Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the June Renovation Season 5 Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92024/june-renovation-season-5-update-patch-notes-june-6th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Do the majority of mabi players use mods?

Comments

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    Don't tell me what is modding and what is hacking because i know. Tell this to people who created/used these so called "mods" with no time limits on mini-games and other advantages which i could make a huge list of. But it was called a "mod" for some reason, even though it had some stuff that gave more advantages than the others have, which definitely can be renamed into hacks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    point being. Modders arnt cheaters. unless they want to be to get back at you for getting them banned. which you have to watch out for. people like my brother are completely Harmless and ok with you unless you get them banned for something so petty as using a cosmetic mod. Mods are good.Hacks are back.

    Going against ToS is not harmless you say? Lol.
    It's their own fault for going against ToS, they should be aware that they can get banned because of ignorance for obeying simple rules. I'm just being conscientious here.


    Aeolys
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Posts: 419
    Member
    Am I the only one who didn't know about mods until now?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didn't know about mods until now?

    dCFhYDA.gif

    *Facepalming intensifies*
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    I can't believe people are still defending mods. I also cannot believe people are whining that they can't play because the mods break the game. Quit arguing that they are "cosmetic only", "not hurting anyone" or "the game is unplayable without them" justifying the use of mods. Its against the rules, end of story.
    GretaEvielickyXiokunPolicroma
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Posts: 419
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    actually i might use a mod that would prevent me from lagging too much
    as long as it doesn't require updating the mod every week

    mabinogi is nicely developed and unique and i really like the graphics and art style of it
    that i didn't bother to search if it has mods

    if its about difficulty i prefer doing things the hard way since i enjoy playing it when its hard
    its feels boring to play games when they are easy
    games were not made to be won they are made to be played
    GretaSirRyuXiokun
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    mabinogi is nicely developed and unique and i really like the graphics and art style of it
    that i didn't bother to search if it has mods

    if its about difficulty i prefer doing things the hard way since i enjoy playing it when its hard
    its feels boring to play games when they are easy
    games were not made to be won they are made to be played

    You finally said something very smart and beautiful. I'm deeply moved by this.

    0W9IZON.gif

  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Posts: 485
    Member
    Such a sensitive topic to bring up at official forum.
    I'm little surprised mod didn't lock/delete this.
    GretaTheNyanCatPolicroma
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Posts: 142
    Member
    Mods and hacks are different; Requiring a bypass to edit data on the server end = hacks, simple file edits in folders = mods. They are against the rules no matter what because Nexon's policy says so, and we agreed on that policy. They even clarified something as simple and harmless as editing mp3s to play your own custom tracks may just be enough to have your account suspended, or at least denied of basic customer services when things on your end goes wrong.

    Now that's out of the way and to OP's topic: I'm not sure if the majority of Mabinogi players use mods anymore. I know that some are still around, but from what I've witnessed the modding community looks dead.
    Namiri
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Posts: 61
    Member
    what kind of mods are u talking about?
    i never seen stranges things ingame except insane high damages :v
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Such a sensitive topic to bring up at official forum.
    I'm little surprised mod didn't lock/delete this.

    Mhm, remember when sabina/other moderator would close threads with slight whiff of mods/hack/or nation ?

    I remember this. I'm really surprised too. Especially after some people fled in to defend mods, which is ridiculous. It's against rules. Why would you support something that shouldn't be here in the first place?...
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Posts: 108
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Such a sensitive topic to bring up at official forum.
    I'm little surprised mod didn't lock/delete this.
    ^/lock, this whole post was stupid and just asking for trouble, the internet is a place of information and resources, there are places for things and there are places things dont belong. This is one of those places this doesn't belong.

    Edit: Also because I can: ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didn't know about mods until now?

    dCFhYDA.gif

    *Facepalming intensifies*

    I feel like that reaction was rather unnecessary. Since mods aren't allowed it's not like one would normally know of them unless they had seen someone else talking about them before.
    badnewsbarrettnoobodyzxz
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    Namiri wrote: »
    I feel like that reaction was rather unnecessary. Since mods aren't allowed it's not like one would normally know of them unless they had seen someone else talking about them before.

    I'm pretty sure anyone who uses internet daily and also a gamer for years (if i remember correctly nobodyzxz plays Mabinogi for at least 3 years by now) should already understand what modding is. Never mind this, just concentrate on OP topic.

  • ArchmagickArchmagick
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Posts: 22
    Member
    It's hard to defend mods at times because you often see a slippery slope effect: once you start modding the game harmlessly, a small number of players will push it over the edge into actual exploits. The obvious solution would be to allow limited modding and/or incorporate features from popular mods into the base game.
    GretaZeo
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Posts: 198
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 15, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Such a sensitive topic to bring up at official forum.
    I'm little surprised mod didn't lock/delete this.

    Mhm, remember when sabina/other moderator would close threads with slight whiff of mods/hack/or nation ?

    I remember this. I'm really surprised too. Especially after some people fled in to defend mods, which is ridiculous. It's against rules. Why would you support something that shouldn't be here in the first place?...

    I honestly wasn't going to reply to this thread and instead just read it as it progressed. But I digress, the reason people defend things even if they are against the rules is for change. If we simply lived by the rules the last 1000 years human history would have looked completely different. In some situations it's important to be vocal about what's is and isn't true, to spread information instead of lies or mutated truths. The fact of the matter is, to the people that are currently modding, a few simple game changes could get them to stop. The developers should look at the Quality of Life (QoL) mods and incorporate more of them into the game. We've gotten some mods as features but the game could use more.

    There are many things that mods get right that the developers should take into account. Bitmap fonts reduce a good 50-90% of the games lag as vectorized fonts just aren't suitable for a game like mabi. Commas in shop prices are a feature that should have been included eons ago. I'd kill to have Nexon NA change the font in this game, but even though I've had like 3 threads about it, videos about it, and more it hasn't been done. That this is something exclusive to Mabi NA as other servers don't have this issue.

    As a final closer to this post, the idea of "It's against the rules and thus is wrong" really bothers me. People need to think for themselves, to have their own moral code. Do I mod? No, I don't want to get banned. The thing is, I do I have my own opinions on the matter other than "it's wrong" Of course. I want to see this game do well and when a vast majority of the high end community uses mods...something is up.

    //JUST GIVE ME BETTER FONTS!//
    LiberatebadnewsbarrettRaishiicourtneyyUrufu
  • KaiityyZombiieKaiityyZombiie
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 4
    Member
    So I've been playing since the game went live back in '08, just never active on forums and such, and I didn't notice a spike in mods until I came back to Mabi after a year hiatus back in... I want to say 2012? Ever since then, I've noticed a lot of mods and phishing things. It's kind of sad. Mabi had this secret integrity and I feel like even that's been ruined.
    Greta
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    edited June 15, 2017
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    I honestly wasn't going to reply to this thread and instead just read it as it progressed. But I digress, the reason people defend things even if they are against the rules is for change. If we simply lived by the rules the last 1000 years human history would have looked completely different. In some situations it's important to be vocal about what's is and isn't true, to spread information instead of lies or mutated truths. The fact of the matter is, to the people that are currently modding, a few simple game changes could get them to stop. The developers should look at the Quality of Life (QoL) mods and incorporate more of them into the game. We've gotten some mods as features but the game could use more.

    There are many things that mods get right that the developers should take into account. Bitmap fonts reduce a good 50-90% of the games lag as vectorized fonts just aren't suitable for a game like mabi. Commas in shop prices are a feature that should have been included eons ago. I'd kill to have Nexon NA change the font in this game, but even though I've had like 3 threads about it, videos about it, and more it hasn't been done. That this is something exclusive to Mabi NA as other servers don't have this issue.

    As a final closer to this post, the idea of "It's against the rules and thus is wrong" really bothers me. People need to think for themselves, to have their own moral code. Do I mod? No, I don't want to get banned. The thing is, I do I have my own opinions on the matter other than "it's wrong" Of course. I want to see this game do well and when a vast majority of the high end community uses mods...something is up.

    //JUST GIVE ME BETTER FONTS!//

    *Points at the Feedback and Suggestions section* Here, I'll give you a link.

    You're defending mods. Its illegal. End. Of. Story.
    Greta
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Posts: 319
    Member
    Aeolys wrote: »
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    I honestly wasn't going to reply to this thread and instead just read it as it progressed. But I digress, the reason people defend things even if they are against the rules is for change. If we simply lived by the rules the last 1000 years human history would have looked completely different. In some situations it's important to be vocal about what's is and isn't true, to spread information instead of lies or mutated truths. The fact of the matter is, to the people that are currently modding, a few simple game changes could get them to stop. The developers should look at the Quality of Life (QoL) mods and incorporate more of them into the game. We've gotten some mods as features but the game could use more.

    There are many things that mods get right that the developers should take into account. Bitmap fonts reduce a good 50-90% of the games lag as vectorized fonts just aren't suitable for a game like mabi. Commas in shop prices are a feature that should have been included eons ago. I'd kill to have Nexon NA change the font in this game, but even though I've had like 3 threads about it, videos about it, and more it hasn't been done. That this is something exclusive to Mabi NA as other servers don't have this issue.

    As a final closer to this post, the idea of "It's against the rules and thus is wrong" really bothers me. People need to think for themselves, to have their own moral code. Do I mod? No, I don't want to get banned. The thing is, I do I have my own opinions on the matter other than "it's wrong" Of course. I want to see this game do well and when a vast majority of the high end community uses mods...something is up.

    //JUST GIVE ME BETTER FONTS!//

    *Points at the Feedback and Suggestions subforum* Here, I'll give you a link.

    Do you think the Suggestion forum actually means anything? People have been asking for commas and text fixes for years, yet have been willfully ignored.
    KaiityyZombiieZeobadnewsbarrettLiberateNamiricourtneyykapapaUrufu
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Posts: 485
    Member
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    //JUST GIVE ME BETTER FONTS!//

    I honestly don't get why font affects latency. Am I the only one who doesn't get lagged much by the font?
    Is this because I live in CA? I don't have a nice pc performance though.

    Greta
This discussion has been closed.