Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are you really kidding me

Comments

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    The requirement should've been to master the skill each time in order to rank up.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Pan wrote: »
    The requirement should've been to master the skill each time in order to rank up.

Haha...

Almost the case for a skill like Lightning Rod.

Need 100 points to take the test, and the total exp you get from getting the Master title adds up to 102.
    [Deleted User]
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    edited August 18, 2017
    Just think of it as another rank to work on(that you can't use seals on)
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Just think of it as another rank it work on
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Haha...

Need 100 points to take the test, and the total exp you get from getting the Master title adds up to 102.

does druid badge work on lightning rod? o:
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    I think the moral of the story is, don't waste your time resetting skills. Rank 1 and master everything.
    [Deleted User]GretaSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    I think the moral of the story is, don't waste your time resetting skills. Rank 1 and master everything.

This is why i never reset skills. My bf did reset his at least 2 times now and when i complain about Mission Point requirements to rank skills he says: "Just derank skills at Duncan" and i'm like "Nope, don't wanna master skills all over again"
    Policroma
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    xOtaku wrote: »
    Just think of it as another rank it work on
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Haha...

does druid badge work on lightning rod? o:

It should.
    That and being level 100+ while in the Magic talent.

And in the cases of Magic Craft and Hillwen Engineering, I coulda sworn I read that you can possible get Magic Craft EXP and Hillwen Engineering EXP effects on Yellow Echostones.

EXP reforges (and effects like them) may still not help with getting Master titles, but they can help reduce the grind to re-qualify for Dan tests.
  • MazanakiMazanaki
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    At higher Dan ranks, you have the pass the test multiple times to advance the skill. For Dan 2, you have the pass twice with a ranking of S. Dan 3 also requirements passing twice, but with different requirements (I don't know what those are at this time).

60b798c912.png

The hidden requirement is probably attending the advancement ceremony, same as the hidden requirement for getting to Dan 1.

BTW, Dan 1 fireball adds 120 max damage.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    You know....I actually have to agree. This IS ridiculous. For skills like smash it's ..actually even TOO easy. But..i would like to see some balance between all of these. It took me over a year to get hillwen master, now I'm sitting here fearing that if I ever reset my dan 1 hillwen, I won't get my master title back and I don't see myself doing ALMOST THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK again 4 freaking times. Just..no. I actually feel like posting a not-so-well-recieved suggestion about this already. That's just one skill, imagine all of the life skills....it's too much.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Siodhan wrote: »
    You know....I actually have to agree. This IS ridiculous. For skills like smash it's ..actually even TOO easy. But..i would like to see some balance between all of these. It took me over a year to get hillwen master, now I'm sitting here fearing that if I ever reset my dan 1 hillwen, I won't get my master title back and I don't see myself doing ALMOST THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK again 4 freaking times. Just..no. I actually feel like posting a not-so-well-recieved suggestion about this already. That's just one skill, imagine all of the life skills....it's too much.

luckily you keep the master title no matter what if you get that... but getting to 100 for each following dan is still like 7000+ hillwen fragments and 500 each of zinc/nickel fragments ... I'm not sure what magic craft would be

• FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    This feels like a situation where they wanted the feature to be more accessible but then realized after the fact it was too easy, so they made it more difficult - in the end, we're back where we started. I fear this feature will fall back into obscurity before long.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    edited August 18, 2017
    FableAura wrote: »
    This feels like a situation where they wanted the feature to be more accessible but then realized after the fact it was too easy, so they made it more difficult - in the end, we're back where we started. I fear this feature will fall back into obscurity before long.

pretty sure it's a lot more better than before especially with the non-life skills since they're still damage boost and they even made it solo along with being able to be worked on anytime compared to specific day and time requiring others to join. Few people may consider the life skills advancement(same even without the advancement if not for seals and training pot) but the combat ones will definitely be worth the time.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    If you don't like something, just ignore it.
    Gormandize
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    If you really want to dan3 a life skill, consider getting level 200 bonus (this doesnt apply with hillwen and magic craft), and get a level 10 exp reforge tool/echostone.
    By doing this you can get 100 prof in blacksmithing without making any rank r2+ equipment.
    For tailoring, if you do all this and get a tailoring alban stone, you can get to 96 prof without making any r2+ equipment
    For magic craft and hillwen your only option is getting the echostone reforges, but getting a max level reforge will greatly simplify the proccess. You can get 60 prof from just making hillwen for example.
    If you really want to save time obtaining dan 3 skills, make sure to fully utilize training pots events and bonus training exp
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    and if you want to dan 3 magnum shot for a whopping 60% extra damage, make sure to use it thrice at 1x training. With the amount of effort involved in getting 100% on a life skill in comparison to the effort:gains for combat skill, you might as well get +1000 max damage extra rolls on each crafted weapon on dan 3 life skills.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Advancing Firebolt is useless. You get like 6 extra damage at the end with significantly more mana use.
    AstralBlue
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I honestly feel like resetting training points after each Dan rank is a cheap time sink they've tried to put into the process. As if having to repeat the tests at least 7 times per skill with only being able to complete one test daily wasn't enough waiting, now I have to re-train any skill I wish to upgrade all over again just to be allowed into the tests. Not to mention that I can't touch Hillwen or Shyellin Dans at all until I master both unless I want to re-gather thousands upon thousands of plants again.
    Kokoro
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    At least you don't have to wait one day of the week anymore, right? Things could always be worse. Besides, there's no rush for Dan-ing. Take your time and don't push yourself to do things you don't want to do right away, you'll feel better.
    GretaKokoroxOtaku
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    The only thing I'm really upset about is the fact that elves windmill only gets 30% extra, while a human/giant's windmill gets 60% extra damage.
    (230%versus310%)
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Yeah there's a significant imbalance among some of these Dan tests/skills.
    Smash's Dan test seems ridiculously easy while you have Magnum Shot Dan, which is a HUGE pain. You have to hope you don't miss and get a critical hit kill for the majority of the test, on top of the fact that it just gets worse for each higher Dan rank test you have to do. 12k points to get Rank SS for Dan 3 requirements? Ridiculous. I'm barely getting 9k~10k points, and that's with me being a tryhard. At least extend the time limit a couple of minutes, or get rid of the multi-aggro.
    Mhaol