Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are you really kidding me

Comments

• FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Don't sit there and pretend you were not aware of losing all training for r1 upon use of a skill reset.

I understand the anger (because of the event), but I don't understand the sudden case of amnesia.

Tetchily the Item does not say this and it really should.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    edited August 18, 2017
    Falmosta wrote: »
    Don't sit there and pretend you were not aware of losing all training for r1 upon use of a skill reset.

I understand the anger (because of the event), but I don't understand the sudden case of amnesia.

Tetchily the Item does not say this and it really should.
    I won't disagree with you on that, but it's really not the point.
    Arjune wrote: »
    I remember when Hardmuscle used to be a level-headed and overall nice person and resident forum cat. what the hell happened? Like a totally different person. Maybe someone stole the name
    I'm the same person I've always been, Strawberry Cat. ~ Surely you can find something else to talk about.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    >This thread
    a-kat--27392.gif
    HardmuscleGretaAtaraxizSherri
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    anyways.... anyone know whats the change for getting kunai storm and crash shot advancement?
  • GspinGspin
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Id just like to chip in and share my support for everyone against Hardmuscle and my condolences for your attempts to reason with him. He is, very prideful.

He will never let it go. Just admit hes right, and agree. He really needs it. Hes never wrong!
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Similarly to previous threads, this one just got derailed again because someone has no contributory input.
    GretaAtaraxizSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    edited August 18, 2017
    Gspin wrote: »
    Id just like to chip in and share my support for everyone against Hardmuscle and my condolences for your attempts to reason with him. He is, very prideful.

He will never let it go. Just admit hes right, and agree. He really needs it. Hes never wrong!

Well he was legit right this time. This content is not new. There's nothing new needing to have r1 trained skill to be able to Dan it. OP tried to tell that this is new and also a very rude kid interrupted, making things even more heated. I guess people need to understand Hardmuscle's sassiness and sarcasm as well lol.
    Hardmuscle
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    edited August 18, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Well he was legit right this time. This content is not new. There's nothing new needing to have r1 trained skill to be able to Dan it.

Well the whole "needing 100 skill exp to take the test" is new.
    Which is what they were mostly upset about.
    Hardmuscle
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    edited August 18, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Well he was legit right this time. This content is not new. There's nothing new needing to have r1 trained skill to be able to Dan it.

Oh? There's a reason to be upset about that? I honestly never tried to do Dan Advancement in my life before because i heard a rumor that you need to participate in it at some specific time and such. So i was like "probably waste of time" and ignored it until now. I thought you needed to get fully trained r1 skill as well lol.
    Hardmuscle
  • GspinGspin
    Mabinogi Rep: 820

Well he was legit right this time. This content is not new. There's nothing new needing to have r1 trained skill to be able to Dan it. OP tried to tell that this is new and also a very rude kid interrupted, making things even more heated. I guess people need to understand Hardmuscle's sassiness and sarcasm as well lol.

Hey, im not arguing against his knowledge. Hardmuscle knows a lot! Its the rest of him I contend with haha.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    edited August 18, 2017

Time to let us use Ap cheeze 2 apply on r1(Dannable) skillz now I guess? :*
    Hardmuscle
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Oh? There's a reason to be upset about that? I honestly never tried to do Dan Advancement in my life before because i heard a rumor that you need to participate in it at some specific time and such. So i was like "probably waste of time" and ignored it until now. I thought you needed to get fully trained r1 skill as well lol.

Well, I mean...

It's more convenient that you can take the test any day, instead of just being a specific time of day and only on days whose calendar date ends in 0 or 5.

But less convenient in that you need to have 100 points of training to take the test.
    And after you rank up to the next Dan rank, all the training gets reset so you'd need to do it again.

For some skills this is NO BIG DEAL.
    Mostly older skills that have a very high Skill Exp cap, Magnum Shot, Smash, Combat Mastery, Icebolt. which all have over 1,000 skill exp worth of training to get, as well as training that gives a large amount of exp at once.

But really lame for quite a few other skills. The life skills like Magic Craft, Hillwen Engineering, Blacksmithing, Tailoring, and Potion Making are notable.
    Even some of the combat skills can be annoyingly slow to get back up to 100 exp.

And difficulty aside, it also resets the progress towards that skill's master title, in case you wanted that.

At least it can be done solo and you can keep retrying the test if you fail it.
    Not looking forward to all the grinding and regrinding it'll take to get some more Dan ranked skills.
    HardmuscleGretaSherriKokoro
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,865
    edited August 18, 2017
    I think the OP is upset because they need 100 points, and because they reset skills they need to get that 100 points back even though they ranked it back to r1. That's understandable to be upset about... since they might not have known they would need those 100 points... but it sounds like they did that reset a while ago and they are just gonna have to deal with it. Meanwhile I have to basically master hillwen engineering AND magic craft 3 times. if anyone should be complaining it's people like me lol

@Hardmuscle: if you are the same person then I feel bad that you seem to have really become quite mean. This isn't the first thread you have been a total sass ball in and it's just... weird to me
    GretaRiddleTrickster
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,015
    edited August 18, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    Similarly to previous threads, this one just got derailed again because someone has no contributory input.
    Pot calling the kettle black again?
    Just delete your character and make a new one that isn't bugged.
    Id just like to chip in and share my support for everyone against Hardmuscle and my condolences for your attempts to reason with him. He is, very prideful. He will never let it go. Just admit hes right, and agree. He really needs it. Hes never wrong!
    Hey, im not arguing against his knowledge. Hardmuscle knows a lot! Its the rest of him I contend with haha.
    I'd appreciate it if you'd stop pretending you know me, or that you know anything at all about me.
    @Hardmuscle: if you are the same person then I feel bad that you seem to have really become quite mean. This isn't the first thread you have been a total sass ball in and it's just... weird to me
    I treat people the same way they treat me, Strawberry Cat.
    I didn't say it's not ridiculous.. ~ I said it's far from new.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    I think the OP is upset because they need 100 points, and because they reset skills they need to get that 100 points back even though they ranked it back to r1. That's understandable to be upset about... since they might not have known they would need those 100 points... but it sounds like they did that reset a while ago and they are just gonna have to deal with it. Meanwhile I have to basically master hillwen engineering AND magic craft 3 times. if anyone should be complaining it's people like me lol
    it's so much better than having to master it 3 times since its only 100 points compared to doing all the training requirement. Let's just be glad that nexon didn't make it so that we have to fullfil all the requirements per skill advancement attempt.
    HardmuscleSherri
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    The requirement should've been to master the skill each time in order to rank up.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    The requirement should've been to master the skill each time in order to rank up.

Haha...

Almost the case for a skill like Lightning Rod.

Need 100 points to take the test, and the total exp you get from getting the Master title adds up to 102.
    Hardmuscle
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    edited August 18, 2017
    Just think of it as another rank to work on(that you can't use seals on)
    HardmuscleSherri
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Just think of it as another rank it work on

Haha...

Almost the case for a skill like Lightning Rod.

Need 100 points to take the test, and the total exp you get from getting the Master title adds up to 102.

does druid badge work on lightning rod? o:
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    I think the moral of the story is, don't waste your time resetting skills. Rank 1 and master everything.
    HardmuscleGretaSherri