 20, 2017
    That doesnt matter anymore considering you can just level a few times, get a rebirth potion from potential and use it during the DR, and most people who work on weekend's still have some time to play, since if you are working weekends, you likely work part time. SO working 4-8 hours aday means you still have time to play.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,570
    Posts: 8,213
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    That doesnt matter anymore considering you can just level a few times, get a rebirth potion from potential and use it during the DR, and most people who work on weekend's still have some time to play, since if you are working weekends, you likely work part time. SO working 4-8 hours aday means you still have time to play.

    Exactly, lets not turn this into something negative. Everyone will at least a couple hours to devote even if you work weekends. Honestly I can only grind for a couple hours anyway before I get burnt out. Lets be realistic here.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,045
    Posts: 1,160
    Member
    What kind of work are you guys even doing that requires your full weekend, not even letting you home?

    Military service?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,570
    Posts: 8,213
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    What kind of work are you guys even doing that requires your full weekend, not even letting you home?

    Military service?

    That would be valid, unfortunately there would only be a small handful of players within that coast guard program. I'm sorry for those players if it effects them. But I am sure their benefits outweigh some online game.
    Xiokun
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,080
    Posts: 887
    Member
    They've extended it to Monday before. I remember they have a couple times. Even extended it to the next weekend, (but not during the week).
    I'm just glad they listened to us because I really need this AP. </3
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    Posts: 62
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    What kind of work are you guys even doing that requires your full weekend, not even letting you home?

    Military service?

    I have college weekdays, so I have to work weekends, 12 hour shift each day~
  • CraftkidCraftkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Posts: 37
    Member
    I have several friends who work six days a week and all they got is the sunday... but anyways let us just enjoy the rainbow and hope it rains to give us another one soon after
  • MilisheaMilishea
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited April 21, 2017
    I work 30 hours over the course of Saturday and Sunday, double rainbows always make me sigh as they happen almost exclusively over the weekends and I know those of us that work weekends so others don't have to can't catch a break, ever.

    I know I'm a minority here but my time spent at home is reserved for a well deserved nap between two shifts. Even those working 12 hours have to account for transportation, eating, showering, sleeping. AFAIK most people working weekends do 12 hours or longer shifts, and no, I'm not military. Although I guess security's close enough, minus the benefits.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,675
    Posts: 96
    Member
    edited April 21, 2017
    i am a care taker i work Friday Saturday Sunday 14 hr days
  • KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Posts: 30
    Member
    Can we get double rainbow to work with commerce...it seriously needs to be updated for the new content we have. :D
    SylviaWolfeTairiku
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,110
    Posts: 279
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    That doesn't matter anymore considering you can just level a few times, get a rebirth potion from potential and use it during the DR, and most people who work on weekend's still have some time to play, since if you are working weekends, you likely work part time. SO working 4-8 hours aday means you still have time to play.

    Exactly, lets not turn this into something negative. Everyone will at least a couple hours to devote even if you work weekends. Honestly I can only grind for a couple hours anyway before I get burnt out. Lets be realistic here.

    It's not even a negative, just the absence of a positive - and the request that that positive be added. In short, a suggestion for improving double rainbow events. The guy barely complained at all, and it was an unavoidable part of expressing his opinion.

    You're both trying to rationalize imposing limits on others based on your assumptions (in bold) and personal preferences (underlined). Pretty ironic responses, considering you asked for this event in a very similar fashion. Is there any good reason not to do this for future double rainbows? It's not like a GM event, where the GMs actually have to be there. Why wouldn't you want more DB tiem?

    Also, @OP, this should probably be in suggestions.
    BlissfulkillLazyAnkou
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 314
    Member
    Can I ask a different kind of question?

    If Nexon does a Double Rainbow Event that lasts from Wednesday to Wednesday (basically from maintenance to maintenance), people won't complain right?
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 314
    Member
    Can I ask a different kind of question?

    If Nexon does a Double Rainbow Event that lasts from Wednesday to Wednesday (basically from maintenance to maintenance), people won't complain right?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,525
    Posts: 2,363
    Member
    edited April 21, 2017
    Sure they will. Because people have final projects and exams around this time, or have work and familial obligations and can't take part because they're busy. Everyone has something going on. =D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,570
    Posts: 8,213
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    That doesn't matter anymore considering you can just level a few times, get a rebirth potion from potential and use it during the DR, and most people who work on weekend's still have some time to play, since if you are working weekends, you likely work part time. SO working 4-8 hours aday means you still have time to play.

    Exactly, lets not turn this into something negative. Everyone will at least a couple hours to devote even if you work weekends. Honestly I can only grind for a couple hours anyway before I get burnt out. Lets be realistic here.

    It's not even a negative, just the absence of a positive - and the request that that positive be added. In short, a suggestion for improving double rainbow events. The guy barely complained at all, and it was an unavoidable part of expressing his opinion.

    You're both trying to rationalize imposing limits on others based on your assumptions (in bold) and personal preferences (underlined). Pretty ironic responses, considering you asked for this event in a very similar fashion. Is there any good reason not to do this for future double rainbows? It's not like a GM event, where the GMs actually have to be there. Why wouldn't you want more DB tiem?

    Also, @OP, this should probably be in suggestions.

    Yeah I know I requested it. I am grateful they granted it at all. Everyone else will be fine.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited April 21, 2017
    Milishea wrote: »
    I work 30 hours over the course of Saturday and Sunday, double rainbows always make me sigh as they happen almost exclusively over the weekends and I know those of us that work weekends so others don't have to can't catch a break, ever.

    I know I'm a minority here but my time spent at home is reserved for a well deserved nap between two shifts. Even those working 12 hours have to account for transportation, eating, showering, sleeping. AFAIK most people working weekends do 12 hours or longer shifts, and no, I'm not military. Although I guess security's close enough, minus the benefits.

    ditto on all accounts
    luckily this is my short weekend so I will be off sunday night, and after I sleep I might be able to get a few hours in.
    Tomorrow I will wake up around 3-3:30pm, and have to start cooking to leave about 6pm ot be back at work :(
    I'll be honest if it wasn't for the potential update I wouldn't really care as the last couple DR's I didn't bother even leveling once.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,570
    Posts: 8,213
    Member
    edited April 21, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »
    Milishea wrote: »
    I work 30 hours over the course of Saturday and Sunday, double rainbows always make me sigh as they happen almost exclusively over the weekends and I know those of us that work weekends so others don't have to can't catch a break, ever.

    I know I'm a minority here but my time spent at home is reserved for a well deserved nap between two shifts. Even those working 12 hours have to account for transportation, eating, showering, sleeping. AFAIK most people working weekends do 12 hours or longer shifts, and no, I'm not military. Although I guess security's close enough, minus the benefits.

    ditto on all accounts
    luckily this is my short weekend so I will be off sunday night, and after I sleep I might be able to get a few hours in.
    Tomorrow I will wake up around 3-3:30pm, and have to start cooking to leave about 6pm ot be back at work :(

    Just use a rebirth potion and spam MA. Problem solved.
  • YuechiiYuechii
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    Posts: 43
    Member
    I only work Sundays, I make time so...