Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Gachapon...

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    randomized rewards is how gacha works in the first place though, since it's a voluntary gamble. but I absolutely agree the rates should be better. now it's mostly a few players pulling something good on their first (and sometimes only) gach, while most buy at least 2 stacks and get nothing. and the coin system in and of itself is good, since it guarantees something worthwhile, but it could indeed have been pulled of a lot better

Filler rewards shouldn't be the exact same stuff that was filler in the past five gachas. It's gotten extremely stale.
    Broochbadnewsbarrettnevyn25SylviaWolfepawcalypseArjuneZeoTairiku
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    can't disagree with you on that. it's one of the reasons I'm skipping this gach (aside from the terrible drop rates and useless coins of course)
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Edit:
    Oh my god, that article he cited was over 5 years old. Complete gachapon was already illegal for over 5 years; right after the npc coins were around. Its been five years and nothing happened. Good job watercat0, you got us good.

wait so lets break this down, the only reason japan is getting almost no bad gotcha is because of that law, which over the years we never knew until now, when i read this news post from reddit (it was front page). over the past year we been complaining about why japan always gets the best anime stuff and the best gotcha stuff and over the years we never once understood why. now we do understand!

US/EU were the milk cows in the mabinogi farmville. all this this congress/lawmakers never once past a law to stop complete gocha in gaming because in 2010-2012 it wasn't that popular or newsworthy. after like 5 years in fighting digital laws Valve become an example of laws and internet gaming in US showing that laws do exist for a reason. However it become worst because we all know how bad it become in gaming when many other companies try to crew us over. Nexon was no better, they used old tricks to get us to spend more money knowing it will work every time.

ALL THIS TIME, IT WAS EVERYONE IN US/EU FAULT. WE ALL ARE TO BLAME!!!!!!
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 24, 2017
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Edit:
    Oh my god, that article he cited was over 5 years old. Complete gachapon was already illegal for over 5 years; right after the npc coins were around. Its been five years and nothing happened. Good job watercat0, you got us good.

wait so lets break this down, the only reason japan is getting almost no bad gotcha is because of that law, which over the years we never knew until now, when i read this news post from reddit (it was front page). over the past year we been complaining about why japan always gets the best anime stuff and the best gotcha stuff and over the years we never once understood why. now we do understand!

US/EU were the milk cows in the mabinogi farmville. all this this congress/lawmakers never once past a law to stop complete gocha in gaming because in 2010-2012 it wasn't that popular or newsworthy. after like 5 years in fighting digital laws Valve become an example of laws and internet gaming in US showing that laws do exist for a reason. However it become worst because we all know how bad it become in gaming when many other companies try to crew us over. Nexon was no better, they used old tricks to get us to spend more money knowing it will work every time.

ALL THIS TIME, IT WAS EVERYONE IN US/EU FAULT. WE ALL ARE TO BLAME!!!!!!

My friend...

1256519926211.jpg

It's outdated and irrelevant outside of JP.

• watercat0watercat0
    Rhey wrote: »

My friend...

It's outdated and irrelevant outside of JP.

Every last one of us is to blame for allowing Nexon to do this to everyone outside the KR and JP lands. Sure we were only kids a few years a ago and sure Nexon did put measures to keep this well hidden. It will never be irrelevant that we help cause this from the very beginning to today.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Seeing people reply to watercat is just painful.

He's an old school troll, y'all.
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Do any of the new wings flap or are they all static?
    I'm seeing conflicted reports on this, and I'd really like to know for sure...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 25, 2017
    Sure we were only kids a few years a ago

And you are a still kid.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Emeris wrote: »

They do flap, thankfully. :)
  • GretaGreta
    Zeo wrote: »

Even the large ones? :o
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Greta wrote: »

The inferno starlight ceremony wings i got do flap
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    ROan2011 wrote: »

The inferno starlight ceremony wings i got do flap

If you read this incorrectly - get your mind out the gutter.
    I want more tails, anyway.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 25, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »

Filler rewards shouldn't be the exact same stuff that was filler in the past five gachas. It's gotten extremely stale.

EXACTLY! I've been saying this since 2-3 gachas ago .... especially about the training pots. They are literally KILLING the price of training pots and making it feel like it was a waste of time for everyone who actually trained their tedious skills like gunner and ninja. why train your skills guys? just BUY them. literally for cheap too

A while back they were passing out movement speed potions too much and there was complaints and they stopped.... but they still keep bringing back the training pots. at this point I wouldn't mind seeing movement speed pots again if they came in stacks of like 5-10 and weren't stupidly common like every 5 gachas you get one. The training pots though.... they need to stop. you can buy enough pots for certain skills to train it from rank F to 1 for like 2 mil or less if you wanted at this point. the ENTIRE SKILL, all ranks! that's pathetic

Radiant DawnZeo
  • watercat0watercat0
    Sebastian wrote: »

not now, if we dont stand up and force nexon to quit the bad gocha you'll only get more bad gotcha.

#standuptonexon
  • GretaGreta

not now, if we dont stand up and force nexon to quit the bad gocha you'll only get more bad gotcha.

#standuptonexon

#nooneusehashtagsanymore
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    #nooneusehashtagsanymore

You do realize you're only feeding him, right? You're actively extending his stay. Just stop.
  • GretaGreta
    #nooneusehashtagsanymore

You do realize you're only feeding him, right? You're actively extending his stay. Just stop.

Okay i'll stop. Sorry. I should have realized that watercat0 is that type of guy who never changes their mind and will never listen to others. Sigh.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Arjune wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »

EXACTLY! I've been saying this since 2-3 gachas ago .... especially about the training pots. They are literally KILLING the price of training pots and making it feel like it was a waste of time for everyone who actually trained their tedious skills like gunner and ninja. why train your skills guys? just BUY them. literally for cheap too

A while back they were passing out movement speed potions too much and there was complaints and they stopped.... but they still keep bringing back the training pots. at this point I wouldn't mind seeing movement speed pots again if they came in stacks of like 5-10 and weren't stupidly common like every 5 gachas you get one. The training pots though.... they need to stop. you can buy enough pots for certain skills to train it from rank F to 1 for like 2 mil or less if you wanted at this point. the ENTIRE SKILL, all ranks! that's pathetic

i agree with the fact the having the same filler items over and over is not needed heck filler items are not really needed at all with how the rates have been lately.
    Also the whole i trained my skills the hard way so everyone has to mentality is asinine you train the skills the hard way they used pots different method same result not everyone wants to spam smokescreen for hours on end to get that 0.01 exp every hour plus there isn't a pot of every skill in the game so i don't see the problem here plus ninja pots are nice until we get/if we get that kr ninja update.

badnewsbarrett
  • watercat0watercat0
    guys you can hate me for whatever sick reason you think but we all agree that nexon is milking everyone in NA/EU and will you allow it to continue? are you crazy or are you doing to do something about it.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    guys you can hate me for whatever sick reason you think but we all agree that nexon is milking everyone in NA/EU and will you allow it to continue? are you crazy or are you doing to do something about it.

We will keep allowing them to continue. It is their game, the only way to get anything is to get milked and by chance get whatever form of satisfaction that can be achieved through gambling - trial and error of gachapon.