Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Small touchy topic

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 49,965
    I think all items should be directly purchasable. Nuff said.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    The gachas would most likely have fairer rates and less junk if people started speaking with their wallets. They show you a list of the junk that you will more than likely get, yet people will still drop money just to see what they get, then proceed to complain about getting nothing but junk. If people really want them to be less crappy, then they should stop spending money on the gachas.
    badnewsbarrettShouKGreta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Raishii wrote: »
    The gachas would most likely have fairer rates and less junk if people started speaking with their wallets. They show you a list of the junk that you will more than likely get, yet people will still drop money just to see what they get, then proceed to complain about getting nothing but junk. If people really want them to be less crappy, then they should stop spending money on the gachas.

But the whales dude. :(
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Gaea wrote: »

Isn't there a $150 limit on how much NX you can buy? $150 isn't really whale worthy. Unless there are ways around that limit I don't know about and people drop like $500 on gachas every 2 weeks. Now that would be a whale.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215

Isn't there a $150 limit on how much NX you can buy? $150 isn't really whale worthy. Unless there are ways around that limit I don't know about and people drop like $500 on gachas every 2 weeks. Now that would be a whale.

I think that limit only applies if you're buying NX using Paypal.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    Ever thought that
    Thats why nexon look desperate ?

People do leave
    Alexina lost more than 50% of the player base compare to 2013.
    That mean even the paying player.
    When their sales is down their answer is not we will fix the game nor we will listen to what the player base want.
    Instead their answer is

Pumping out more gacha! We will shorten up from one month to every two week alternatively. So there is something new to sell in the cash shop every week with poopy filler and rates!

And no worries! we will add low quality event as often as the gacha to numb the player base down and hopefully trick them to buy more gachas!

Honestly I don't support that kind of business practice and its reflected in my monetization support to the game.

(But why are we talking about this in the first place ?)
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Ever thought that
    And no worries! we will add low quality event as often as the gacha to numb the player base down and hopefully trick them to buy more gachas!

Honestly I don't support that kind of business practice and its reflected in my monetization support to the game.

I'm actually surprised there's no new gacha that included rebirth potions or leveling potions to complement the Giant Grind Rush leveling event that's taking place.
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    edited August 8, 2017

Pre-paid haz no cap. And it comes in various increments...5, 10, 25, 50, or 500. ;)

And yes whales exist. With pop as low as it is...who do u think is keeping the game alive???

510865886_1851907.gif

Whale-kun. Obvsly. :*

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Rhey wrote: »

Pre-paid haz no cap. And it comes in various increments...5, 10, 25, 50, or 500. ;)

And yes whales exist. With pop as low as it is...who do u think is keeping the game alive???

510865886_1851907.gif

It's the mary sue whale! XD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,320

510865886_1851907.gif

Whales do exist according to Carasek (with magnum shot keyword)
    "I've met some crewmembers of whale-hunting ships who would claim that they'd learned this skill.
    I think they said that they had to give up because they had run out of AP... Anyway, I do remember that they were powerful destroyers."
  • RheyRhey

510865886_1851907.gif

Whales do exist according to Carasek (with magnum shot keyword)
    "I've met some crewmembers of whale-hunting ships who would claim that they'd learned this skill.
    I think they said that they had to give up because they had run out of AP... Anyway, I do remember that they were powerful destroyers."

I never doubted em. :*
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,500
    But.. that's an orca... Orcas aren't whales, they are part of the Delphinidae (dolphin) family..
    Danievictriapurpley
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,320
    Sherri wrote: »
    But.. that's an orca... Orcas aren't whales, they are part of the Delphinidae (dolphin) family..

True statement.
  • RheyRhey
    edited August 9, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

Neither do they bling or have wings.

As long as it get the point across. whisper.gif

happy.gif No need 2 worry bout da small stuff.
    $500? Wow. I know I spend a little on the game but wow. Must be nice to have a budget that can take those sorts of hits.
    What do we call the smaller big spenders? Dolphins? Big Tunas?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Baby whales?
  • RheyRhey
    edited August 9, 2017
    $500? Wow. I know I spend a little on the game but wow. Must be nice to have a budget that can take those sorts of hits.

It's easy to do. Just get a job and dump ur paycheck into mabi? lel ;)

That's what most elite players do. They're not really rich folk only or anything.

It's easy to do. Just get a job and dump ur paycheck into mabi? lel ;)

That's what most elite players do. They're not really rich folk only or anything.

But Student Loans! And Rent! And Food! in that order. And I thought I spent a lot on Mabi.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,980
    edited August 10, 2017
    500$ is cute. Saw few players who have spend 1000$ and over on stuff like gacha. There recently was a thread about a guy who wasted 2000$ on packages just because they wanted these special so-called s7 upgrade stones and they still failed to get step 7 with them all...

Seriously if you dare to waste such amount of money on a gachas then i suggest you to give money for people in need instead. I need money for new stuff to get and also my boyfriend is in debt so i would really appreciate your money xD
  • CelinusCelinus
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    edited August 10, 2017
    The mabi community is mostly alright, it mirrors real world conditions pretty nicely. There's good people, bad people, weird people and dishonest lying cheating people. However speaking of negativity the forums are in my experience the main source of negativity on mabi.
    In these forums we have a variety of episodic series like:

1. "The mabi community is bad and so are you (Since you are part of said community and you just called everyone bad)"

2. "The server merge will happen when Half-Life 3 Releases"

3. "Bots are ruining everything lemme just go buy those cheap made in china reforges in belvo"

4. "Moders and haxorzz are ruining my bragging rights"

5. "The game is p2w i only buy Gacha for fashion"

^Disclaimer, this was made to look rather comical on purpose don't take it too seriously

each week we get a new episode of those (New thread) and we get to hear everyone repeat their opinion from before. It is however interesting to see how opinions change and develop overtime.

So Tl;dr the community is alright, if your current friends/people you know are not to your liking break contact and go meet new ones. (Or work out your problems)