Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just a thought on Archery...

PomatoesPomatoes
Mabinogi Rep: 250
edited August 20, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
What if... We just lock the hit rate to a certain % based on either Bow/Crossbow Mastery or Ranged Attack, for example, setting it at around 75-85% base or so with a +1-2% hit rate per skill rank up and just change the current aim % to be a Max Crit Rate modifier. I say Max Crit Rate cause there'd be absolutely no reason to bother with aiming if it only increased Crit Rate since that's basically capped at 30-37.5% depending on Renown level.

The aiming speed and a few skills would probably have to be tweaked or nerfed a bit to make it not too overpowered, but just think about it...

Edit: Or the base hit rate could be based on distance so as to not make range reforged bows too OP bein able to hit at near 100% rate with over 3.5k range....

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited August 20, 2017
    Ive always been flustered by the fact archery is crippled by aim and no other skills are. In other games you simply load the arrow and shoot if your close enough you hit if not you miss so you have to adjust your distance between you and the foe to get a clean shot. With distance reforges and upgrades that can improve how far away you can stand to still hit. I know a lot of negativity will come from this but Id say make it like real archery where distance is the main factor and you hit based on how far away something is like how guns function now. Guns you dont have to aim and they always hit when in range so archery should follow same principle. Aim system has always been broken and honestly I dont see a fair way to fix it which will reflect having perfect or near perfect aim at master ranks which seems logical. Would a master archer miss their target when it is in sight and range? I would think not so this system needs a major reworking.

Short answer remove aim and make it based on the distance between you and the target to determine if you actually hit. The greater the distance the higher the chance of missing within reason. Distance related reforges and upgrades would increase how far away the target can be while still granting a perfect hit.