Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Renovation Season 3 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/74541/renovation-season-3-patch-notes-may-26th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

What pets should be level 200 and why?

Comments

  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    Cut.

    Cut

    Ahhh ok! No, I didn't mind the wall of text. Thank you so much for explaining all that! That makes sense now. I think I will level the Phoenix, because I do desperately want/need a pet that beefs up my defense/protection primarily. And I do already have a leveled 200 Bone Dragon, as I really prefer its look to either Scooter or Fallen Fairy. I don't think I would mind it once it grows up; I mainly play human. But then it's still too early to tell...

    ...Then again, I do have one supplement left, and have both a Phoenix and Fallen Fairy...hmmm...decisions....Is it too late to ask Nexon to give us TWO supplements per box haha? XD

    Ah well. I have time to think on this.
  • Fallout331Fallout331
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Posts: 25
    Member
    Pannya wrote: »
    intelligent ppl go for fallen fairy and scooter or if you are unlucky with the gacha the 2nd best is lento/gio and alto (if you have a card).
    stupid ppl and trolls that only want to feel special on the forums will recommend you nimbus and bone dragon (only experienced ppl that actually play the game will know why the bone dragon is a bad idea).
    note: always rank up fully new pets, be careful with scammers on player shops.
    While I don't agree with the attitude this post was written with, it's mostly correct information. In the context of this pet gacha the two best pets are Fallen Fairy and Scooter Imp. Priority shifts depending on what's the purpose of the pet. Are you only interested in elites, lords, dungeons? Fallen fairy. If your goal is Alban Heroic or Phantasm then Scooter Imp. Scooter Imp has decent stats with a good HP pool but most importantly, it reduces defence/protection of enemies around it.

    Do NOT 200 pot a Nimbus. Bone dragon is up for discussion, but if I had a Gio/Lento/Suave Sheep it would take priority over BD.


    Why is Nimbus a bad choice? I've heard people say Nimbus because of the Protection and and AoE

    Fallout331 wrote: »
    Pannya wrote: »
    intelligent ppl go for fallen fairy and scooter or if you are unlucky with the gacha the 2nd best is lento/gio and alto (if you have a card).
    stupid ppl and trolls that only want to feel special on the forums will recommend you nimbus and bone dragon (only experienced ppl that actually play the game will know why the bone dragon is a bad idea).
    note: always rank up fully new pets, be careful with scammers on player shops.

    Bone Dragon > Fallen Fairy

    https://gyazo.com/be4d35e047c2168a5216b4571a142d15

    Scooter is even worse regarding stats, it does make a decent tank tho.

    Those Bone Dragon stats *drools* Looks divine. Are those your pets, Fallout?


    Mhm, I was curious since the wiki states both Fallen Fairy and Bone dragon have the same stats (growth wise and lvl wise) and starting stats too.
    but when leveling both to 200 at age 1, Bone Dragon came out on top so the wiki is incorrect. Makes me wonder what other pets the wiki is wrong about too..
    WolfandWolf
  • GeluberserkGeluberserk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 95
    Member
    Fallout331 wrote: »
    Cut.

    The wiki isn't wrong. You're forgetting skills give stats. Pets gain stats upon skill rank up as well.
    Fallout331
  • Fallout331Fallout331
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Posts: 25
    Member
    Fallout331 wrote: »
    Cut.

    The wiki isn't wrong. You're forgetting skills give stats. Pets gain stats upon skill rank up as well.

    Hmm, didn't expect that to be a thing with pets, guess i didn't take that into consideration at the time.
    Shame wiki doesn't show the stats it gains per rank up of skills, unless its on there and i'm being blind xD
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Posts: 319
    Member
    Cut.

    Cut

    Ahhh ok! No, I didn't mind the wall of text. Thank you so much for explaining all that! That makes sense now. I think I will level the Phoenix, because I do desperately want/need a pet that beefs up my defense/protection primarily. And I do already have a leveled 200 Bone Dragon, as I really prefer its look to either Scooter or Fallen Fairy. I don't think I would mind it once it grows up; I mainly play human. But then it's still too early to tell...

    ...Then again, I do have one supplement left, and have both a Phoenix and Fallen Fairy...hmmm...decisions....Is it too late to ask Nexon to give us TWO supplements per box haha? XD

    Ah well. I have time to think on this.

    You won't get defense/protection from Divine Linking.
    WolfandWolf
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,785
    Posts: 59
    Member
    I used the potion on my Maplefox, because it's one of the coolest pets I own. Not everything has to be min-max, use it on a pet you'll use most in combat, regardless of stats. It's as simple as that.
  • OkichiOkichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 2
    Member
    I'm mainly a life skill person and was wondering if a Sheep would benefit from being lv200? anyone know any tips for a tailor (for pet levels I mean).
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    Okichi wrote: »
    I'm mainly a life skill person and was wondering if a Sheep would benefit from being lv200? anyone know any tips for a tailor (for pet levels I mean).

    Life skill pets are not really good to level up to 200. While yes you can get more mp from leveling up and thus gather more materials from your sheep/cow/herb pig/gnu before it needs a recharge, it is not necessary. They will also lose mp as they age to almost crippling amount. BUT bring the pet to the hotsprings and let it sit in the pool of tranquility (the healing one) and the little bugger will constantly be regenerating MP. No more using MP potions. No more camping in Alby Arena. No more using Fantastic Chorus. Just let the pet sit back at the hot springs and just shave away.
    OkichiImaizumi
  • OkichiOkichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 2
    Member
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Okichi wrote: »
    I'm mainly a life skill person and was wondering if a Sheep would benefit from being lv200? anyone know any tips for a tailor (for pet levels I mean).

    Life skill pets are not really good to level up to 200. While yes you can get more mp from leveling up and thus gather more materials from your sheep/cow/herb pig/gnu before it needs a recharge, it is not necessary. They will also lose mp as they age to almost crippling amount. BUT bring the pet to the hotsprings and let it sit in the pool of tranquility (the healing one) and the little bugger will constantly be regenerating MP. No more using MP potions. No more camping in Alby Arena. No more using Fantastic Chorus. Just let the pet sit back at the hot springs and just shave away.

    Ah, I see! thank you. ^^;
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    @Okichi
    I just did some math and you should at least get your sheep to like level 10 since a level 1 sheep that is over 11 weeks old will have 11 mp (enough for two sheers). 15 mp should be enough mp to get 3 sheers in before the hot springs recovers the mp. It would probably take a single dungeon/shadow mission run to get it up. Just not to level 200...
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    edited May 17, 2017
    Raishii wrote: »
    Cut.

    Cut

    snip

    You won't get defense/protection from Divine Linking.

    REALLY? That means, essentially, that Fairy would be the way to go instead of Phoenix, huh? Because the only reason I would go Phoenix is to use Divine Link to help shield me....Have not quite gotten Divine Link yet (but almost there) so I didn't know.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,455
    Posts: 661
    Member
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Most people say to do age 1 to lvl200, and I did that for mine.

    but now people in discord are saying age 2, because higher stat increase and age1 gives more hp ?

    Largely depends on the pet and what stat you want.
This discussion has been closed.