Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dead Mafia and Fiesta?

Comments

• VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Festia will come alive again once they decide to add EVENTS in there like they planned to with that "Limited" tab in the achievements.
    GretaMeyZeo
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    It doesn't help that some of the Festia Achievements are really stringent. Like winning/losing by an exact point margin. And I don't mean 'by at least X points', I'm talking things like 'win/lose at Hammer Slam/Shooting Gallery by exactly 100 points, or darts by 1 point exactly'. Unless you're actually coordinating with people to farm these achievements, they just don't seem all that fun.
    badnewsbarrettMeyZeo
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    TtheHero wrote: »
    It doesn't help that some of the Festia Achievements are really stringent. Like winning/losing by an exact point margin. And I don't mean 'by at least X points', I'm talking things like 'win/lose at Hammer Slam/Shooting Gallery by exactly 100 points, or darts by 1 point exactly'. Unless you're actually coordinating with people to farm these achievements, they just don't seem all that fun.

What the....really?

That's #$@!ing stupid.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    @Greta @Siodhan
    As someone who also plays Town of Salem (ToS), Mabinogi's version of Mafia can feel lackluster in comparison, though in all fairness, ToS has focused exclusively on updating and running their version. Obvious flaws in ToS is the afk, gamethrowers, etc. I remember one game in Mabinogi where we had to wait the full 15 minutes because someone decided to go afk. And nobody decided to kill him, so it happened the next day too... Mafia can be a lot of fun in either version.

@Arjune
    I've honestly been misreading Festia ever since I first saw it, lol. Fiesta kinda makes since to me as a name since it looks like a carnival and party and whatnot.

@Policroma
    Festia looks to be full of all kinds of past events including Lorraine's Nightmare, Tail Chasers, and the FSN event you mentioned.

@Raishii
    The fact that Festia uses those tickets to play games is kinda dumb... While it does prevent people from spamming them all day to just get rewards, it also means that "Oh, I played my 3-4 games today, guess I have to go do something else now." Rewards can be nice, but the tickets limit it too much I guess. I barely bother to play around in Festia because it's too limited.

@Greta
    I kinda hate Alexina's market too. I saw someone selling the Eternal Rest book via their party ad, and they wanted 1.5m for it. Asking some other people around Tail SM, the highest price I saw them put it at was 300k, lowest being 150k. I was willing to pay more than that, but the minimum that guy was willing to go was 1m. People can get really greedy and the market is fluctuating so wildly...
    I heard something about an update that was supposed to be like the Grand Exchange from Runescape, but it got scrapped. That would have helped so much.
    Greta
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    What ever happen to the fun card matching game we had with the cookie island event :<
    They really should just make Festia spammable because its not like anyone WANTS the rewards you get.
    All people want is the fox ear wig from Festia and all the other "hit x rewards" people would just vendor to the lazy people, For the very "low price" of 10mil each.
    Not like anyone would buy it though.
    edited June 6, 2017
    The general problem I have is not being satisfied for the wrong reasons. If you want to play Batman: Arkham City, then play Batman: Arkham City. If you want to play Town of Salem, then play Town of Salem.

That being said, I see no real reason to expand it, since it meaningless to compete with Town of Salem, which is the main game, versus a minigame to spruce up our social aspects.

The point is to enhance the social aspects within Mabinogi, not to compete with Town of Salem. Mabinogi being the keyword.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I think if they ever added new prizes for Mafia, it would entice people to play again. I know you can get titles but I'm pretty sure they don't give stats. The actual Mafia items were part of like, a gacha or fishing event or something, weren't they? The suits and briefcases and stuff. Not sure what kind of prizes Mafia could give out, maybe some old titles constantly recycled through gachas or something? Just a thought.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    If I wanted to play Salem, I would go somewhere with actual cards.
  • SylekSylek
    @Badnewsbarrett
    The suits, briefcases, and other event items were from fishing or other means, but not Gacha. When Mafia was released (on Alexina) you'd see it everywhere. There could potentially be some fixes to it still, and maybe that might get a couple players to come back to it.

@Opalthira
    Removing the limit to Festia seems like the best way to liven it up. As for the rewards, I don't even care to do the solo stuff for them, so I don't care if they get scrapped completely. While rewards do entice other players to do stuff, I'd be happy if I just had a good time, maybe make some new friends.

@TNinja
    The issue with the actual cards is that finding a large enough group can be an issue sometimes (as it is with Mafia in Mabinogi) and with large enough groups, things can get chaotic. It's still probably the best way, however.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    I have a friend that's always playing mafia.

Me too! Maybe it's the same person???
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Twelie wrote: »
    I have a friend that's always playing mafia.

Me too! Maybe it's the same person???

I get a feeling that we are talking about same player here :D
    Twelie
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Opalthira wrote: »
    They really should just make Festia spammable because its not like anyone WANTS the rewards you get.
    All people want is the fox ear wig from Festia and all the other "hit x rewards" people would just vendor to the lazy people, For the very "low price" of 10mil each.

You'd be surprised. People price festia items at 10m because they sell at 10m. And believe it or not, there IS more than a silly fox-ear wig. I personally have been wearing the festival dress more than other outfits lately because I love it.

Also, notice people making Rosemary gloves more often? That's because festia drops ice silks and fabrics far more than the content they came from. (Sad but true...) So the materials are more readily available.

The real issues with Festia are as follows: there are 2 games with near-impossible achiements and it locks out anyone running a kiosk. A lot of people run kiosks constantly to keep money coming in (or sometimes to hold a good spot) while they are doing other things. So if you ask someone to do festia who normally would be all for it, they can't.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 8, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    You'd be surprised. People price festia items at 10m because they sell at 10m. And believe it or not, there IS more than a silly fox-ear wig. I personally have been wearing the festival dress more than other outfits lately because I love it.

10m is a cute price compared to people who are selling Wiggling Fox Ears and Wig (F) for around 50-110m. :/ So sad.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    idk if i said this before, but they should put all the event quest npcs in fiesta.... its not like its level restricted. and if joe gonna wear fiesta outfits, why not?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

Also, notice people making Rosemary gloves more often? That's because festia drops ice silks and fabrics far more than the content they came from. (Sad but true...) So the materials are more readily available.

The real issues with Festia are as follows: there are 2 games with near-impossible achiements and it locks out anyone running a kiosk. A lot of people run kiosks constantly to keep money coming in (or sometimes to hold a good spot) while they are doing other things. So if you ask someone to do festia who normally would be all for it, they can't.

Pretty much all the rewards are set to 10mil except the wigs then usually see them in shops for like month before they disappear.
    I find it hard to believe people are buying them up when they just sit there for weeks unsold.
    I also haven't seen a certain flaming sword from Avon being wielded by a single player in game yet.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

Pretty much all the rewards are set to 10mil except the wigs then usually see them in shops for like month before they disappear.
    I find it hard to believe people are buying them up when they just sit there for weeks unsold.
    I also haven't seen a certain flaming sword from Avon being wielded by a single player in game yet.

Last time I had a Festival dress drop, I sold it for 10m the same day. If somebody's trying to sell the hairpin for that much, then that's just hopeless.

As for the sword... I don't think a lot of people use the sword, whether they use rosemaries or not. But I have seen new rosemaries floating around, along with people advertising to buy the pattern.
  • SylekSylek
    At least one of the times I went to Avon to run MA, the sword wasn't there. Whether not people are actually using this sword or just collecting one, I don't know. But I guess some people are taking it.
    edited June 9, 2017

They were popular enough I suppose in the day, but Rosemary Gloves are difficult to get, and are more sought after for their bonus Damage multiplier for Ice Magic (+15%), and they are inferior to many other weapons we have these days it seems.

There simply isn't demand when other options present themselves, and are far easier to procure.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    most people who are going after rosemaries couldn't give a crap about the sword. they want the ice damage bonus for ice spear