Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Happy Homestead Screenshot Contest on Facebook

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 16, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Why facebook but forum itself though /cry

I bet they had reasons. Also i hope everyone has a Facebook account in 2017 by now lol.

Facebook is stupid, and old. Meh. It is what it is though. I never use my real name on any social websites.
    badnewsbarrett
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Tabari wrote: »
    My only issue with using this method is some of us wish to remain anonymous and not allow others to know our real identity and what we look like.

Make a facebook page and then post using said facebook page.
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    You'll only get in trouble if someone goes out of their way to report your account for being "fake." ( Which sadly people have been known to do :/ )

And that is why I no longer bother with Facebook.
    badnewsbarrett
  • AtouAtou
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Does anyone know how long it takes for your post to be approved?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 20, 2017
    Atou wrote: »

A day or two during normal business days.

I can't wait to see the results, but I have a feeling Saygo is going to make it random again - despite how much time and effort was done in our homesteads.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Gaea wrote: »

I can't wait to see the results, but I have a feeling Saygo is going to make it random again - despite how much time and effort was done in our homesteads.

I think it should be random, not to discredit anyone who worked hard in their HS, but for the fact it makes it more fair for those who don't have a lot of props in theirs, especially those who don't have ones from past events and stuff. I'm not sure how many entries there are but he did say if we get a lot, he'd add more winners like they did last time, so hopefully that will happen. I still have to submit mine lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I can't wait to see the results, but I have a feeling Saygo is going to make it random again - despite how much time and effort was

I think it should be random, not to discredit anyone who worked hard in their HS, but for the fact it makes it more fair for those who don't have a lot of props in theirs, especially those who don't have ones from past events and stuff. I'm not sure how many entries there are but he did say if we get a lot, he'd add more winners like they did last time, so hopefully that will happen. I still have to submit mine lol.

Yep, everyone gets A's, everyone wins.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited May 21, 2017
    it says in the rules that there are 3 criteria for the contest:

"8. Winner Selection: After the Promotion Period has ended, Sponsor will select a qualified judge or panel of qualified judges to judge all eligible submissions according to the following criteria:

• Creativity – 40%;
    • Homestead originality – 30%;
    • Character interaction – 30%."
    - via the Disclaimer
    badnewsbarrettCrimsọn
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 21, 2017
    Of which i have none of lol.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    still waitin' for my post with my screenshot to be approved......
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    My homestead is outdated compared to many of the entries that have newer items, but I've submitted a screenshot. :)

Any chance we could do videos in the future? There's no way a screenshot will do justice to most of the larger homesteads.
    Sphyra21
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 27, 2017
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    still waitin' for my post with my screenshot to be approved......

Looks like they finally approved yours?

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18582061_10212729928793643_3488856423000961791_n.jpg?oh=e8fba868b5368494aa8a747a870963e9&oe=59BD3A32
    Shadoe wrote: »
    My homestead is outdated compared to many of the entries that have newer items, but I've submitted a screenshot. :)

Any chance we could do videos in the future? There's no way a screenshot will do justice to most of the larger homesteads.

Ugh...I would have to find some decent screen recording software again.
    Sphyra21
    @Saygo I'm not sure which is wrong but I just noticed the rules say the contest ends May 26th and the Facebook page says May 25th D:
  • SaygoSaygo
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
    Hi everyone!

The contest rules do state that the event is supposed to end on the 26th. We will go ahead and extend it for a day (Contest will end on 5/26 @ 11:59PM). You will still be able to submit your homestead photos on the event page. We will stop accepting submissions on the May 27th. We currently have 70 submissions! Awesome job everyone. There is still time to get your screenshots in!
    tumblr_o4i6eubXzV1vnexm0o1_500.gif
    badnewsbarrettGMMewlynneCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Saygo wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

The contest rules do state that the event is supposed to end on the 26th. We will go ahead and extend it for a day (Contest will end on 5/26 @ 11:59PM). You will still be able to submit your homestead photos on the event page. We will stop accepting submissions on the May 27th. We currently have 70 submissions! Awesome job everyone. There is still time to get your screenshots in!

Jeese, so many last minute entries. >_>;;;
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 26, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Why facebook but forum itself though /cry

I bet they had reasons. Also i hope everyone has a Facebook account in 2017 by now lol.

Facebook is stupid, and old. Meh. It is what it is though. I never use my real name on any social websites.

Mabinogi is old and sometimes look so stupid too. Especially when looking at some old outdated graphics lol. But you still play it.
    Hi everyone!

I just hope people who posted multiple photos know that they're only judging based on one x.x
    GretaSutaru
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hi everyone!

I just hope people who posted multiple photos know that they're only judging based on one x.x

Most of us know. I posted multiple but I indicated which image was the primary entry. Saygo said any additional images would be just for "showing how great your homestead is" and would not be counted.

This is my primary pic. ^_^ <3 https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18425422_370197136709165_4026999559624440998_n.jpg?oh=0f3f2cdcab8523a0c10c5b702ea60f2a&oe=59B083D1
    badnewsbarrett
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    what anime is that gif from?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    what anime is that gif from?

Unsure, tracked it down to this tumblr page: http://chae-yeon.tumblr.com/post/141660159568

Google has failed to cross reference where it's from beyond that.