Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Meanwhile in Japan

Comments

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    not saying middle to low-end crowd should be excluded from new content but at least if you're middle to low-end then highly likely you still have some type of existing content left to do. if you still have stuff left to do don't see why you would quit unless done with the game in general. end game have probably done everything and are bored as heck.

eg. i'd probably be in the middle crowd. haven't finished all my gens. haven't done saga 2 ep 6. ran alban few times years ago got indomitable title then have pretty much no desire to ever set foot in there again lol. so still got things to do there technically. have done like 1 girg raid ever. haven't touched phantasm.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Daktaro wrote: »
    not saying middle to low-end crowd should be excluded from new content but at least if you're middle to low-end then highly likely you still have some type of existing content left to do. if you still have stuff left to do don't see why you would quit unless done with the game in general. end game have probably done everything and are bored as heck.
    Mabi needs new players, ie: new low-middle people. People who are in the end game are already bored and leaving. The new end-game content isn't even good, its tedious and not worth it with instant-multi-aggro advanced heavy stander nonsense because that makes the game "harder" and its "totally" for the "end-game" crowd.
    The recent dungeon revamp just kicked out the entirety of the low-end/new people with everything being much harder. Pretty sure Alby Normal wasn't filled with 300hp spiders before the revamp.
    eg. i'd probably be in the middle crowd. haven't finished all my gens. haven't done saga 2 ep 6. ran alban few times years ago got indomitable title then have pretty much no desire to ever set foot in there again lol. so still got things to do there technically. have done like 1 girg raid ever. haven't touched phantasm.
    Yea sure, phantasm is totally part of the middle-game content.
    badnewsbarrettTwelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well phantasm is becoming easier and easier. There are a increasing number of players who can now solo it.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Sid Pinaha contains In-game reforges which you don't need to pay NX like reforge tools. (Eco Stone)
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Sid Pinaha contains In-game reforges which you don't need to pay NX like reforge tools. (Eco Stone)

Is that the new dungeon thing with the update? Do you know what other prizes it has? o: just curious.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 5, 2017
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I just hope that the Lake Neagh dungeon thingie isn't as hard as Alban Knights Training Grounds or Rabbie Phantasm. If it is, it would be another case of catering solely to the end-game crowd and making more reasons for the middle-to-lower end crowd to stop playing mabi.

Sidh Pinaha dungeon are quite challenging but at least they have a three difficulties ranging from easy to hard... the hard part is the mini-boss part and boss part... However, seeing KR Mabinogi's players soloing the HM one and clearing them from 5 to 30 minutes depending on their gears.
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well phantasm is becoming easier and easier. There are a increasing number of players who can now solo it.

This and the echo stones we get from Sidh Pinaha will only make Phantasm easier, lol.
    Ellisya wrote: »

Is that the new dungeon thing with the update? Do you know what other prizes it has? o: just curious.

Yeah, it mainly give out echo stones and you get 3 attempts to 'level' it up and 3 attempts to 'reforge ' it per run, better % to level up more difficulty level the dungeon is and better reforge type/level from the harder version too. The AP cost to attempt 'reforging' the echo stones increases each attempt. Echo stones increase your stats and they ignore the 1.5k cap on the stats we have... we can equip up to three in a new equipment tab though we can't equip one same type of echo stone (for example, yellow echo stone increases your dex but you can't equip more than one in the equipment).

I can grab some videos of KR players running hard Sidh Pinaha dungeon for you guys to watch them if you'd like that.
  • AeolysAeolys
    I don't have any amazing reforged gear with outrageous buffs so I am stuck in a state of limbo where I am on the bottom end of the end-game crowd. I am always against reforges since it is pay-to-win. I am concerned that these echo stones stack with existing reforges. This will create a new level of top-tiered players with even more outrageous damage buffs.
    badnewsbarrettjustshowingHarukariXiokunVimiBehelitSherriTwelieHiroki05
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Zeo wrote: »
    I can grab some videos of KR players running hard Sidh Pinaha dungeon for you guys to watch them if you'd like that.

That would actually be awesome if you could o:
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I wish to add a comment that's completely off topic of this chat.

that is all.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Mabi needs new players, ie: new low-middle people. People who are in the end game are already bored and leaving. The new end-game content isn't even good, its tedious and not worth it with instant-multi-aggro advanced heavy stander nonsense because that makes the game "harder" and its "totally" for the "end-game" crowd.
    The recent dungeon revamp just kicked out the entirety of the low-end/new people with everything being much harder. Pretty sure Alby Normal wasn't filled with 300hp spiders before the revamp..
    -i agree that mabi always needs new players. but a fresh player starting the game has a heap of content to do before they run out.
    -"end game are already bored and leaving" are you saying because of this to just not pay attention to them? um ok. so adding more content for low-middle players is helpful but adding content for end-game players is useless? what?
    -i wasn't arguing the quality of current end game content :\ i can agree that instant multi aggro and heavy stander and hp sponge mobs etc to make things "harder" is not good. but i don't really understand the point of the rest of the sentence. "end game content is bad because its for end game players"?
    -i agree that the dungeon update was horrible to low-middle players yes. it took away content they could do without much trouble and replaced it with content they can't. bad decision. but kind of different scenario too. memento would not be taking anything away from low-middle players.
    Yea sure, phantasm is totally part of the middle-game content.
    not saying it is o_o was just listing the stuff me as a middle ground player has left to do before i run out and phantasm was at the end of the list.
    what i was trying to say in the previous post is that, sure it would be best case scenario if the new memento dungeon caters to all levels of gameplay, of course. but if it comes out and is more geared to end game players i don't see that as being a reason for low-middle players to quit like you said before: "If it is, it would be another case of catering solely to the end-game crowd and making more reasons for the middle-to-lower end crowd to stop playing mabi."
    low-middle would still have a lot of content to do and be able to work towards end game. while end game players are stuck and bored.

i do understand though if we split end game into fresh end game players and veteran/god mode end game players. if new content geared for end game catered ONLY to god mode players who spend truckloads into reforges and pets etc can dish out 5-6 digit damage easily etc.. yea that's not good either.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I don't have any amazing reforged gear with outrageous buffs so I am stuck in a state of limbo where I am on the bottom end of the end-game crowd. I am always against reforges since it is pay-to-win. I am concerned that these echo stones stack with existing reforges. This will create a new level of top-tiered players with even more outrageous damage buffs.

From what I know... you only can have 1 line on each echo stone and you can get certain reforges depending on what kind of echo stone... like for example... black echo stone give out alchemy-related reforges plus some new alchemy reforges (only for echo stones) such as Hydra Duration.

badnewsbarrett
  • AeolysAeolys
    Note that the second video is in Curiosity difficulty, which is the easiest difficulty. I [think] the mobs are as tough as the mobs in Alby Advance Hardmode maybe. The Boss and the Midboss look tanky and are sporting Advanced Heavy Stander. I am also staring with disdain at how these players are able to hit 80k damage...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Note that the second video is in Curiosity difficulty, which is the easiest difficulty. I [think] the mobs are as tough as the mobs in Alby Advance Hardmode maybe. The Boss and the Midboss look tanky and are sporting Advanced Heavy Stander. I am also staring with disdain at how these players are able to hit 80k damage...

Curiosity isn't really a difficulty.

There are 3 "different dungeons" for Sid Pinaha.
    Curiosity is one of them.
    There's also like... Fear and something else.
    Curiosity is probably the "easiest" of the three.
    But each version still has "Easy", "Intermediate", and "Hard" difficulties.

Given the 2m exp reward, that's definitely "Hard".

Beginner should be accessible to low-mid level players, especially in a full party.
    Just have to be mindful of the midboss.
    And soloing's such a dura nightmare, just on the boss herself, since she has sooooo much HP.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010

From what I know... you only can have 1 line on each echo stone and you can get certain reforges depending on what kind of echo stone... like for example... black echo stone give out alchemy-related reforges plus some new alchemy reforges (only for echo stones) such as Hydra Duration.

While this looks interesting and i like the look of the dungeon it's still just the same old how do we make this harder just give enemies more hp, def,attack, and so on not really any need to think just need to do the damage/spam pets/maybe move every now and again. Why is it we never really seem to get any bosses with at least interesting ish mechanics like say a boss that we can't hit till we hit an orb that spawns around the room randomly that does something to lower the boss for a bit so we can hit it not much different but it would be something more then just do damage and keep hitting it till dead.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    dra011 wrote: »

While this looks interesting and i like the look of the dungeon it's still just the same old how do we make this harder just give enemies more hp, def,attack, and so on not really any need to think just need to do the damage/spam pets/maybe move every now and again. Why is it we never really seem to get any bosses with at least interesting ish mechanics like say a boss that we can't hit till we hit an orb that spawns around the room randomly that does something to lower the boss for a bit so we can hit it not much different but it would be something more then just do damage and keep hitting it till dead.

I forget which of the three variations of the dungeon has it, but there's one where the final boss cannot be targeted by any of your attacks.
    You have to fight monsters that drop spirit crystals (similar to the Golden skeleton enemies in ghost of partholon) and you take the role of the white-haired girl to fight the boss.
    You have to use that method to get the boss down to 50% hp, where they'll become targetable by your real character.

Also, the midbosses (the bone dragon type enemies) have a gimmick like the skelemancers in Rabbie Phantasm, where if there's only one left alive, it'll start casting a resurrection spell to bring back the dead ones, so you have to finish the final one off before it finishes casting it.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    dra011 wrote: »

I forget which of the three variations of the dungeon has it, but there's one where the final boss cannot be targeted by any of your attacks.
    You have to fight monsters that drop spirit crystals (similar to the Golden skeleton enemies in ghost of partholon) and you take the role of the white-haired girl to fight the boss.
    You have to use that method to get the boss down to 50% hp, where they'll become targetable by your real character.

Also, the midbosses (the bone dragon type enemies) have a gimmick like the skelemancers in Rabbie Phantasm, where if there's only one left alive, it'll start casting a resurrection spell to bring back the dead ones, so you have to finish the final one off before it finishes casting it.

Hmm i see well this seems to be a step in the right direction at least not sure how long they will keep on this path but i hope it's for awhile.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Haven't done all my generations either, I only did Saga 1, I ran that Alban Knights training grounds a few times, I don't remember ever beating it..
    I've done like one raid either, not really 'fun' because G19 and G20 are impossible for me x_x
    and I've only ran Rabbie Mirror. Never beat it and never ran the real deal. I got to 7k cumulative yesterday. (Saturday, 5.6.17) xP

i hate rushing through content anyway.
    im also afraid to do Romeo & Juliet.
    I cried enough when I read it in school in 9th grade

#BringBackMercutio
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    -i agree that the dungeon update was horrible to low-middle players yes. it took away content they could do without much trouble and replaced it with content they can't. bad decision.
    This.

I try to help new players do dungeons and often find it's more trouble than it's worth. Mobs are essentially just more of an hp sponge and deal more damage, which essentially makes me the carry. I don't like to be so controlling because I want the new player to learn and feel like they're progressing and able to fight for themselves. When someone does everything for you it will take away the incentive for you to try to work hard yourself.

I can't for the life of me understand why they'd do that. Instead of being easy but boring, now it's "harder", more tedious, and boring. I hope eventually it gets fixed/ this update, when it comes, will do something for the little guys.

Kind of off topic, kind of not. Sorry for slight rant.
  • Speddy54Speddy54
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    edited May 9, 2017

A post on Mabination about memento actually says most of these don't stack with reforges.

Edit:
    Another post said only the reforges that currently stack (e.g. dual gun max damage) stack with echo stones.