Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Will humans one day gain the ability of mountshoot

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
edited June 13, 2017 in General Chat
Because human master race

Just give a huge aiming penalty compared to elves xd

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    You made a typo, lemme fix it. :)
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    Because human GIANTS master race

Honestly I feel no reason that humans don't have it. I used to think elves and humans could do it.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Xiokun wrote: »

Honestly I feel no reason that humans don't have it. I used to think elves and humans could do it.

It's about the same logic as to why Elves can't dualwield.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited June 13, 2017
    Humans can mountshoot when elves can final hit+dualwield. c:
    LeineiSphyra21ZeoCarlizeBlissfulkillYokkaichiCrimsọnMhaolKageitoLlewellyn
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 13, 2017
    Elves need lance talent first. QQ
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Raishii wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »

It's about the same logic as to why Elves can't dualwield.

As an elf who has always wanted dual wielding options, I'd be okay with both. Though I always figured lances were the equivalent of mounted shooting for humans.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    Humans can mountshoot when elves can final hit+dualwield. c:

As long as humans can hide, run fast, shoot two arrows at once, have faster magnum shot, final shot, and pointy ears. Then elves can have humans only bread and butter (final hit) D:

tbh I doubt they'll ever close the race gap, if anything they'll make things more race exclusive (IE: new content for giants coming out soon, the ladeca skills [level 100+]), etc.
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    The answer to that is....no. Why? Because it's Nexon.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    My thoughts: No, you humans already have your Final-Hit.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited June 13, 2017
    No because you guys already have the ability to use dual wield, final hit, arrow revolver while having the ability to use BOTH Lance and Archery skills. You guys even are able to use both Berserker and Spider Shot hidden skill.

We elves may have mounted archery but we can't even dual wield nor are able to use Lance skills.
    Carlize
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    This is a racial war
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 13, 2017
    My judgement is that swords are usually a low-power//high SPEED attack weapon with decent balance, humans can dual wield them without them becoming a gamebreaker.

Blunt weaponry is traditionally low-balance//high max-damage, and giants can dual wield them. Being the warrior race tailored towards warrior, giants don't depend on balance as much for these blunts to work efficiently and have much higher damage multipliers. Because they're the warrior class

Axe weaponry was traditionally tailored towards critical hits. With elves having smaller damage multipliers in warrior, it actually makes sense for elves to be able to dual wield axe weaponry to make up for those low mults. because axes favor criticals.
    nerrith
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Elf can use mining drill for semi lance, cheff passion for semi dual wielding,
    Berserk and shield of trust for semi final hit.

Then there is lime sprite and owl for human semi mounting shoot

Aaand

Jevelin for giant semi archery.

I am sure Chef's Passion cannot enable Bash, nor let Elves learn final hit, so basically, the point is moot.

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    I want to be able to shoot dual guns from my scooter and food truck. B)

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 14, 2017
    AgentJean wrote: »
    I want to be able to shoot dual guns from my scooter and food truck. B)

Oh yeah? Nexon, please let me shoot out Fireballs, Thunders and Ice Spears on flying mounts. Gonna bomb the whole Erinn just sitting on my mount up in sky! :D
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    Honestly wish that DevCat removes the class restrictions all together and just base-line the core stats for the races.

The only difference the 3 races would have are the added stats from their Race-Specific skills, (Mirage, stomp, taunt, wind guard, Final Hit, etc.), Trans, Run-speed, Hide/Play Dead or just die, and if they can carry someone or not.

But its DevCat. They won't try to balance the Races.