Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mission Point End Date?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    VenezziaofArcadia

*Raises hand sheepishly* I also got caught flat-footed by this.

In my defense, since the start of the event it was easy to see getting 5000 for one of the top prizes was going to be next to impossible, or at least far harder than the first time the event ran, so when I saw we had an extra week I just thought Nexon had become aware of it and had given us extra time, and hence I didn't think to check here if it was true or some glitch. I sometimes am so trusting...

And I'm a person who waits until the very last day to cash in, in hopes of maybe getting the top prize in a box instead of spending a heckofalot of points on it, and then use all those freed-up points on even more boxes.

At least this time I can honestly say I ran out of time unaware, not like with the Ghosts events in which I did buy everything I wanted on the very last day... except the damned ghost pet whistle XD Them 300 old coins sure look purty in my bank vault!
    R.I.P old coins :c

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Well, at least you got to look at the coins in misery. And maybe, just maybe, use them next halloween.

I just wish they made the mission shop available post-event. You guys know the Bingo Inventory? Yeah that one. I want that.
    Morold
  • nick022nick022
    Mabinogi Rep: 575
    I don't just say "Oh well, I'm an idiot, screw it." I'd like something to be done about it, and I'm here to try to push for something to be done about it. Quite frankly, it's rather exasperating that we have to deal with incompetence like this, and I'm getting pretty tired of it. It is seriously upsetting that all the time and effort I and others put into the event over the course of the past month was all for naught. I'm not going to just be a bystander and watch things happen without trying to do something about it. It works to no one's benefit when you basically just tell us to "deal with it". It doesn't help you, and all it does for us is piss us off. Either help us out or don't say anything at all, because all you're doing by telling us to suck it up is causing more misery.
    Morold
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 21, 2016
    nick022
    nick022 said:

I don't just say "Oh well, I'm an idiot, screw it." I'd like something to be done about it, and I'm here to try to push for something to be done about it. Quite frankly, it's rather exasperating that we have to deal with incompetence like this, and I'm getting pretty tired of it. It is seriously upsetting that all the time and effort I and others put into the event over the course of the past month was all for naught. I'm not going to just be a bystander and watch things happen without trying to do something about it. It works to no one's benefit when you basically just tell us to "deal with it". It doesn't help you, and all it does for us is piss us off. Either help us out or don't say anything at all, because all you're doing by telling us to suck it up is causing more misery.
    Ughh... Hate to say this, but like many others said event have ended, what done is done, better luck next time. I don't see a huge group having same problem that you are having so Nexon won't react to this any way. You would need like.... I don't know.. A reallllllyyy huge amount of player base in order for them to notice and do something about it. Even sending a ticket won't help since event doesn't exist anymore.

• TNinjaTNinja
    He's probably just baffled that you guys are just accepting it. I'm not baffled, because I know this community is pretty used to things not working and just let them get away with it.

I mean, it's true. It's a repeating event.
    Morold
  • RitsujinRitsujin
    Mabinogi Rep: 335
    Siigh.

Lost all my points on all my characters. About 2000 x 8.

Of course I assumed they extended the event when I saw the Monthly category push out from 28 days to 35.

There's a couple of things to say here.

You always want to wait until the last day to spend your points. Otherwise you just earn more points, and then you have to go and spend them again.

I assume they pushed the monthly from 28 days to 35 for what? so people could get their Monthly attendance? (25 day log-ins).. which is worth 300 points.
    So I earned them, but now I've lost far more than that.
    So why extend the 28 to 35? Why not just leave it at 28?
    I would have preferred the non-confusion of knowing i only had 28 days. I would've spent my points before that. Urgh.
    Morold
  • TNinjaTNinja
    The day counter was extended? Well that is even more stupid and brings in more questions.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I'm not defending Nexon nor blaming anyone but I just want to say the announcement for the mission point event did said it is until 20 December only. I thought it extended for a day and spent all my mission points 1 day earlier but turns out I got confused because of the time zone difference. All in all the event did follow the end date in the announcement.
  • nick022nick022
    All I can recommend is that people who got screwed like me, submit a ticket about it to show how many of us there are. They still had confliction between the announced date on the mabi page and the in game monthly timer, and it wasn't even officially cleared up on the page. You would have to dig in the forums to find that out, to find this post, and even then it was only 2 days before it ended. At this point I can only hope for the best.
    CnajJodhiMorold
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    edited December 22, 2016
    Why is it over I remember last night the mission event said we had 6 days left wth Nexon I didn't even get to spend my points.............................

Also, I remember when I asked when the event was going to end and a mod said it was Dec. 31st what gives.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

The day counter was extended? Well that is even more stupid and brings in more questions.
    Yeah, I thought the OP had mentioned this right at the start: the monthly day counter on the event dialog was extended by a whole week. My brother (who also didn't use his points last night) was even going "This event should have ended this week" because he was tired of running it for a whole month on his ton of toons. And surprise surprise, it did XD

Maybe if anyone had a screenie of the wrongly extended monthly deadline, we might convince Nexon to look into it. Sadly, I myself don't have one.

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Lucard
    Lucard said:

Why is it over I remember last night the mission event said we had 6 days left wth Nexon I didn't even get to spend my points.............................
    Always a good idea to go by what the actual announcement says, and to just regard any other information as false.
    Greta
  • thejokerlaughsatyouthejokerlaughsatyou
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    Welp. Didn't realize the in-game calendar was wrong, and never thought to check the website to confirm that the info in-game was wrong... so there go my 5K points. :/ Yay. Best event ever.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Unfortunate this happens again to so many players like last year. I lost points last year due to inconsistency in dates and sent a ticket but got told I could not get points back and could not get given the item I intended to buy either. Was upset but I eventually accepted it. It's just the sad reality. All you can do is be super careful for any future events and make sure to check forums and ask questions if not sure about things. Also hope that Nexon can be more thorough with information about the state of future events.
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

It might be my memory playing tricks, but didn't something vaguely similar happen last time the event was ending?
    Yea, something similar did happen last time. I lost around 7k points last time and so that's why this year I was SUPER careful and cashed points a day early.
    Ritsujin
    Ritsujin said:

I assume they pushed the monthly from 28 days to 35 for what? so people could get their Monthly attendance? (25 day log-ins).. which is worth 300 points.
    So I earned them, but now I've lost far more than that.
    So why extend the 28 to 35? Why not just leave it at 28?
    I would have preferred the non-confusion of knowing i only had 28 days. I would've spent my points before that. Urgh.
    On the last day of each week/month the counter on the Mission Points window reads "0 days" and apparently during last year's event, when the monthly tab hit 0 days that caused the entire interface to become greyed out so players couldn't cash their points even though the event was supposed to still be active.
    Someone said in another post that this weird extension on the monthly days only was to stop the interface greying out again this time so we could cash points right up until the event finished. The event did not officially get extended or anything this year and so if you went by the announcement date 20th Dec you would have been safe. I asked about this in Help forum so anyone who had read Help would have seen it but many people do not read forums at all let alone reading them in-depth.
    Lucard
    Lucard said:

Also, I remember when I asked when the event was going to end and a mod said it was Dec. 31st what gives.
    CM Sabina said it would end 7am 21st Dec PST so that's 7 hours after the date on the announcement o-o; idek why they don't just write the exact date and hour events are going to end on each announcement, it would save so much trouble.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Un. Reliable.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited December 22, 2016
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

Un. Reliable.
    You expected something else?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Today my friend and I noticed the point mission disappeared, despite it saying it had like a week left.
    Ugh -.-
    I mean, I already got what I wanted but for those who didn't..?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited December 22, 2016
    PlatinaKoki

TNinja
    TNinja said:

Un. Reliable.
    You expected something else?
    Yeah. I mean, I like to believe in game developers, but I'm always dissappointed. Every time.
    Except for Love Live, but that's an app game. Conpensating for the smallest fault they ever do.

If I were a developer, I would at least keep up people's exspectations. Like, edit the goddamn day counter and website would be a start.
    Morold
  • nick022nick022
    I am beyond extremely disappointed. If they don't do something about this, they're going to lose a chunk of player base. I myself will be stepping away from the game after this ordeal. The motivation to play has been completely destroyed. All that is left for me is some music stuff, but even that won't keep me around much longer. Good luck, Nexon.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited December 22, 2016
    nick022
    nick022 said:

I am beyond extremely disappointed. If they don't do something about this, they're going to lose a chunk of player base. I myself will be stepping away from the game after this ordeal. The motivation to play has been completely destroyed. All that is left for me is some music stuff, but even that won't keep me around much longer. Good luck, Nexon.
    3-4 people getting salty and saying 'im qutting' isn't going to the player base at all. You honestly think a chunk of people are going to quit? That's not going to happen. Not with Music Q going on, another revamp coming out AND the new quest line that got released today in KR. Not happening any time soon over a little event.