Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fixtures on a lot of items in general new or not

haegolhaegol
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
in General Chat
From my view and other players who have either seen or experienced this themselves on how items that can be brand new and released turn out the most ridiculous prices to where you wont ever see the item anywhere in personal shops or housing, but when you do it is majority 90% of the time the 9,999,999. Yes I know there are those of you who say "Well why dont you ask the person how much they want for it" yes you can note the player at the same time end results turn out:
-Theyre supposedly afk all the time in game
-When you place prices that you want to buy it at they will so "Sorry thats not wat im looking for" (since they are fully expecting way higher)
Even i might do the 2nd one stated but that only depends on what item at the most i try my hardest not to be so picky. Another is even though it might sound repetitive is how for example such as the brand new coupons that were released not too long ago such as Retro Waves (F) coupon I am already seeing amounts to where coupons like that or new like that one being on sale for way too much as though over 100m (just saying a random price set example) and possibly those from when they were 1st released previously the romantic half up do I know with a coupon like that you dont even see nowhere and those who are looking for something here and there yes i know it is just released but it makes no sense how with either new or old items would cost as such ridiculous prices that makes it seem how not even 1 player could even purchase it.
Tons of ridiculous prices like these from my view and my opinion should start being limited like they do with the shop licenses in the game it doesnt even matter on which server has too high of whatever prices or items since all prices should be limited to an extent and not all these prices where it would be over 100m+ and so on.

Comments

• CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    First off, the 9,999,999 usually means offer. However since anything under 5m can be purchased directly from housing, you should assume that anything listed as offer someone would want more than 5m for, otherwise why go through the trouble of making a direct trade?

As for the pricing itself, that's largely due to the atrocious drop rate of gacha, not just people being greedy. It stinks but even at 100m, depending on the NX:$ of 5m:$10 that's roughly $200. If someone is willing to pay that much for an item, good for them. If not, the seller will have to lower the price until someone is willing to buy it. That's how marketing works. So it's mostly people trying to make their money back. I think that NA doesn't account for the fact that they have a fraction of the playerbase Korea does. So the rare items in Korea are next to non-existent here. It's definitely a major problem, and as a result of gachas getting worse and worse less people are doing them and instead either trading gold for money directly to buy what they want (which is against ToS) or buying reliable items to sell like protection potions or reforges. This creates a cycle of less gacha being purchased -> less items on the market -> higher demand -> higher price. It's basic economy. Simply trying to cap a gold limit won't work. It'll just make people feel like gacha is even less worth their money. They need to release items at a better rate so that people can realistically get the rare items. There are some items that are so rare they don't even have a rarity rating in the dressing room, even from events. It's discouraging and turning more and more people away from financially supporting mabi.
    badnewsbarrettArjuneImaizumiGoldtiger01TheNyanCatAell
  • haegolhaegol
    It is understandable to make certain amount of mabi items worth a price even though people do the 9,999,999 offer as you said there have been many to an extent to where large amount of people would have it at possibly prices that no one would want them at or when they purchase it from that seller then there are few who would decide to trick or say at last minute (i know its not possibly trick but im just saying) how we were supposed to buy it at this price yet they have it set for a different price at the one we had now just purchased it at when i either buy or sell items i would always want to do it either trading another item(s) that is worth trading with or they buy with gold it is less of a headache and less stress at that...oh guess i made it look as that on the greedy end hahahahhahaa my bad XD i guess on how with most to where you know either you know you can and just dont want to use your actual money at the moment since you are waiting on something else that might be possibly better or feel like you just wasted a ton within the gachas (I know since 1 person i know from a certain Gachapons he got literally nothing from what you are possibly supposed to get from the gachapon and i wouldnt blame him for being upset at that) I guess it seems most of a headache when you could try as hard into gaining as much of whatever you would want to purchase whatever item that it may be and it would seem you either dont have enough or it is no longer there I cant really say much on the it changes since changes within that happens a lot so all i can do for the changing wise is only give a shrug to that but they do need to give out more about reforges and protection etc as you said yes it would be better if they did better rate it than of it feeling "rigged" towards many
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 24, 2017
    housing can only price up to 9,999,999 .... that usually means if someone prices it at 5 mil or 6 mil or 7 mil etc that's exactly what they want for it. If they price it at 9,999,999 then they likely want an offer over 10 mil (or just offers in general if they don't know the price), but they can only price it that high. anything over 5 mil has to be bought through checks though since the house can only hold 5 mil (which needs revamped badly).

Carlize pretty much summed up the rest :/ We need better gacha rates....even event rates are bad. That Deian sheep event was ridiculous and they didn't even consider revamping it or extending it even though many people complained about not getting the transformation medals
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Arjune wrote: »
    That Deian sheep event was ridiculous and they didn't even consider revamping it or extending it even though many people complained about not getting the transformation medals

Pretty much.

__eZT6.gif
  • haegolhaegol
    Arjune the diean event it was really that bad???? certain events in mabi i wouldve done at the same time it was one of those where im like forget it i guess it was yes i know it was a 1 day thing gotta wait til tomorrow (Dealt with that enough from a different KR game hooohooo drove me nuts) but yeah certain ones either drop rate or how much u had to get just to get that 1 item you want the most is fustrating
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 26, 2017
    haegol wrote: »
    Arjune the diean event it was really that bad???? certain events in mabi i wouldve done at the same time it was one of those where im like forget it i guess it was yes i know it was a 1 day thing gotta wait til tomorrow (Dealt with that enough from a different KR game hooohooo drove me nuts) but yeah certain ones either drop rate or how much u had to get just to get that 1 item you want the most is fustrating

yeah the event had really bad droprates and you had to pick a main character so you only got 1 gift box a day. Those sheep transformation medals cost like 2-4 mil per medal on my server. Usually events are pretty balanced but they have been getting worse lately. and they've been forcing people to play on a main character only more often.... so everyone who bought extra characters have less and less things to do with them, and less and less reasons for newer players to buy extra characters. Do they not want that extra money? Guess not. Next thing we know the bandit hideout treasure event will be "pick main character" and at that point I will officially consider events dead/ruined

TheNyanCat
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Usually events are pretty balanced but they have been getting worse lately.

Even "lately" feels a bit kind. I know Ruairi has a smaller playerbase but we've been having trouble for over a year now. I don't know if zero stars in the dressing room means none have been pulled or only like 1 or 2, but the Blue Cutiefly Wings from back during the 8th anniversary don't have a rating, then during the MusicQ concert the glow sticks are either 5 star or zero stars. Which isn't surprising considering we were barely able to get the event to go off since we rarely had 20 people in Festia (it didn't help that people couldn't enter festia with a shop up, not sure if that's still the case) and now Deian. This isn't even going into gachas, as some wings from Memory Gacha, Wing Gacha, and Carmen's performance all have zero stars. It really stinks because I know so many people who've quit because they were just too discouraged.

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    edited July 26, 2017
    Next thing we know the bandit hideout treasure event will be "pick main character" and at that point I will officially consider events dead/ruined

I would die on the inside if the next treasure event went on like that, as abusable as it is the treasure event is still one of the best events in the game.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 26, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Next thing we know the bandit hideout treasure event will be "pick main character" and at that point I will officially consider events dead/ruined

I would die on the inside if the next treasure event went on like that, as abusable as it is the treasure event is still one of the best events in the game.

It's the only event where dreams come true.

19900253.gif
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited July 26, 2017
    Carlize wrote: »
    Usually events are pretty balanced but they have been getting worse lately.

Even "lately" feels a bit kind. I know Ruairi has a smaller playerbase but we've been having trouble for over a year now. I don't know if zero stars in the dressing room means none have been pulled or only like 1 or 2, but the Blue Cutiefly Wings from back during the 8th anniversary don't have a rating, then during the MusicQ concert the glow sticks are either 5 star or zero stars. Which isn't surprising considering we were barely able to get the event to go off since we rarely had 20 people in Festia (it didn't help that people couldn't enter festia with a shop up, not sure if that's still the case) and now Deian. This isn't even going into gachas, as some wings from Memory Gacha, Wing Gacha, and Carmen's performance all have zero stars. It really stinks because I know so many people who've quit because they were just too discouraged.

That MusicQ event was god awful in Festia it was purely designed for Korea which has like 10000 players per server on at all times not our minuscule amount. After the 2nd day I game up as even during prime time on mari on our most populated channel most times there were like 12 ppl there only. I think I only got to actually do the cheer 2X