Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are you really kidding me

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    @Hardmuscle,

You seem to be an overly sensitive person with a thin skin. This is the second thread I've seen that you have claimed people are trolling. Honestly you made the first reference to trolls. You do realize this is a public forum and people might not agree with you. You can't claim everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll.

Now to the topic at hand, what's the benefit of getting Dan ranks? Some things like Lance were so mindnumbing for me to train to rank 1 that unless the payout is huge, I'm never picking up another lance again.

Skills improve at higher dan ranks.

Here's some examples

Dan 3 Icebolt
    96a07e9dd4.png
    I'd gotten this forever ago, so that's how it's Dan 3 already.

Dan 1 Healing
    ab996560ac.png
    I went from rank 1 to Dan 1 today.
    The training exp was reset (with 15.00 bonus due to event probably)
    It was Mastered before, and I kept the master title, but if I want to take the test for Dan 1 -> Dan 2, I'd have to get 100 points again. (at 0.02 per heal, lol)

Costs AP to rank up, the skills themselves get more effective, but there aren't any more stats to gain from "danning" skills.
    You also get these little seal things when you finish a test.
    ec257f4e43.png

You can use them at the Advancement Test Helper in the advancement hall in Emain Macha, and spending them lets you customize Combo Cards by placing any skills you have Dan3 in into the combo as you like.

The cost goes up if you try to make the combo have the same skill multiple times.
    HardmuscleKokoroZurcishere
  • GspinGspin
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    ShouK wrote: »
    Skill Advancement Test: To take the test for a skill, you need to reach at least 100 on the skill training progression.

Why the hell do I have to re-do all the work I put in to master a skill to take this test? I have the freaking master title already but just because I resetted my skills, the training are all gone and apparently the game loves to torture you so much that it won't let me take the test.

Something similar happened to me. Mastered all puppet skills on my old main, but reset skills after returning a month ago and they're all r1 but empty training bar. The best way to see this is as a continuation of normal skill training. So of course you have to train it to 100. It's not GM, and it isn't really uncapping, it's an extension. It does make sense. I'd say just count your loses.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,045
    Since we're on the topic. Do you lose your Master Title progress if you advance to Dan, when you don't have the title yet?
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,150
    edited August 17, 2017
    I got my skills all the way to r1, i got my master training legally, no bots, no mods or cheaty features involved, i did it already and i dont want to do it again, keep my training as it is >.>
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    edited August 17, 2017
    Pannya wrote: »
    @Hardmuscle,

You seem to be an overly sensitive person with a thin skin. This is the second thread I've seen that you have claimed people are trolling. Honestly you made the first reference to trolls. You do realize this is a public forum and people might not agree with you. You can't claim everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll.

Now to the topic at hand, what's the benefit of getting Dan ranks? Some things like Lance were so mindnumbing for me to train to rank 1 that unless the payout is huge, I'm never picking up another lance again.

This is not about opinions, if you want nexon to reset your skills whenever they want is your problem, dont ask anothers to accept it just because you are ok with it, i got my skills all the way to r1, i got my master training legally, no bots, no mods or cheaty features involved, i did it already and i dont want to do it again, keep my training as it is >.>
    Show me where I did what you're saying? ~ Who paid you to troll me?

Did I say accept it? Live with it? Eat it? Die with it? ~ Show me this load of crap you speak of.

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    edited August 17, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »
    Since we're on the topic. Do you lose your Master Title progress if you advance to Dan, when you don't have the title yet?

Yeah, the bar and all training gets reset.

If you've earned the Master Title before the rest (like I had with my Healing skill), you don't lose the title you already have, and can still wear it after the training's been reset.
    Hardmuscle
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,900
    edited August 17, 2017
    No need to get our panties in a wad on this thread. Stop your arguing or you're both probably part of the issue .-. I do not have anything against either of you, I just don't want people to get banned or get a warning because someone doesn't like how a piece of the game works, and then someone else replied to it using the same negative additude.

Negativity is a air-borne virus. It spreads quickly until it consumes everyone. Let's keep the forums peaceful, shall we?

As for the Dan ranks, I've had the test quest in my quest logs for quite sometime. I should probably get on with that :o
    HardmuscleSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    No need to get our panties in a wad on this thread. Stop your arguing or you're both probably part of the issue .-. I do not have anything against either of you, I just don't want people to get banned or get a warning because someone doesn't like how a piece of the game works, and then someone else replied too it using the same negative additude.

Negativity is a air-borne virus. Is spreads quickly until it consumes everyone. Let's keep the forums peaceful, shall we?

As for the Dan ranks, I've had the test quest in my quest logs for quite sometime. I should probably get on with that :o

Right, so let's take turns, approximately every 10 minutes, to get the last word. ~ That really helps a lot. <3
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    No need to get our panties in a wad on this thread. Stop your arguing or you're both probably part of the issue .-. I do not have anything against either of you, I just don't want people to get banned or get a warning because someone doesn't like how a piece of the game works, and then someone else replied too it using the same negative additude.

Negativity is a air-borne virus. Is spreads quickly until it consumes everyone. Let's keep the forums peaceful, shall we?

Right, so let's take turns, approximately every 10 minutes, to get the last word. ~ That really helps a lot. <3

I honestly have no idea what you mean? I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm just trying to politely ask that everyone take a deep breath and keep the forums a place we can all enjoy. I'm sure many others here do not enjoy getting on the forums only to see various people disrespecting each other.
    Hardmuscle
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    edited August 17, 2017
    it is new, stop spreading false information nexon worker.
    yes it is and i am better than you so i own you, you can go to hell of you dont like it.
    As if I cared xD , the developers are a bunch of trolls for forcing players to do it all over again just to annoy them, i am not happy and i am not going to change my mind.

What is this? New form of cringe talk? Nice trolling honey~. I'm amused, being so rude all of sudden for no reason.

yNiBv8S.gif

Yes, i love these forums. Interesting people gather here, so my popcorns never go to waste :D

HardmuscleVitulaImaizumiVimiWolfandWolfSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017
    I honestly have no idea what you mean? I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm just trying to politely ask that everyone take a deep breath and keep the forums a place we can all enjoy. I'm sure many others here do not enjoy getting on the forums only to see various people disrespecting each other.
    Is there by any chance a full moon tonight? ~ My last post was 10 minutes before yours (at that point) and as far as I knew, it was over. I didn't say you were being rude. I implied it's not very helpful to beat a dead horse with a another dead horse (as someone else likes to say). ~ o:)
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    edited August 17, 2017
    @Greta

Will you share your popcorn with me? I'm proctoring an exam and it run through my usual lunch time. So hungry...
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    edited August 17, 2017
    Is there by any chance a full moon tonight? ~ My last post was 10 minutes before yours and as far as I knew, it was over. I didn't say you were being rude. I implied it's not very helpful to beat a dead horse with a another dead horse (as someone else likes to say). ~ o:)

/sigh

I did not "beat a dead horse". You purposely continued drama asking for proof of what you said from the other person. That's not over, you are flaming the situation and I asked you to politely keep drama away from public whether it started here or not .-. Again, nothing against you, I just don't think anyone enjoys coming to the forums and seeing that... Besides Greta xD

This isn't just to you, it's to others involved aswell.
    @Hardmuscle,

This is not about opinions, if you want nexon to reset your skills whenever they want is your problem, dont ask anothers to accept it just because you are ok with it, i got my skills all the way to r1, i got my master training legally, no bots, no mods or cheaty features involved, i did it already and i dont want to do it again, keep my training as it is >.>

Did I say accept it? Live with it? Eat it? Die with it? ~ Show me this load of crap you speak of.

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Is there by any chance a full moon tonight? ~ My last post was 10 minutes before yours and as far as I knew, it was over. I didn't say you were being rude. I implied it's not very helpful to beat a dead horse with a another dead horse (as someone else likes to say). ~ o:)

/sigh

I did not "beat a dead horse". You purposely continued drama asking for proof of what you said from the other person. That's not over, you are flaming the situation and I asked you to politely keep drama away from public whether it started here or not .-. Again, nothing against you, I just don't think anyone enjoys coming to the forums and seeing that... Besides Greta xD
    @Hardmuscle,

Read what @Greta posted a moment ago .. in quotes .. and whom the user was talking to. They accused me of 'telling them to accept it' .. I asked for proof; they edited their comment; and the thread died. ~~~~~~ Ten minutes later ... you enter .. with a statement about the dead argument. ~ -- define flame .
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    edited August 17, 2017
    Okay so Hardmuscle told OP that this feature wasn't "new", Pannya got upset all of sudden, told him not to talk false information, also called him nexon worker (lmao what?), she also implied that shes better than him (okay... why? does that make any difference?), told him to go to hell annnndddd called developers a bunch of trolls. GG, is she ok?
    ArchdukeValeCortezHardmuscleAtaraxizImaizumiWolfandWolfSherri
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz

/sigh

@Hardmuscle,

Read what @Greta posted a moment ago .. in quotes .. and whom the user was talking to. They accused me of 'telling them to accept it' .. I asked for proof; they edited their comment; and the thread died. ~~~~~~ Ten minutes later ... you enter .. with a statement about the dead argument. ~ -- define flame .

People miss things, it's not inhuman to miss something that was said. It appeared to me you were just trying to keep up the drama as the other person had been, which a lot of people do not appreciate considering this should be a place we can all come to in mutual respects.

Since the other person edited their post, I apologise. However, please just report people and move on .-. Everything else is unnessisary drama that doesn't deserve attention.
    HardmuscleGretaImaizumiSherri
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Greta wrote: »
    Okay so Hardmuscle told OP that this feature wasn't "new", Pannya got upset all of sudden, told him not to talk false information, also called him nexon worker (lmao what?), she also implied that shes better than him (okay... why? does that make any difference?), told him to go to hell annnndddd called developers a bunch of trolls. GG, is she ok?

Don't forget Hardmuscle getting all mad that someone is talking to them on an open public forum. But yeah, you nailed it on the head. Both sides don't look for good. Now hand over the popcorn!
    GretaAtaraxizSherri
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Greta wrote: »

I never said anyone was in the right about anything. I suggested keeping issues like this off of the forums is probably a good idea.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 17, 2017
    People miss things, it's not inhuman to miss something that was said. It appeared to me you were just trying to keep up the drama as the other person had been, which a lot of people do not appreciate considering this should be a place we can all come to in mutual respects.

Since the other person edited their post, I apologise. However, please just report people and move on .-. Everything else is unnessisary drama that doesn't deserve attention.
    I had already done that before you came along. ~ No hard feelings.
    Don't forget Hardmuscle getting all mad that someone is talking to them on an open public forum. But yeah, you nailed it on the head. Both sides don't look for good. Now hand over the popcorn!
    I don't get mad when people talk to me in a public forum. I get mad when people troll me in a public forum. Don't patronize me sir.
    GretaAtaraxiz
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,865
    I remember when Hardmuscle used to be a level-headed and overall nice person and resident forum cat. what the hell happened? Like a totally different person. Maybe someone stole the name
    PanSherriRiddleTrickster