Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

When will be the next Beauty gacha

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
in General Chat
With all the new hairs pls add cookie witch as a hair coupon :d

Comments

• AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Pickle suit for Pickles, so can finally be one with the pickle.
    SibbXiokun
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Let me check my crystal ball
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I suspect in the future when they release the hair style recovery coupon in the future. Could be a couple months though.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I'm still waiting for them to release dark brown hair dye on our servers.

Where's Saygo when you need to give him 3 bazillion pretty pleases?
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 18, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for them to release dark brown hair dye on our servers.

Where's Saygo when you need to give him 3 bazillion pretty pleases?

I know KR Mabi had some more fixed hair dyes including the dark burgundy one (CA0000) so I'm waiting for that one to come out, to be honest... but I know KR added in the permanent addition of Hair Dye Box that have a dark brown color in the option or so?

Anyway, back on to the topic... I'd assume it'll take us couple of months before we'll see the third beauty gachapon so you have time to save up some gold for a hair you want.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    The last 2 times we got the Erinn Beauty Box was the first week in October, so I'd guess it'll be around then again but you never know with Nexon.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    It would be great if they were to bring back the beauty gacha before October. Since the coupons are only a one time use and then gone forever sort of deal it's pretty easy for the market for the in-demand looks to dry up quick. Add to that the fact that if you change looks you can only get the coupon look back again by using another coupon. So I don't get why they don't just bring these sort of gachas back sooner. Since I would think that hair, eyes, and mouth customization would be one of the most popular things of all. Given certain outfits just don't work as well with certain looks.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I wish they'd rerelease the long wave ponytail when they bring the beauty boxes back, and make them more common this time. On Tarlach they were 100m+, pretty sure they're still that price, I don't even think very many got onto the server :/
  • LenariLenari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    I have a feeling we'll get the new beauty coupon gacha within two months. We seem to get cash shop updates/gachas sooner than new content. They might even roll it out around the same time as the giant revamp.

Just a guess, though.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited May 28, 2017
    Based on overall KR updates compared to where we are at...

Either a rerelease of 2nd wave coupons, or a huge amount of time to wait until 3rd wave coupons.

The new coupons in KR are fairly recent, and we have quite a bit of catching up to do...

I would say in 3-10 months, when being generous.

Just be sure to check the dressing room after any actual updates. We often see stuff pop in there before it releases.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited May 28, 2017
    Man, you'd think something with a bunch of cosmetics separate from clothing would be sold a lot more frequently
    ¯\_(: I)_/¯
  • NamiriNamiri
    Still say it really makes no sense to only hold this sort of gacha in October each year. Since it seems like it would surely be more money for Nexon if they at least held it twice a year with say 6 months apart. I honestly doubt they wait for the sake of caring about players wallets and letting them save up more in advance. Since they sure don't seem to mind making the regular gachas have such terrible rates.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 29, 2017
    Whenever it is, I'm sure they'll mess up by releasing all those same old wigs, outfits, and training pots again that are almost worthless now. Seriously Scathach, Odran, and other things are nearly worthless now in my server... then you got Millia wear which has barely recovered from the last 2 beauty boxes... all those old NPC wigs. sure let's ruin them all once again lol :D. no point even keeping them for future sales either because they will just keep getting re-released at this point.

I remember when doing gachas was actually worth it and they allowed stuff to regain value for a while before shoving it in a new gacha again...

This is all up to Nexon Korea though. We got the homestead update extremely fast.... like within 1 week of its release in KR... but sometimes we get a dumbed down version and have to wait an entire year for the new one. it happened with the Belisha event when they added those mini gems and better totems and mysterious girl stuff. We got regular old Belisha's mansion that year, or some other halloween event instead. There's a possibility we get the gacha, but only with the first 2 sets of coupons again
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    ...im tired of getting slow, delayed, dumb downed versions.... V.V
    FUNNY tho, it took a week for the homestead stuff.... then obviously we can pretty much get most of these updates in a week.....-why we wait so long.... content what we crave....

-what benefit tactic is this?
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'm sick of beauty coupons. Just make permenant options we can buy through the pon shop. :I
    GretaBlissfulkillSheenaKageitoTheDumbOneTweliebadnewsbarrettlidiyaLostLinksFweepand 2 others.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I'm sick of beauty coupons. Just make permenant options we can buy through the pon shop. :I

Yup, my thoughts exactly.
    XiokunTheDumbOneTwelie
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 29, 2017
    When it came to it, Nexon did everything wrong, by making coupons a 1 out a 1000 chance to recieve by paying a $15 for 11 for an item that can be only used one time and is restricted to the palette color options for races, which are not equal across races. With most desired wigs being 1 or 2 million gold, it is blatantly unwieldy to switch hairstyles to *gasp* MATCH THE OUTFIT?! Not to mention the addition of one time hair dyes, that were off as soon as you get a freaking haircut!

Now are they not just making more of these coupons, but also making a permanent coupon that drops that makes me ask "shouldn't this already be a bleeping feature for those that paid for it?!"

I really do not see an opportunity to mess up and screw the playerbase over that they, frankly, have not done in this systems implementation. It could not have happened at all, sure, but it sure as heck can be done a great deal better.

This seems unnecessary and harmful to the playerbase retention.
    lidiya
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    We should do what ESO does and guarantee two rare items per gacha. :3 (But then again you have to BUY ESO so I don't know entirely how that would fly for here.)
    Better yet, I would like it if you had to buy Mabinogi, but in return, all the glitches and odds n ends are fixed, along with graphical updates, racial, skill, and enemy balancing, and more advertising! :3
  • NamiriNamiri
    edited May 29, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    There's a possibility we get the gacha, but only with the first 2 sets of coupons again

Wouldn't really mind that all too much personally. Given it's 3 very specific coupons I'm after that were in the previous gacha.
    Xiokun wrote: »
    We should do what ESO does and guarantee two rare items per gacha. :3 (But then again you have to BUY ESO so I don't know entirely how that would fly for here.)

Alternatively they could just do something similar to what a certain mobile game called Granblue Fantasy does with their gachas. Where after you've done so many rolls on the gacha you can guaranteed pick a single thing you want from that gacha. Honestly that would be a lot more fair for the people who spend A LOT of money on the gachas. Since at least then they would get something for all the money they spent.