Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Dungeon RE:Fine Update and the Beauty Update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69447/patch-notes-october-7th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Advancement Test Tips and Tricks

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @ShouK
    ShouK wrote: »
    Just wondering since I don't want to waste money and time in the future. You know how healing is a reliable test to test lag/connection/ping, and people who experiences lag heals much, much slower? It's pretty pathetic when I see how fast other players heal in game as opposed to mine. Is it possible to get dan ranks?
    Have you disabled Nagle's Algorithm? ~ http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/64048/#Comment_64048

Yes bruh I live in Asia.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,645
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @ShouK
    Just wondering since I don't want to waste money and time in the future. You know how healing is a reliable test to test lag/connection/ping, and people who experiences lag heals much, much slower? It's pretty pathetic when I see how fast other players heal in game as opposed to mine. Is it possible to get dan ranks?
    Have you disabled Nagle's Algorithm? ~ http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/64048/#Comment_64048

Yes bruh I live in Asia.

Dat ping. -pat pat-
  • Narutofire18Narutofire18
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    My magic dan guide is essentially complete (just missing one video!). I've compiled a playlist for all of the magic dan tests, here:

The link to the guide document is in the playlist's description, and the description of every video in the playlist. Good luck everyone!
    AndrewGRlceCream
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Is dan defense also pure luck? :|
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Gaea wrote: »

Unfortunately... yeah.
    Knowing enemy attack patterns is important, but it still comes down to luck most of the time- hope you don’t get hit with a crit, hope they use defense more often, etc. I would also use counter just as often, because defense cooldown doesn’t reset and you don’t want to take any damage at all.

What I remember doing was shredding through the first wave, because gargs and gremlins are aggressive little buggers. And they hurt.

The second wave is risky, too, because poisonous snakes, but they also are point city, because they only either normal attack or use defense. The dog dudes (I forget what they’re called lmao) are fickle, so I usually just try to eliminate them.

For the third wave, WM a large cluster, but target the melee sahagins. They’re more likely to use defense and normal attacks than the archers.

For Lycanthrope, same deal. Defend thr normal attacks, WM/Counter until it uses defense then smash. You get around ~4500 points for ~1500 HP, so I would say 8K points at the end is safe. A few times, I would finish with 7.5K points, but was a little below 1.5K HP, so I would end with 11.9K points or some other BS. XD

Anywho, good luck on the test! Hopefully the stars align for you, too, haha
    Imaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    My counter kills with one shot. :|
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited October 10, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

Mostly yeah, since you have to rely on mobs using defense a lot for tons of points. Someone mentioned that you get around 5k points extra if you have a full HP, so you'd have to estimate getting around 7.5k-8k points (aim as high as you can get but that's the minimum)

Don't rush to the boss since I never got to the boss and managed to get dan 3. Gargoyles and gremlins always hit your defense at first aggro (99% of the time) and sometimes uses defense. Windmilling them helps with aggro control (and I recommend not danning WM first)

Poison snakes uses defense a lot, so I usually WM them first and pray I don't kill them (if you do kill them, it's probably better to reset. It's where I got massive points from). If the gnoll starts to aggro you, focus on the gnoll (the snakes usually take some bit to load defense anyway)

Sahagins are simple. Windmill a group and the melee fighter usually is the first one to aggro you.

Just remember there's always other skills to use like counterattack and WM if your defense isn't fully done with cooldown.
  • DevilHunterDevilHunter
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    edited May 17, 2019
    does anyone know a good way to get S rank in Dan 1-3 Charge for an elf?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    does anyone know a good way to get S rank in Dan 1-3 Charge for an elf?

Have excellent internet speed, and pray that the RNG is on your side.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,720
    Holy mother of necro bump.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,530
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Necromancy at its finest.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Necromancy at its finest.

Yeah and...where are the mods? I reported this thread DAYS ago. 9dnGeIh.png
  • LepeltjeLepeltje
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Yeah I'm just going to close this, sorry for taking a while to see it. It is a good resource thread but really new questions need to be placed in a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.