Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Whiny rant about dumb filler rewards (Gems)

GiegueGiegue
Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
edited June 26, 2017 in General Chat
Oh boy its another one of these threads.
So we all know the wolf dodge event, its pretty fun, pretty challenging. I think its a genuinely good event.
But so far for every day I've done the event I've got nothing but gems in my reward boxes, when I would much rather have the transformation medals that I'll not be able to get once this event ends.

Hello, resident transformation addict here.
Being that the colour of the sheep you get is random, adding to how rare they apparently are (or how unlucky I apparently am), theres a slim to none chance of anyone getting all of those sheep medals in the next 10 days. Yes that's right, this event was only 14 days long to get all 9 Transformation Medals for the sheep, with one attempt per day and no more!

I work my tushy off trying to collect every Monster and NPC transformation and this event is a kick in the gut because I'm not even getting duplicate medals, I'm just getting Gems.
At the very least i would have liked a way to guarantee those Sheep Medals :( Like maybe as a reward for getting 2 minutes, besides the title and bugel...
  1. How would you handle this situation, if you had the power too?43 votes
    1. It's fine the way it is.
       9% (4 votes)
    2. Take out the Gems and Statues! No one wants those as rewards for an event.
       30% (13 votes)
    3. The event is too short for this amount of RNG. Extend it.
       7% (3 votes)
    4. The event's duration is fine, but once a day limit on rewards is kinda lame.
       21% (9 votes)
    5. Offer the medals as a reward for doing well in the bonus game! More incentive to play!
       23% (10 votes)
    6. None of the above. Share your opinion.
       2% (1 vote)
    7. I don't even like this event or the rewards, I just like boasting my opinion on these whiny threads.
       7% (3 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I agree. So far i only got gems and one statue, but no transformations... :/
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Given that you can only get ONE gift box per day, I'd definitely prefer if the gift boxes only had the transformation medals.

Get rid of the Gems, the Exploration Artifacts, and the Bugles.

And on the note of getting rid of the bugles, you can just plop them as a reward for dodging wolves.
    (Gibberish for < 1 minute and Liar for > 1 minute.)

That and I wouldn't have minded if the wolf-dodging gave out gift boxes, too.
    SylviaWolfe
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sheep Transformations for doing well on the wolves! Make them tradeable!
    SylviaWolfe
  • GiegueGiegue
    Sheep Transformations for doing well on the wolves! Make them tradeable!

They are tradable! I bought one earlier from a lovely player. The issue is they're so rare that anyone who gets one will likely use it for themselves.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Wait..there are things OTHER than 5cm non-diamond gems in those boxes?
    WolfandWolf
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    What's free is free. I think the prizes could have been handled better, but I'm not going to throw a fit over not being able to turn into a funny-colored sheep.

Though I'm kinda running out of things to say on these bugles.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    The event should be spammable so that we can get more than one box a day.

I got a bugle on the first day and gems every day afterwards when I was hoping for the trans medal but today when I was absent-mindedly opening the box, I got the trans medal. It really is reverse psychology lol Now the problem is to find the price for this medal...
    badnewsbarrett
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    In my word, I would give a random transformation medal per daily finish. ' w'
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Honestly they did good with this event. It ties well with the CURRENT events we have running right now. Right now we have a daily ap event, A useful item afk event, and the wolf event. I've seen people complaining that they would have rather have useful items and an ap event rather than this event... It like they forgot about all the other events currently running right now. I only wished that sheep medals were 100% chance to get per day cause its really dumb the way they have it set up. They should've made the sheep medals maybe even a daily quest like the constellation medals. For each day you did the event you got a different medal than the last.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    My friend and I have got nothing but gems. That should be enough to explain what we think. T_T
    Stupid RNG, as always.
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    I think the statues are a neat reward, not something I see all the time. that being said it seems like most people will only be able to get maybe a few of the transformations if they're lucky which would suck if that something you really want.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I'd rather get Gems(Along with Potions) from fishing events to be completely honest.
    Getting them from other events like this one is pretty much a kick to the face.
    GretaRaishiiGiegue
  • FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    edited June 27, 2017
    As a man who only plays this game for trans, I am appalled by the fact that I have received nothing but 2 emeralds, 2 spinels, a topaz and a ruby from the boxes.
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    I really want to do the event, because it looks fun, but with the way the rewards are set up for gems I'm not wasting my time with it. I'm so tired of these events where you only get potions or gems while you can sit and watch all of your friends get the items on their first few pulls.

(Still angry about the Carasek bag event. Opened over 400 boxes, and got nothing but garbage while all of my friends but maybe 2 got the bag in their first 10 pulls.)

So now I've just resigned myself to not wasting time on events that have junk in them, because you could waste hours to days trying to get something, and never see it.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    hontoowari wrote: »
    I really want to do the event, because it looks fun, but with the way the rewards are set up for gems I'm not wasting my time with it. I'm so tired of these events where you only get potions or gems while you can sit and watch all of your friends get the items on their first few pulls.
    The real reward is the training seal.

.....unless you already capped all skills of course.
  • GiegueGiegue
    edited June 28, 2017
    I am someone who also plays this game mostly for the transformation nowadays (though also working on capping all skills on my main so the skill seals are kinda nice) two days later, still only gems...
    This is a little disheartening. I hope they re-release the sheep medals in the near future so we can actually collect them all.

Edit:
    DAY 7
    STILL NO SHEEPO
    leLU31K.png