Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So, New Forum. New Threads.

Comments

• ちょびっツちょびっツ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I do like how the forums look, but maybe a option for dark background would be nice, the white brings to much attention to my pc at work :v ohohoh~
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    MissFortune

Though it should just belong in town square, don't mind the movement much. Getting my sea legs with the new forums.

Also, about the avatars
    please read the forum features walkthrough

custom avatars are being worked on.
    oh that's good to hear.
  • lethalviruslethalvirus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,720
    That new user called Julie only has 1 post, must be an alt, kelpsoda's alt.
    Crimsọn
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    edited December 15, 2016
    SinsAndFalseAlarms

This looks like a huge step down, did I fall into a forum made by an amateur web designer in the 90s?

The old forums were soft, easy on the eyes. They were ON the main site, not with some black text in the top of the screen that just links you to the official site. I could go straight from the forums to the shop and back and it was easy. The text colors and whatnot fit with the color scheme of Mabinogi's site, and BEING on the main site, it was abundantly clear. Bits of blue all around helped keep my eyes from jumping out of my skull at all the white, but the orange on this site is just aggravating.

The random colored devCat faces to depict who it is has replied is a little weird. You have to get used to arbitrary color choices for these roles but once you do it'd be fine, I guess. Text is in all caps randomly here for some..weird reason. I like being shouted at. Not really. So much white, because reasons. It's painful on the eyes.

It's a massive change from "soft corners, matching colors, and site accessibility" to "headache-inducing hospital white, sharp corners, and shouting text"

In short: I hate it, and will only use it once the old forums become kill.

One plus is the mobile site works just fine. Good job on that.
    Quoting seems like a plus now though. Although I miss the link where Forums > General/subforum > thread topic link at the top left. Its weird to navigate around now.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    andrewngn13

SinsAndFalseAlarms

This looks like a huge step down, did I fall into a forum made by an amateur web designer in the 90s?

The old forums were soft, easy on the eyes. They were ON the main site, not with some black text in the top of the screen that just links you to the official site. I could go straight from the forums to the shop and back and it was easy. The text colors and whatnot fit with the color scheme of Mabinogi's site, and BEING on the main site, it was abundantly clear. Bits of blue all around helped keep my eyes from jumping out of my skull at all the white, but the orange on this site is just aggravating.

The random colored devCat faces to depict who it is has replied is a little weird. You have to get used to arbitrary color choices for these roles but once you do it'd be fine, I guess. Text is in all caps randomly here for some..weird reason. I like being shouted at. Not really. So much white, because reasons. It's painful on the eyes.

It's a massive change from "soft corners, matching colors, and site accessibility" to "headache-inducing hospital white, sharp corners, and shouting text"

In short: I hate it, and will only use it once the old forums become kill.

One plus is the mobile site works just fine. Good job on that.
    Quoting seems like a plus now though.
    It most certainly has better features, it's just not as nice art direction.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Hehe it's going to take a little while to get used to this.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    TheNyanCat

Aaaaand it's maple all over again.
    I mean, we were due to follow them at some point: we were the last game to not have updated forums from what I can tell. This system is a lot more up-to-date than what we had before, so I like it already.
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    lethalvirus

But does the alt have a blue bow?
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    lethalvirus

• PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited December 15, 2016
    i still cant link my main character and i think we dont have customizable game cards where we can show things we want, like progress, skills, generations done, stuff like that... and i cant find the navigation bar, i mean i can see it but is not showing the topic i am on right now.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Do not want.

Oh well. At least it let me get rid of the stupid numbers in my username.
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I hope everyone can make Town Square a welcoming place for all! :D
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325

I hope everyone can make Town Square a welcoming place for all! :D
    Burn the heretic in the... town square!

All joking aside Wish they would at least have a box around quotes like the old one(and every forum I use) as kinda weird the tabbed in with a avatar pic before the quote
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

TheNyanCat

I mean, we were due to follow them at some point: we were the last game to not have updated forums from what I can tell. This system is a lot more up-to-date than what we had before, so I like it already.
    I was never a fan of the new forum when it came to maple, pretty sure it's just me being stubborn and not accepting change but I think for a decent reason. The old format was just fine and easier to read and look at in my eyes, the only technical issue the old forums had was that pages weren't loading most of the time or at least not on chrome. New font just looks weird and I'm not used to it.

I just hope they implement custom avatars soon.
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    edited December 15, 2016
    They did say custom avatars are coming soon. I'm not too aversed to my current one though.

*edit auto parsing youtube videos though, not sure about other sites
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    GMNkeona said:

I WANT A PINK FONT WTH D:
    You can have it! I declare this as my color.

• FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I miss my trippy, crazy LSD kitty.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    TheNyanCat

Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

TheNyanCat

I was never a fan of the new forum when it came to maple, pretty sure it's just me being stubborn and not accepting change but I think for a decent reason. The old format was just fine and easier to read and look at in my eyes, the only technical issue the old forums had was that pages weren't loading most of the time or at least not on chrome. New font just looks weird and I'm not used to it.

I just hope they implement custom avatars soon.
    Visual design wise the old forums were perfectly fine. It just had very buggy coding that they could have put effort into fixing.

I don't know what to feel anymore tho. I felt the same thing back in 2011 when we switched forums for the first time. Those forums were buggy too, with fun HTML exploits.

For now, I can say this forum hurts my eyes to read.
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    We should be getting custom avatars soon.
    FweepClovis15
  • FrustrateFrustrate
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I so agree with you, TNinja. I'm used to the old layout of the threads.