Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to take better screenshots.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited February 17, 2019 in Game Guides
Have you every been wondering how you can just get that really sick looking screenshot, but are tied down to having your character in the way by being too photogenic?

Well fear not my friends, this guide will show you that you can take screenshots like photographs!

Step 1: Press esc, or go to the Main interface menu on your lower screen and click the "Screenshot" option, and you'll see this box appear. Simple enough no?
Xaz9UxS.png

Step 2: CONTROLS!

By default, to hide the interface on screen would by ctrl + P, ctrl + N, and the "\" keys. These make all the clutter except the annoying event and happening banners disappear. If your chat-bar refuses to disappear, press "enter" twice to make it vanish.

I like to call the "Screen shot" option "Camera mode", as you can simply just printscreen a screenshot. However this option allows for more options like positioning of the camera's height, X,Y,Z angles, and zooming in/out. In "Camera-mode" the camera point of view is frozen in place and your character can freely move without moving the camera itself.

Other controls in camera mode include the following:

Up/Down arrow keys: Adjusts the Camera's height, by loading a skill like windmill to hold yourself still, you can easily adjust the height of the camera without moving your character. If you move your characters with the wsad keys, you won't really have to load anything.

68100e8fee.gif

Right-click: freeview positioning. By holding down right-click you can move the camera freely along the landscape.

867eef0038.gif

Mouse-wheel: Zoom-in or out

0521bdc427.gif

Middle-click, or mouse wheel button: Rotate Camera axis

82eb3a9c63.gif

With these few controls at your disposal, you can make pretty neato screenshots of the surrounding environment.

Examples:
uYz7CDQ.jpg
6VgzJ2o.jpg

Step 3: You can now make quality pictures like Camera-girl

Step 4: ....

Step 5: PROFIT!

Now go take beautiful screenshots. If you have fraps, you can take screenshots with the light meter in the options in full-screen mode or windowed mode.

GretaAeolysKirara01NegumikoIsumoPanKitsuyashaImaizumiJazmynRobykyunand 2 others.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Thank you for this guide! I actually didn't know this lol. Also the last steps made me chuckle :D
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Already knew about this, and use it a lot, but that doesn't make this guide any less valuable.

Succinct, pictures, good explanations. Love it.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Oh, I didn't know about the up and down keys!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I just tried this out since i was bored.

24w4kz9.jpg
    hrzwuq.jpg

Looks neat B) I love this <3
  • IsumoIsumo
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Thank you very much for making this guide, it is greatly appreciated!! I can now spend more time taking good screenshots of memorable moments, rather than struggle for a long time trying to get positioning correct :)