Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About shops in Belvast...

GormandizeGormandize
Mabinogi Rep: 770
edited August 15, 2017 in General Chat
Why did they never make it so that shops could be placed in a more linear way, so that they could be next to each other leaving more space for other shops...
Never manage to find a spot to place my shop in Belvast, Alexina Server.

v4ovt2.png
[Deleted User]

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited August 17, 2017
    Having to D/C, crash or accidentally switch channel can make some players desperate by squeezing in whatever space is available. However, the placement of your lot is hit or miss; it's all a mess to others who view it.
    There is no definitive marking but an illusion of a border - if placement were like how items in the Homestead are placed; the bazaar in Belvast and the shops in Dunbarton, and elsewhere, would be a lot more organized.
    [Deleted User]
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    If the server is extremely full, it can be hard to find a spot in Belvast, but it's not impossible. I don't know how you go about it, but if you price everything in your shop before trying to open and suddenly find you're unable; it can be very frustrating (I understand). A better way is to only use a single item for a ridiculous price when opening a shop and then remove it upon a successful opening. ~ It takes a lot less time to do.

~ For example: Price only a 'Branch' for 4444444 gold (in Belvast), or 2222222 gold (in Dunbarton); and then try to open. :)

Lol this is what I do because there's been times where I have priced a ton of dyes and tried to open a shop and found I couldn't, so I only price one and then open it, then price the rest. Plus doing that helps me remember to use my shop brownie... There's been too many times where I've walked away from a shop and had it close on me too x.x
    [Deleted User]Kensamaofmaripawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If the server is extremely full, it can be hard to find a spot in Belvast, but it's not impossible. I don't know how you go about it, but if you price everything in your shop before trying to open and suddenly find you're unable; it can be very frustrating (I understand). A better way is to only use a single item for a ridiculous price when opening a shop and then remove it upon a successful opening. ~ It takes a lot less time to do.

~ For example: Price only a 'Branch' for 4444444 gold (in Belvast), or 2222222 gold (in Dunbarton); and then try to open. :)

Lol this is what I do because there's been times where I have priced a ton of dyes and tried to open a shop and found I couldn't, so I only price one and then open it, then price the rest. Plus doing that helps me remember to use my shop brownie... There's been too many times where I've walked away from a shop and had it close on me too x.x

If all fails, open shop in Dugald Aisle. Why compete for expensive space when there's unlimited space elsewhere? Then again, it's harder to sell expensive stuff.
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

If all fails, open shop in Dugald Aisle. Why compete for expensive space when there's unlimited space elsewhere? Then again, it's harder to sell expensive stuff.

When you have to pay for a licence, and then pay tax, opening a shop where people rarely wander isn't attractive at all.

Dugald Aisle are mostly used for commerce as far as I know. Wuhu.
    [Deleted User]
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Where is Dugald Aisle? I haven't heard of it. I do my shopping at Dunbar to cheap stuff and Belvast for things I can't afford and just drool over.
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Its the old forget lumber camp. Where people go to train skills on raccoons or do carpentery
    [Deleted User]
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Thanks for the album. I don't think space is an issue at Dunbarton though. I've never seen it completely packed on Mari at least. Belvast can get a bit cramped though.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I took a look at that album and safe to say that I had no idea you could do that. Also: Tarlach dunby only gets a max of around 5-6 shops in the square alone. Belvast is usually packed. I think they try to have a set order, but it's still a bit messy. Maybe, instead of nexon being the ones to set up borders etc, maybe the sellers themselves could try to have it more orderly.
    [Deleted User]
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Leilicia wrote: »
    I took a look at that album and safe to say that I had no idea you could do that. Also: Tarlach dunby only gets a max of around 5-6 shops in the square alone. Belvast is usually packed. I think they try to have a set order, but it's still a bit messy. Maybe, instead of nexon being the ones to set up borders etc, maybe the sellers themselves could try to have it more orderly.

Unless you make it socially unacceptable to do otherwise it's going to be near impossible.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I guess in a bigger server like Alexina it would be hard, but the smaller ones might be easier to do. I don't know lol
    [Deleted User]
    Thanks for the album. I don't think space is an issue at Dunbarton though. I've never seen it completely packed on Mari at least. Belvast can get a bit cramped though.

Once upon a time, Dunbarton was the place where you could not find any space to set up shop while Belvast was completely abandoned.
    Oh, how times have changed.

Anyone know what the limit at Port Cobh is?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570

Once upon a time, Dunbarton was the place where you could not find any space to set up shop while Belvast was completely abandoned.

10m is it?
    a bit shame to see that place only become place for people to go fishing and boarding ship while doing commerce
    Hazurah wrote: »

10m is it?
    a bit shame to see that place only become place for people to go fishing and boarding ship while doing commerce

My ideal healthy population and commerce is if every single area that has shops is filled and bustling with activity. But that's too much to ask for.