Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you Get Rich/Make Lots of Gold?

Comments

• VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    I learn a method that relate to daily missions. Not only do both daily shadow missions, but other missions (puppet shop, cooking, dungeon, fishing, etc). Which that you collect gold, materials (depends on the missions), and adventure seals. What i do, I collect the seals and every Thursdays I buy expire removal scrolls and sell them around 300k each.
    SherriDanievictriaTaiyouri_chan
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited August 18, 2017
    Usually by merchanting for big money. Dungeon/SM for pocket money. But then that dungeoning can give a great earn by obtaining rare mats or enchants.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 18, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    You got rich by turning in fomor scrolls lol?

I'm not sure about back then, but nowadays, fomor scroll collecting gets good gold.

With the recent update now, getting fomor scrolls is a must for poorer people (myself included).
    Plateau Wild Boars are a good example. Decent spawn rate in the bard camp area; 10 fomor scrolls get you 18k.
    And there is some quests that get you even more.

I highly recommend saving them whenever you can. I even gold on to lower ones that give 1k-10k, cuz' it all adds up in the end.
    I devoted a pet to storing them and cashing them in whenever I get a lot of stacks.
    If I do well, I can get about 100k.
    KensamaofmariDanievictriaCaterex
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited August 18, 2017
    I would pick up everything in the dungeon excluding the food(too big, doesn't stack, doesn't justify the amount of gold earned for taking up more than one slot of inventory). And pretty much npcsold the unsellable stuff

Last thing I did I simply grinded for Spellwalk Master, and used it to spam Battle for Taillteann 1. which was something like. . . . 26,000 gold per run . . . or 20,000? can't remember. Had a fully upgraded Phoenix fire wand. Spellwalk Master is a godsend for mana consumption. Oh and it helps to have a shield fully upgraded with 15% archery resistance

I never worried about having to kill in one hit vs 3 hits. The shadow missions were always much shorter to complete than dungeons. Just spammed fireBall

2cro6jd.jpg
  • ChristinaaChristinaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    There are so many ways to earn money imo without having to spend irl money, just gotta have a lot of patience.

Here are some things I do:
    -Daily SM Missions + Lords (Caves) I recommend buying crystals especially if you have elites.
    -DFT 2 spam is an easy solo mission. Conflict was nerfed, and MA + Shadow Wiz requires more than one person unless you're op op.
    -When doing SMs/Dungeons, pick up EVERYTHING. You can always sell those things to NPC or your food truck 10 gold at a time ~ Players also buy easy obtainable materials i.e leathers, herbs, etc.
    -Sell stuff you don't need, don't hoard!
    -Spam Alby reg. for Alby ADV HM pass (4 party always). Chances to get weapon mats. from the end chests aren't so rare.
    -Dragon Raids (or all Iria ones), all channels. Praire Dragon imo is the easist, and it spawns two times a day.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »

I'm not sure about back then, but nowadays, fomor scroll collecting gets good gold.

With the recent update now, getting fomor scrolls is a must for poorer people (myself included).
    Plateau Wild Boars are a good example. Decent spawn rate in the bard camp area; 10 fomor scrolls get you 18k.

I highly recommend saving them whenever you can. I even gold on to lower ones that give 1k-10k, cuz' it all adds up in the end.
    I devoted a pet to storing them and cashing them in whenever I get a lot of stacks.

Back when there wasn't much hyperinflation, this was the source of income.
    Sherri
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    Spy wrote: »
    Get 5 alts, and a bunch of potent crystals
    do your daily lord missions 3x
    3.6m a day :^).

So why 5 alts you doing this solo or with help or are you botting the alts in and soloing
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Gormandize wrote: »
    I don't know why people under price Fine Reforges for so little...

We all know $10 = 7m, 35 Fine Reforges are 40 Karma Koin...so that would be 28m not 17, not 15, not 20m. You better off buying ____ from other Players.

How do you know ?

The unofficial exchange rate some people go around using, also from bot gold purchases.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

We all know $10 = 7m, 35 Fine Reforges are 40 Karma Koin...so that would be 28m not 17, not 15, not 20m. You better off buying ____ from other Players.

How do you know ?

The unofficial exchange rate some people go around using, also from bot gold purchases.

I don't get why he thinks that reforges sell for like 750k. especially when you have to fight against those "bot shops" that sell for like 300-350k
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

This is a great example of what not to do.
    Don't stoop this low and actually work for your hard earned gold.
    The game would be so much better off without people and their alt army.
    It sickens me every time I see people use alts.
    Having an alt keep up a shop for you is alright, but spamming SM's and such is pathetic.
    It should be bannable.
  • GormandizeGormandize
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    Opalthira wrote: »

How do you know ?

I don't get why he thinks that reforges sell for like 750k. especially when you have to fight against those "bot shops" that sell for like 300-350k

This is why I also said it would just be better to buy ____ from other players. We have on Facebook "Mabinogi Market - Alexina Server"
  • AptApt
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    My way takes advantage of all the dailies you can do on each character on your account. Every account now starts with 6 character cards, 8 if you include the assistant cards.

Saga Ep10. Episode 10 because it's the shortest. You're going to need at least 4 Perseus pets or AoE pets. You're going to be using them to kill the spawns and lastly use the free Thoroughbred to help you kill Macha. One Saga Box gives 30k; with 8 characters and 7 days a week that's 1.68m per week. You also get other stuff from the box, like the Saga View Coupon. Three of them can be exchanged for a Black Gacha Dye which can give you a black or white dye which sells for 1-1.2m, the worst color you can get still sells for 30k. Another thing you can get is the Adventurer Seal, you get 56 per week with 8 characters all doing the Saga everyday. That leads me to the next method.

Adventurer Seals. When you do the Saga everyday for a week you get 56 AS only. When you do the easy daily quests you can get more. The easy quests are Weiss, Hector, Macaulay and Madoc. The first three are just crafting items and the materials are given to you already plus you don't need high ranks in the skill, RF is enough. For Madoc you just need Large Nails which you can get by hitting props near him. Now then, that's 4 AS per character each day, in a week you can get a total of 224 and if you add the AS from Saga that becomes 280 AS per week. If you don't mind doing a little bit of extra work you can get more too. For example doing the daily SM for all 8 characters if they're easy or the kill quests in the Reserve and Hillwen Mine or delivering 5 White Herbs to Spy Red. That should give you an extra 5 per character which equals to 560 AS per week. Now you use the AS to buy stuff from the Seal Merchant. I believe the most profitable is the Royal Knight Armor which sells for 5-6m. It costs 350 AS which you can get in 1-2 weeks.

The next method is Holy Water farming. This one is easy, all you need to do is park it near the Part-Time Job giver with their inventory full of stuff they need and log in during the right time and they need to have a life talent. Once I'm done with the two methods above I park my characters near Pencast (since he's the easiest one to gather materials for) and when it's 4PM I log in to my alts, get the quest, get the required items from my pet, hand in the quest and log out and repeat for my other characters. Of course you need to resupply to finish the quest once you run out. This takes place in Tara which loads slow for some so doing it on all 8 characters might be impossible if you have a bad computer. Now then, how much money can you get from it. Doing it once can get you 4 stacks of HW and each in-game day is 36 minutes. In ~4 hours you can get 24 stacks you can do it longer but I usually get bored by then. One stack costs 40k and since you can get 24 per day that's 960k per day. You can get more if you reach the intermediate and advanced quests.

To summarize:
    Saga Ep10, 1.68m per week and the potential to get black and white dyes. Takes 35-40 minutes to complete.
    Farming Adventurer Seals, 5-6m per week. Takes another 30-50 minutes to complete.
    Farming Holy Water, average 960k for beginners and 1.4m for advanced per day. Takes 5 minutes every 36 minutes and a couple of hours gathering materials.

Other things you can do on your alts:
    Squires. You don't need to train them but getting them to do advanced missions is a good idea. Do the 5 hours missions and buy the boxes, some items are worth selling.
    Festia. I haven't done it on my alts so I'm not entirely sure if you can do them but if you can then you can get the box which can rewards you with some pretty nice stuff.

Oh and prices are based on Alexina.
    offwithyourheadsbeesyruphead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045

Having an alt keep up a shop for you is alright, but spamming SM's and such is pathetic.
    It should be bannable.
    It was a troll suggestion, also how the heck is using an alt to fill a spot considered botting?
    Botting is when you use a program to do things automatically, having an extra laptop is not botting.
    Having an alt fill a spot is starting to be a common practice in low population servers, since it beats waiting hours for someone to join just to start a 5 minute run.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Commerce. if everything goes rite U can get 20k+ every 5-7min 4 no effort really. Don't even have to fight anything.
    Kokorobeesyruphead
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    It should be bannable.

It actually is, pretty sure ToS only allows you to have one account for you and you only. Unless you're screaming "I have multiple accounts!" in front of GMs you're not going to be hunted down by Nexon, unless of course you have a couple hundred spare accounts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited August 19, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    It actually is, pretty sure ToS only allows you to have one account for you and you only. Unless you're screaming "I have multiple accounts!" in
    front of GMs you're not going to be hunted down by Nexon, unless of course you have a couple hundred spare accounts.

While the ToS does not allow account sharing, it does not prohibit registering multiple accounts.

The ToS does mention the existence of multiple accounts registered to a single person.
    For example in this passage of the ToS,
    3.3 No Data Mining.
    You agree that you will not (a) obtain or attempt to obtain any information from any part of the Service using any method not expressly permitted by Nexon; (b) intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by any part of the Service, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or other device; (c) use any third-party software to collect information from or through any part of the Service, including without limitation information about your character, any account registered to you, virtual items, other players, or other Service-related data.
    The phrase, "any account registered to you" implies that Nexon acknowledges players having multiple accounts and allows them to do so.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695

Yep, fomor scrolls are a great source of cash, especially the Plateau Wild Boars and the Black Grizzly Bears. Also, when you're crafting lots of items to level up a crafting skill, don't just drop the stuff on the ground! Instead, hold onto those things and sell them to the NPC shops if they are sellable. I saw so many people had just tossed crafted stuff that they could have sold to get back at least some of their investment (maybe even make a profit if they just invested 50k in a kiosk and set it up in Dunbarton or Belvast) on the ground during the life skill boost week. It was insane! I picked that abandoned stuff up and sold it to the NPC shop for some cash...except for a tossed axe, which I squirreled away for later and ended up donating to a newbie. Waste not, want not, folks.

That goes for drops from mobs too. the 900 some-odd gold you get for a Mongo Cap or the 700+ you get from a pair of Hunter Boots from an NPC may seem like a drop in the bucket, but if you train your skills on those Plateau Wild Boars and always pick those things up (selling your stuff at the bard camp when your inventory starts looking too full), those little drops add up quite profitably.

And, running Ciar Normal and grabbing those Building Stones (they practically always drop at the end chest) can be profitable too. They sell for 100 gold each at the NPC shops. The large cheese wheels that the rat enemies drop sell for quite a bit too!
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 19, 2017

Yep, fomor scrolls are a great source of cash, especially the Plateau Wild Boars and the Black Grizzly Bears. Also, when you're crafting lots of items to level up a crafting skill, don't just drop the stuff on the ground! Instead, hold onto those things and sell them to the NPC shops if they are sellable. I saw so many people had just tossed crafted stuff that they could have sold to get back at least some of their investment (maybe even make a profit if they just invested 50k in a kiosk and set it up in Dunbarton or Belvast) on the ground during the life skill boost week. It was insane! I picked that abandoned stuff up and sold it to the NPC shop for some cash...except for a tossed axe, which I squirreled away for later and ended up donating to a newbie. Waste not, want not, folks.

That goes for drops from mobs too. the 900 some-odd gold you get for a Mongo Cap or the 700+ you get from a pair of Hunter Boots from an NPC may seem like a drop in the bucket, but if you train your skills on those Plateau Wild Boars and always pick those things up (selling your stuff at the bard camp when your inventory starts looking too full), those little drops add up quite profitably.

And, running Ciar Normal and grabbing those Building Stones (they practically always drop at the end chest) can be profitable too. They sell for 100 gold each at the NPC shops. The large cheese wheels that the rat enemies drop sell for quite a bit too!

If U follow the rich man around 24/7 u can be a millionaire as well. ;)
    DanievictriaAtaraxiz
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    The real secret is to do BD
    and get bd heart :^)
    Greta
  • xxdropxxxxdropxx
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    edited August 19, 2017
    Just kill everything with gold toss skill! Jk jk for starters look at ya running costs and setup. I like to run pretty much naked and just buy cheap swords that i don't bless and kill dura on, then use as ego food. If it's a harder sm I'll bust out the ego and rock my wing plate armor for those 1g repair fees.

Homestead is pretty much a herbstead pot farm that i craft and sell potions and assorted warez in. So a mix of sm runs and crafting. If something really tickles my fancy and i need quick easy money I'll sell reforges, rarely will i gacha. Very few times have i landed big ticket items that turn over 20mil or more. Reforges or other cash shop items are a safer bet and don't let people get pushy and tell you what it's worth!

Be patient, be sparing and try and buy things at the right times always helps. Always nice to have a bit of a savings fund behind you for when something you want comes up. With a bit of a cash flow behind you, you tend to careless if something does or doesn't sell.
    Danievictria