Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New bot buisness...

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Policroma wrote: »
    Personally I think housing needs to be completely re-worked so people can actually have player houses of a kind. Between that and homesteads I feel like Mabi is lacking in player housing features. :P

It hurts 2 see that Korea already got these overdue update a long time ago. :(
    20m housing gold cap raised
    and 30m checks
    and 10m gold cap raised per char

NA feels so much like...

rena-mccullough-quote-were-pretty-much-the-redheaded-stepchild-around.jpg
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I get what the op was talking about though. I'm pretty sure the bots I see in Tarlach Dunby are not actual bots. Many players enthrall a bear to kill the bots..and a few moments later they get right back up and continue their spam. They also stop when peak times are gone and when everyone's not as active. Surely it's someone who has a lot of free time on their hands. It's still annoying though.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Leilicia wrote: »
    I get what the op was talking about though. I'm pretty sure the bots I see in Tarlach Dunby are not actual bots. Many players enthrall a bear to kill the bots..and a few moments later they get right back up and continue their spam. They also stop when peak times are gone and when everyone's not as active. Surely it's someone who has a lot of free time on their hands. It's still annoying though.

Either that or they've been programmed to get back up to continue their drivel.
    Some also use the ESC option while dead, which allows you to continue chatting while dead.
    It was a good tool back then when dungeoning and you could help direct and warn others while they were still in combat, now bots make use of it as well.

With the existence of social media bots, it's not hard to program something to act like a real person either.
    The Tesla CEO is right in a way, AI is scary and dangerous if not controlled.

But if they're real people, they must either have the following:
    Very sad pointless lives
    Is part of a scam
    Brainwashed slaves doing their master's bidding (yes, these do exist)
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    If you contact some of them they'll likely offer other "services"
    You know what would be a great bot name?

Botolomeo. It's a pun for Bartolomeo
    Goodbye Korean spam.
    Hello Chinese spam.
    [Deleted User]