Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Hotkeys Resets every login

AtmatheTerrorAtmatheTerror
Mabinogi Rep: 715
in Technical Support
not sure whats going on, but whenever i login the past 3 days my hotkeys are reset.

Comments

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Are you logging out normally or are you crashing or turning off your laptop without logging out first? If you are not logging out correctly then your hotkeys will not be saved.
  • AtmatheTerrorAtmatheTerror
    Are you logging out normally or are you crashing or turning off your laptop without logging out first? If you are not logging out correctly then your hotkeys will not be saved.

...yes I'm logging out correctly. There is no error on my part, something is dysfunctional. I have google researched it to the best of its ability and searched the forums for insight and nothing has been any help.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    To my understanding, hotkeys are actually saved locally.
    I noticed this when I logged in a different computer, all my hotkeys were gone, or saved from centuries ago.

Maybe it has something to do with temporary files.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 2, 2017
    Do you possibly use any program that work similarly like Advanced System Care?
    AtmatheTerror
    Greta wrote: »
    Do you possibly use any problem that work similarly like Advanced System Care?

I do use Advanced System Care.
  • GretaGreta
    Do you possibly use any program that work similarly like Advanced System Care?

I do use Advanced System Care.

Some people say that Advanced System Care cleans out your recently saved hotkeys, would be best to try to not use scan in it for like 3 days or so, maybe after a while Advanced System Care won't think that your saved hotkeys are useless trash lol.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Some people say that Advanced System Care cleans out your recently saved hotkeys, would be best to try to not use scan in it for like 3 days or so, maybe after a while Advanced System Care won't think that your saved hotkeys are useless trash lol.

This is exactly what happened to me in the past with this program. I'm sure it was a particular setting in it but I was to lazy to find out which one, so I eventually just uninstalled the program.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 6, 2017
    Well i'm using Advanced System Care for a while now, but i don't seem to have these problems like you guys did, not sure why, i'm not smart at this. :D
    Well Ive discovered it only does it after i reboot my computer now, like when i turn it off to go to work, and etc.
    Anyone got any ideas?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 10, 2017
    Does the program, Advanced System Care, have a function that restores the computer to a certain point in time at every boot up. Like the computers in computer labs in schools? If it does have a function similar to that, disable it?

Actually, lets check if Advanced System Care is the reason for your cleared hotkeys.
    Control test. Rebind your keys now. Reboot. Check if keys gets cleared. Keys should be gone like you said.
    Real test. Completely disable Advanced System Care. Rebind your keys. Reboot. Check your keys. If your keys are still there, the program is the culprit. If not, its a different problem we do not know yet.
    Already done all that, tried everything logical and everything an IT technician would do... seeing as i am one.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    a friend of mine had the same problem and was unable to fix it for the longest time until he found a single forum post about someone with the problem to as persistant of a degree as he had it, oddly enough, the problem was somehow related to the fact that he had uninstalled internet explorer, someone on the forum he found claimed that reinstalling internet explorer solved the problem for them, so he tried it and it worked, my best guess would be that since the game was designed for quite some time to be web launch only, some of ur settings are stored along with web browser stuff, so try reinstalling internet explorer, set ur hotkeys, close the game normally and restart ur computer and see if the hotkeys stay
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Blortad wrote: »
    So try reinstalling internet explorer, set ur hotkeys, close the game normally and restart ur computer and see if the hotkeys stay
    You actually don't need to reinstall IE. There is a setting in there that lets you reset it. But first off, I do have to ask this, because some times people overlook this.

Did you do any sort of updating to the OS? This includes program and main OS patches, security updates, and the like. If so, then something might have been messed with in terms of the internet settings. So, here's a way that I usually go about, and this fixes it about 90% of the time when my hotkeys get wiped as well.

- Exit out of Mabinogi, the Nexon Launcher, and close any other browser you may have open (I just do this out of precaution)
    - Open [Internet Explorer]
    - Click on the cog icon on the upper right-hand corner, or on the Menu Bar, click on [Tools]
    - Click on [Internet Options]
    - Click on the [Advanced] tab
    - Under the scroll box, there should be a button on the right side that says [Restore Advanced Settings]
    - Click [Apply] at the bottom of the box
    - Close [Internet Explorer]
    - Restart the computer
    - Launch the Nexon Launcher and start Mabinogi
    - If this fixes it, hooray! If not, I'm stumped and will need to find another way to help
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    TNinja wrote: »
    To my understanding, hotkeys are actually saved locally.
    I noticed this when I logged in a different computer, all my hotkeys were gone, or saved from centuries ago.

Maybe it has something to do with temporary files.

As a note there are two sets of hotkeys.

The ones where you place skills/pets/items in hotbars are saved on the server. This includes order of skills in skilltabs as well as window position and some other things.

The ones you set from the "Hotkey Settings" in the Options menu are stored locally.

So @OP which are you having problems with?
    Sai
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I actually had this issue a while ago where my skill bar hotkeys always get reset after logging off for a bit (it won't save for some reason)...

Took the Nexon customer service a while to figure it out but apparently having the firewall turned on may cause some saving issues with the skill bar hotkeys not saving... try turning it off and see if it worked?
    I found a fix for now, its annoying but it works.

I'll look into Falcondae's idea but it is unlikely to help.

In any case, My particular situation is solved, if anyone else needs help I implore them to seek it here if need be.
This discussion has been closed.