Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

In-Game Forum Tab and "Follow" User Option

AtaraxizAtaraxiz
Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
edited August 12, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm not sure if this was already made. I've seen stuff about KR having an in game wiki, but not an actual forum, so why not post this here.

A lot of players never login to the forum because they feel like it's a hassle. You have to search up the forum in an outside browser, login, wait a day to be allowed to post (if a newer player), then fix your profile, and then you can post. To a lot of players this is annoying, especially if you log out of the forums for some reason. Then you have to log back in, and some people hate that (not me, just some people hate putting in the effort). For others, adding a browser into the mix may lag the game and possibly crash it if they do not have much CPU and Memory.

So why not program a forum tab that's like the webshop tab in-game? Let's be honest here: The forums are a great way to connect to users outside your server, and those friendships made here can get hard to bring into the game, due to full friends lists and not having a character on the same server. Having a forum tab and the ability to "Follow" other users would help us a lot in-game (Also a block feature, and a way to set a tag for your profile, like a guild section to type your guild name and more.). We'd be able to track people's posts, quickly shoot them a message, and it would also create more forum activity because there wouldn't be a hassle to login. We'd load up the game, and pull up the forums via forum tab and there we go! We can chat up a storm and enjoy the game all in one go!

Not only this, but since there is a forum post about every update, we wouldn't have to get on the website for this update information! Win-win!

What do you think? Should this be implemented? Do you think it's possible? What are some pros and cons? Do you have any suggestions? Let us know in the comments below!
MariangelicaRunefan
  1. In-Game Forum Tab or Forum "Follow" Feature?9 votes
    1. In-Game Forum Tab
       22% (2 votes)
    2. "Follow" Feature (Block Feature too)
       11% (1 vote)
    3. Both! Because this is an amazing idea!
       56% (5 votes)
    4. None
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    if anyone plays mabi through steam you can basically do these things already. just use the steam overlay while your in mabi and use the steam web browser and you can keep the forums and the mabi wiki open.
    Ataraxiz
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Negumiko wrote: »
    if anyone plays mabi through steam you can basically do these things already. just use the steam overlay while your in mabi and use the steam web browser and you can keep the forums and the mabi wiki open.

Steam lags some people too badly. I tried it once and I would lag my computer worse than when I had been using the Nexon Launcher.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 21, 2017
    I believe the wiki content the OP is referring to is called (according to Google translate) Smart Contents (hotkey: [])
    As described here.
    124171838.JPG
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    I believe the wiki content the OP is referring to is called (according to Google translate) Smart Contents (hotkey: [])
    As described here.
    124171838.JPG

Exactly my point, it would be so much easier and wouldn't lag as much due to being part of the game. Steam takes in more than just one games information at one time, like their exclusive adds. This wouldn't lag Mabi nearly as much, if not, at all.