Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Small touchy topic

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,580
    Rhey wrote: »
    $500? Wow. I know I spend a little on the game but wow. Must be nice to have a budget that can take those sorts of hits.
    What do we call the smaller big spenders? Dolphins? Big Tunas?

It's easy to do. Just get a job and dump ur paycheck into mabi? lel ;)

That's what most elite players do. They're not really rich folk only or anything.

But Student Loans! And Rent! And Food! in that order. And I thought I spent a lot on Mabi.

Student loans? I borrowed little, so I already paid that off
    Rent? Live at home with parents is the popular trend these days
    Food? Run your own garden/homestead
    pawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,580
    Greta wrote: »
    500$ is cute. Saw few players who have spend 1000$ and over on stuff like gacha. There recently was a thread about a guy who wasted 2000$ on packages just because they wanted these special so-called s7 upgrade stones and they still failed to get step 7 with them all...

Seriously if you dare to waste such amount of money on a gachas then i suggest you to give money for people in need instead. I need money for new stuff to get and also my boyfriend is in debt so i would really appreciate your money xD

It's not overdoing it until they spend over $9000 huehuehue
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    * $9001
    pawcalypse
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,345
    Liyeta wrote: »
    What do you think about the current in game mabi communty ?
    Very small, smaller than it was but at the end of the day we're still the same.
    What caused it to be like that ?
    The game itself, with the direction that it's headed in the population will continue to dwindle until there are major changes both in game and in how Nexon choses to milk us.
    Do you want it to change ?
    Yes, without change the game will continue to slow down in my mind.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    edited August 12, 2017
    Lets start a small discussion c:
    What couse it to be like that ?
    I think "Small Touchy Topic" is a bit of an understatement. The in-game community on the grander scale is perfectly fine; it's the people at the bottom of the hole we need to worry about. The people who control the bots, the people who keep the bots in business, and the hackers with way too much free time looking for the next new toys to take the servers offline. People like to blame Nexon for everything, and it's understandable if they are only getting one side of the story in any issue. Take for example the black tent hacks in 2010-11, when the game and the website was literally taken over for a short period of time (December 31st 2010), leaving a whole bunch of players without their characters for quite awhile. This was caused by the hacker community, but Nexon was the one who ate the dirt from the tons of people who did not have the patience to wait while they rush to find a fix for it. Yes, I know it took a long time to fix -- more than a year -- but that's what happens when you don't know why.
    Gaea wrote: »
    I'm generally nice to everyone in game, if a newb comes over and asks for help I will help them out with a run or two and answer questions they have. I leave my equips available for view so I don't get a ton of questions about what I am wearing. (Honestly I feel everyone should do that instead of leaving it some elitist secret. PVP IS DEAD).
    @Gaea ~ I don't want to scare you or seemingly spread "FUD" and I would like to think Nexon has fixed this in such a way it can never happen again, but I've also learned to never underestimate the hacker community (not just in this game, but the whole entirety of the internet). That said, I feel strongly compelled to inform you that a lot of us aren't hiding our equipment-view to be elitists, but instead preventing against the leading entry point of a previous hack. ~ This is also why a lot of us like to load skills before we go afk (to prevent against a forced player summon).

~ We have Black Tent PTSD.
    Greta
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,900
    Lets start a small discussion c:
    What couse it to be like that ?

What do you think about the current in game community?

I love the community. I have made so many good friends here over the last year and a half I've been around. These are some of the nicest, loving people I have seen in my life. Of course there are the toxic people or the plain crazy ones, but I wouldn't ever let them drag me away from these people I love. They have a much stronger hold on me than the punches those kinds of people are capable of throwing.

What caused it to be like that?

I'm the newer generation of Mabi, so I'm unsure, but from what I hear the game used to offer the sense of team work that still lives on today. Back in the day, people had to have help to get through a basic dungeon. Now, you still have people helping out, but it's much more easier today than it used to be. I think the sense of teamwork and kindness is what lead us to what we have today. Those influences are the ones that keep this game moving forward.

Do you want it to change?

I don't think I'd ever want the community to change because that could lead us down a darker road in the future. However, I think we should change our views of Nexon (I know some of you are going to give me the "Pfft" reaction. Hear me out.). If you noticed in the last stream, Saygo seemed a tad upset, he even admitted it at the end. This comes from the treatment the players give the GMs and Cams like it's their fault KR doesn't let us have what we want. In truth, this is partially our fault. If KR sees how negative we are towards their company about what is brought to the table, they're not going to want to give us what we want. There is also the money concept involved in this. NA just doesn't bring in a lot of money for the company, and KR won't give us anything we want if we're not guaranteed to buy it.

Solution?

Teamwork, like anything else. Get people to go to the streams, spend a little extra dough if you can. If you get something you don't want? Oh well, stop complaining. There is probably someone out there that wants it, you're just not trying hard enough to find it. Got an extra outfit? Give it to a noob, they obviously need it.

People buy out of their own self interest, as stated in Macroeconomics. What if our interest is helping others, which will help the population prove to KR that it's worth spending more money to give us the content and events?

I know this topic is highly debatable. This thread is not meant for that so let's agree to keep opinions as opinions and not derail this thread. I was just putting it out there :3
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,900
    I'm on Tarlach, and people in-game are generally really nice in my experience. You do have a few annoying or immature players on occasion (or people who run up and windmill the foxes you've been herding to train Sakura Abyss while you are actively charging the skill and they can darn well see that that is your prey and you're getting ready to unleash your attack, but they think they have every right to steal the kill you've been waiting five torturous minutes to execute from you anyway...Don't kill-thieve on people training in the field, folks. That's rude. Especially when they're training a skill with a long-oars cooldown time and multi-hit training requirements...), but most people are pretty chill. And at the banquet Saturday nights, if you bring an instrument and just start up a Frestyle Jam (or someone else starts one), people will randomly join right on in and make it a rhythm game party (which is freaking awesome)!

The forums have more drama than the in-game community on my server. Here, you can see the rivalry between servers for new players, the discussions over what needs a buff or nerf, the complaints about the game's clunkier mechanics, and the outcries about glitches and event flaws. Honestly, though, I don't mind the level of drama on the forums. Things don't get as hot as some places I've been on the internet, and most of the back-and-forth around here seems generally good-natured.

I'm on Tarlach too and completely agree with this. In all honestly, people on the forums seem a lot more hostile than they actually are in game. Everyone I meet in game has always been nice to me. Of course, every server is going to have mean people, but at least in my experience I've never really ran into anyone who is.

To be completely honest with you there are a ton of rudes on the forums as well. Their stuff just gets deleted by the VFMs, lol.