Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What do you play Mabinogi for?

Comments

• andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    edited December 18, 2016
    Community. I wouldn't still be around lurking those forums if I didn't love the people who played this game. It can have bad graphics and lag all it wants, but I had good times with good people in there, no matter what we were doing.
  • RinRin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    For cute stuff.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I've been here since the first day out of beta; I've come too far to walk away.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    If there was an all of the above option I'd vote for it. I stay in Mabi because of my friends and my guild. The G's are pretty fun too. Though most of the reason I stay is for socialization.
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    xD. im playing it for all. everything mabi has
    haha.
    KingEphy
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I play for all the above.... There is simply no better game than Mabi!!
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited December 18, 2016
    I haven't played Mabinogi in about 2-3 years maybe. I left it for FFXIV, but I returned a few days ago because of nostalgia, I suppose. A couple of my friends came back as well and we've been playing together and it's been fun. I'm beginning to rediscover a lot of aspects of the game and new content and it's been a very good distraction from all the stuff I got going on irl. So, I'll probably stay for a while.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    No idea it just has something I've not hit in another MMO
    Definitely not for my friends list as I don't think anyone has logged on in 2-3 years that are on it.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited December 18, 2016
    Videos like this one brought me into the game:

Technically I previously spoke of a friend who tried to drag me in - just before ditching Mabinogi after I finally did join - but that person's efforts to ensnare me all failed, it was only when I looked up information myself that I found videos like this and became enraptured. I guess you could say I only joined because their pushing me made me eventually see things like this, but that person's arguments alone weren't ever going to budge me (probably because the person-in-question tends to begin a different MMO each and every month).

One of my happiest moments in-game was actually getting to meet Emertxe once (this wasn't planned - though - as my server was chosen on the basis of my long-gone friend, rather than those videos that initially drew me in).
  • ShomarukiShomaruki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    I just want rank darn cooking master one. T_T I want to make ice cream!....
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    to have 15yr olds randomly hit on me by talking about animu and how much sword art online sucks, and how naruto is the best thing ever of course

i mean the community is great
    Imaizumimintiel
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited December 18, 2016
    Like someone else said, Mabi kinda hits the target with how unique it is. It isn't a cookie cutter of other games and has a bunch of enjoyableness to it.

AND that soundtrack is amazing!
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Shomaruki
    Shomaruki said:

... I want to make ice cream!....
    YES!!!! ~runs to store for some~
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I'll be honest, I play mainly for all the beautiful new clothes. I've also met a lot of really lovely people and come back on all the time just to have a chat.

Combat wise I'm kinda burned out on. I think a I've tried everything at least once and am sitting on like 3000 AP not doing anything with it.
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    Generation Storylines, to keep in contact with my huge cluster of friends and because I've put too much time and money into this game to back out now. ;u;
    AavaFleegon
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    I love looking at my character, honestly. At this point I'm addicted and can't leave even if I don't much besides dailies. Seven years is a long time
    Aava
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited December 18, 2016
    I use to play for the adventure and lore of the game, as well as it's uniqueness, but for years it changed to my shared love for music and creating them. Especially when the game introduced the cello. But as it stands now, if they don't fix the long notes back to what it was before the music Q update, my heart is swaying me to leave. :( I truly hope it gets fixed soon.
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    KelpSoda
    KelpSoda said:

to have 15yr olds randomly hit on me by talking about animu and how much sword art online sucks, and how naruto is the best thing ever of course

are you sure theyre not 12yr olds? ///
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You mean why right? Well I would have to say for the social combat.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    rainLOVE
    rainLOVE said:

KelpSoda
    KelpSoda said:

are you sure theyre not 12yr olds? ///
    are you calling me old?