Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

after all that spam by Javy below, is there a way

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Town Square
to report with out opening the topic?

i can tell its spam just by fact theres 8 threads that all look to say the exact same thing

im going to assume if translated its going to have some kinda gold selling website

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    horse racing hype actually
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    edited July 12, 2017
    I'm in the Mabinogi Alliance discord server. There have been a few instances where someone @s me in there when this spam pops up. Anyone in that server who doesn't want to report the threads can @ me if I'm online and I'll remove the spam. I go by my main's IGN, Ryudo.
    RheySplatulated[Deleted User]ZeobadnewsbarrettAtaraxiz
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You only have to report one, really. I assume the mods are competent enough to check the forums for more spam if at least one thread is reported as such.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    then what is the use of report button if mods aren't going to respond without someone reporting in discord first. what is nexon is doing with you guess, is this even allow by nexon.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    watercat0 wrote: »
    then what is the use of report button if mods aren't going to respond without someone reporting in discord first. what is nexon is doing with you guess, is this even allow by nexon.

You can still report on the forums. However, tagging us on discord is a pretty direct way to get our attention. I mean, you can't expect us to be staring at the forums 24/7 ya know? If there's an attack and we're not looking, it may go unnoticed awhile. So the discord thing is just to help alert us if we're not aware.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

You can still report on the forums. However, tagging us on discord is a pretty direct way to get our attention. I mean, you can't expect us to be staring at the forums 24/7 ya know? If there's an attack and we're not looking, it may go unnoticed awhile. So the discord thing is just to help alert us if we're not aware.

What other way is there to alert? Like if none of you are on discord either?
    edited July 14, 2017

@MissFortune new spam in story discussion section and fan creations.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

If you @ mention someone on Discord they'll have a notification that appears when they open the program again. You'd just need to wait for them to open/tab into Discord again.

Using spam to remove spam is pretty counter productive, in my opinion.
    MissFortune
    Buffalos wrote: »

If you @ mention someone on Discord they'll have a notification that appears when they open the program again. You'd just need to wait for them to open/tab into Discord again.

Using spam to remove spam is pretty counter productive, in my opinion.

One additional post is spam?
  • BuffalosBuffalos

Oh I thought you were suggesting to spam here on forums to get their attention. Didn't realize there were more threads made. THIS IS WHY I SHOULDN'T LOG INTO HERE AT 11 PM.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    edited July 15, 2017
    @Morbious17
    Can I get a link to this discord? Ive had problems several times on the forums and would like to be directly in contact with the VFMs.
    Buffalos wrote: »

Oh I thought you were suggesting to spam here on forums to get their attention. Didn't realize there were more threads made. THIS IS WHY I SHOULDN'T LOG INTO HERE AT 11 PM.

Oh, yeah. after I made that first post. I went back to the main forum page and saw that bunch of spam threads appear, so I made a 2nd post.
    Probably wasn't effective though. But I haven't joined the mabi discord chat either. Nor do I have discord on my work computer which I was using at the time. Because when there's not much to do at work, why not check out the mabi forums?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    @Morbious17
    Can I get a link to this discord? Ive had problems several times on the forums and would like to be directly in contact with the VFMs.

https://discord.gg/YV3vKnm
    I would call the server more of a community mingling hub than a direct connection to VFMs, but there's the link for ya. (should be active anyway)
    Oh, yeah. after I made that first post. I went back to the main forum page and saw that bunch of spam threads appear, so I made a 2nd post.
    Probably wasn't effective though. But I haven't joined the mabi discord chat either. Nor do I have discord on my work computer which I was using at the time. Because when there's not much to do at work, why not check out the mabi forums?

I've low key done the same. The elf threads are just too addicting, man.