Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Advancement Test Tips and Tricks

Comments

  • ImlostImlost
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Posts: 50
    Member
    Has anyone done dan 2 for magic craft? For some reason when i get the Bhafel Huntress as my final task I CANNOT craft it. The arrows they sell at the npc apparently don't register as arrows? You can't auto add your mats it tells you that you do not have enough despite having all you need, and if you manually put it in the moment the arrows are added your crafting screen goes blank as if no item qualifies the use of arrows. :s
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Posts: 104
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    Yea that's a recent bug that happens outside of the advancement test as well. No Huntresses for the time being. Unfortunately you have to leave and retry the test until you get Chasers instead of Huntress.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,870
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to get even close to S on the dan tests for potion making let alone SS on dan 3? I'm getting so frustrated with this test because it's literally the only thing that's gonna keep me from getting dan 3 in all life skills for that enchant. please tell me someone found a way to actually do it?!?
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to get even close to S on the dan tests for potion making let alone SS on dan 3? I'm getting so frustrated with this test because it's literally the only thing that's gonna keep me from getting dan 3 in all life skills for that enchant. please tell me someone found a way to actually do it?!?

    Awe, I wish I knew too, I've only gotten S rank and A rank on potion making dan 3 test >.<;
    The best I can think of if hoping they are close together to give them potions without wasting time. ;>.>
    Um, I guess also clicking them multiple times to get that "Give Npc potion?" window multiple times, move them away from the area, and click the OK button when it's time to just auto walk to the NPC to give them the potions. ;;>.>
    I did that once , and they were close together not wandering away too far.
    I missed it by 400 points for SS rank, and now in the tests they are always too far away >.<;;
    So much potion giving.. v.v
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,870
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    Oria wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to get even close to S on the dan tests for potion making let alone SS on dan 3? I'm getting so frustrated with this test because it's literally the only thing that's gonna keep me from getting dan 3 in all life skills for that enchant. please tell me someone found a way to actually do it?!?

    Awe, I wish I knew too, I've only gotten S rank and A rank on potion making dan 3 test >.<;
    The best I can think of if hoping they are close together to give them potions without wasting time. ;>.>
    Um, I guess also clicking them multiple times to get that "Give Npc potion?" window multiple times, move them away from the area, and click the OK button when it's time to just auto walk to the NPC to give them the potions. ;;>.>
    I did that once , and they were close together not wandering away too far.
    I missed it by 400 points for SS rank, and now in the tests they are always too far away >.<;;
    So much potion giving.. v.v

    I am kinda getting better at it each test... I just started spam clicking them with multiple windows like you suggested

    Main issue now is how much they move and how often I drop my stack of pots on the floor.....
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,315
    Posts: 485
    Member
    Pomatoes wrote: »
    Any pro Archers out there got that Dan 3 Magnum yet...? Cause I feel like it's near impossible to do. I just barely managed the 9k points needed to hit Dan 2, but now goin for Dan 3, we needa get 12k points for SS rank and that just seems nearly impossible to get unless you manage to get through without missing a single shot AND get enough crits to finish mobs quick enough to reach the Ratmen for bonus points on kills.
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Frozare wrote: »
    I don't understand. I have been doing the firebolt test, just the normal one like 7 times. I can't get above 4.5k points. I got 5.6k by luck. My attacks almost never crit, it takes my character so long to charge the spell. It's just impossible. I get stunlocked by the enemy a lot even though I only target one at a time and there doesn't seem to be a way to reset enemy ai. What am I doing wrong? I tried charging and not charging, nothing works. Oh and the WORST THING is when I use the snap cast on one of those big sprite enemies and it doesn't kill it in one shot, then I get ice speared.
    Edit: Did it 2 more times, this is just getting frustrating. My score isn't improving at all. Seems more luck based and I'm getting no crits. Fully loaded firebolts and doing 2k damage -_-.
    Ended up doing smash instead and passing it right away. I hate this...

    I agree, I don't know how exactly to go about with Firebolt Dan

    It's about how you use snap cast. Charge a snap cast before you destroy a crystal then melee attack on it. Once it gets destroyed, charge a firebolt to apply chain casting. Since skill cd resets once crystal is destroyed, you'll be able to hunt down 2 Giant Ice Sprite quickly.
    Chibisai
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 285
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Pomatoes wrote: »
    Any pro Archers out there got that Dan 3 Magnum yet...? Cause I feel like it's near impossible to do. I just barely managed the 9k points needed to hit Dan 2, but now goin for Dan 3, we needa get 12k points for SS rank and that just seems nearly impossible to get unless you manage to get through without missing a single shot AND get enough crits to finish mobs quick enough to reach the Ratmen for bonus points on kills.
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Frozare wrote: »
    I don't understand. I have been doing the firebolt test, just the normal one like 7 times. I can't get above 4.5k points. I got 5.6k by luck. My attacks almost never crit, it takes my character so long to charge the spell. It's just impossible. I get stunlocked by the enemy a lot even though I only target one at a time and there doesn't seem to be a way to reset enemy ai. What am I doing wrong? I tried charging and not charging, nothing works. Oh and the WORST THING is when I use the snap cast on one of those big sprite enemies and it doesn't kill it in one shot, then I get ice speared.
    Edit: Did it 2 more times, this is just getting frustrating. My score isn't improving at all. Seems more luck based and I'm getting no crits. Fully loaded firebolts and doing 2k damage -_-.
    Ended up doing smash instead and passing it right away. I hate this...

    I agree, I don't know how exactly to go about with Firebolt Dan

    It's about how you use snap cast. Charge a snap cast before you destroy a crystal then melee attack on it. Once it gets destroyed, charge a firebolt to apply chain casting. Since skill cd resets once crystal is destroyed, you'll be able to hunt down 2 Giant Ice Sprite quickly.

    I guess I'll try that.

    What about Fireball (if you have done that)? It's not like IS or Thunder where you can just spam 1 charge... you have to load it to 5 charges every time ._.; and you can only snap cast it 1-2 times before having to charge it up
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    Oria wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to get even close to S on the dan tests for potion making let alone SS on dan 3? I'm getting so frustrated with this test because it's literally the only thing that's gonna keep me from getting dan 3 in all life skills for that enchant. please tell me someone found a way to actually do it?!?

    Awe, I wish I knew too, I've only gotten S rank and A rank on potion making dan 3 test >.<;
    The best I can think of if hoping they are close together to give them potions without wasting time. ;>.>
    Um, I guess also clicking them multiple times to get that "Give Npc potion?" window multiple times, move them away from the area, and click the OK button when it's time to just auto walk to the NPC to give them the potions. ;;>.>
    I did that once , and they were close together not wandering away too far.
    I missed it by 400 points for SS rank, and now in the tests they are always too far away >.<;;
    So much potion giving.. v.v

    I am kinda getting better at it each test... I just started spam clicking them with multiple windows like you suggested

    Main issue now is how much they move and how often I drop my stack of pots on the floor.....

    Mhm, I hate when that happens >.<;
    I always start to panic when I drop a potion... or when I miss clicking an npc so now I'm clicking in a panic to click the moving NPC just to not drop the potion v.v
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,315
    Posts: 485
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    Chibisai wrote: »

    I guess I'll try that.

    What about Fireball (if you have done that)? It's not like IS or Thunder where you can just spam 1 charge... you have to load it to 5 charges every time ._.; and you can only snap cast it 1-2 times before having to charge it up

    That one is about Critical (Skill CD Rest) + Mob spawning position... pretty much rng. Use your snap cast + moving casting well.
  • FrozareFrozare
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Pomatoes wrote: »
    Any pro Archers out there got that Dan 3 Magnum yet...? Cause I feel like it's near impossible to do. I just barely managed the 9k points needed to hit Dan 2, but now goin for Dan 3, we needa get 12k points for SS rank and that just seems nearly impossible to get unless you manage to get through without missing a single shot AND get enough crits to finish mobs quick enough to reach the Ratmen for bonus points on kills.
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Frozare wrote: »
    I don't understand. I have been doing the firebolt test, just the normal one like 7 times. I can't get above 4.5k points. I got 5.6k by luck. My attacks almost never crit, it takes my character so long to charge the spell. It's just impossible. I get stunlocked by the enemy a lot even though I only target one at a time and there doesn't seem to be a way to reset enemy ai. What am I doing wrong? I tried charging and not charging, nothing works. Oh and the WORST THING is when I use the snap cast on one of those big sprite enemies and it doesn't kill it in one shot, then I get ice speared.
    Edit: Did it 2 more times, this is just getting frustrating. My score isn't improving at all. Seems more luck based and I'm getting no crits. Fully loaded firebolts and doing 2k damage -_-.
    Ended up doing smash instead and passing it right away. I hate this...

    I agree, I don't know how exactly to go about with Firebolt Dan

    It's about how you use snap cast. Charge a snap cast before you destroy a crystal then melee attack on it. Once it gets destroyed, charge a firebolt to apply chain casting. Since skill cd resets once crystal is destroyed, you'll be able to hunt down 2 Giant Ice Sprite quickly.

    Thanks for trying but it doesn't help me too much. I did 2 more times with this didn't get above 3.5k. I think I found out the problem though thanks to you. My snap cast is lvl 9. I had no idea your skill lvls matter, I thought it did the same lvls for everything. So snap cast has a long cooldown for me. My magic weapon mastery isn't maxed either, it's 4 so maybe maxing it will make the difference? Oh and I don't have spellwalk yet so mine is at rank F.
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Posts: 17
    Member
    Wall of text incoming regarding Dan 3 Magnum Shot! :>

    Just finished Dan 3 Magnum Shot on a human character. Getting a SS Rank seemed impossible at first, but it isn't. Like others have said, it's pretty luck-based in that you have to pray for crits and lots of hits at ~40%.

    Anyways, you need at least r1 Urgent Shot and r1 Crash Shot. Doing a few Dan tests with Crash Shot may help.

    Some people say to use crossbow, some say bow, I say use both. The perks of a bow are the increased range, and thus, increased aim speed. Use that when the targets are relatively close.
    The perks of a crossbow are running with mag loaded. This helps close the distance with monsters so you can aim for less time. I would only switch between weapons during the cooldown of magnum.

    On the first wave, try to prioritize the tiny gremlins. Those buggers aggro fast and usually die to one magnum. Also try to prioritize anything near you for this first wave, because these guys are aggressive. Only use magnum and urgent shot for this wave.

    For the second wave, try to open with a crash shot on a wisp that is floating in a cluster of monsters. That should reduce their HP to lessen the magnums needed to take them down. Afterwards prioritize the flying swords, their health is lower and should prevent double aggro.

    On the third wave, again, open with a crash shot. All these fish are rather tanky so just choose one in the center of a cluster. This time, keep trying to use crash shot on monsters in the middle of clusters, then kill them with magnum. The crash shot frags bring the sahagins to alert status but not aggro status. Magnum as necessary.

    If you've done well so far you should have a solid minute left. Try to end the sahagin wave with your character away from the center of the arena. Congrats, you've made it to the rats! Magnum frenzy and hope you get 12k points.

    I didnt have to pick up any potions during the test. The second time I passed, I just sat there for 15 seconds because I was out of stamina but over 12k points, so I guess consider picking up stam pots, haha

    Good luck on the tests you guys o/
    PolicromaNerdyliciousImaizumi
  • CwalkerCwalker
    Mabinogi Rep: 335
    Posts: 5
    Member
    A little piece of advice that helped with my pot making test. Use arrow keys/WASD to move instead of clicking. If you misclick the name and start to move to drop the potion you can hit an arrow key and it cancels the drop.

    You can also move while the menu is up that asks if you want to use a potion on the person, which can help if they start running, as you can follow them as you are spamming them with potions.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,170
    Posts: 903
    Member
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »
    Wall of text incoming regarding Dan 3 Magnum Shot! :>

    Just finished Dan 3 Magnum Shot on a human character.

    899999ff1b.jpg
    So dumb I can snooze and get this or better but magnum shot is like hell on earth as a human lol I would have thought it impossible if you hadn't said you got it.
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Can I get tips on the Dan test for the bolt magic, I tried running Lightning bolt but it does diddly squat for damage and my enemies often charge over to me in the time I take to them, am I suppose to use something like fusion bolt to weaken them before using lightning bolt?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,260
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Can I get tips on the Dan test for the bolt magic, I tried running Lightning bolt but it does diddly squat for damage and my enemies often charge over to me in the time I take to them, am I suppose to use something like fusion bolt to weaken them before using lightning bolt?

    Usually you can just spam single-charge lightning bolt, but that can be a problem if lag prolongs your charging time and slows your attacking.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Just want to confirm, I'm currently Dan 2 Magic Craft, but has not mastered the skill yet. I can still get the master title by fulfilling all the requirements at Dan 2 right?

    Is it also possible to take the Dan 3 test, while still keeping my training progress so I can keep on training to master the skill?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,260
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    ShouK wrote: »
    Just want to confirm, I'm currently Dan 2 Magic Craft, but has not mastered the skill yet. I can still get the master title by fulfilling all the requirements at Dan 2 right?

    Is it also possible to take the Dan 3 test, while still keeping my training progress so I can keep on training to master the skill?

    Yeah, the training is lost on rank up, not on taking a test.

    So since Dan 3 is the highest rank, you can't rank up, so you'll never lose training exp at that point.
    Testing aside, you can earn the Master title if you get full training on any of those ranks, rank 1, Dan 1, Dan 2, or Dan 3.

    So if you decide to fully train on Dan 2, you'll earn the master title the same as if you had decided to get it at rank 1, or Dan 1, or if you decided to wait til after you got to Dan 3.

    I've decided to get up to Dan 3 before trying for the master title.
    Mostly because this event is ending in a day or two, and it'd be easier to get Dan 3 NOW and wait til another 2x training event to actually work towards the master title.
    Kokoro
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I've decided to get up to Dan 3 before trying for the master title.
    Mostly because this event is ending in a day or two, and it'd be easier to get Dan 3 NOW and wait til another 2x training event to actually work towards the master title.
    But if you get Dan 3 now, you would have to re-do all the 85 exp you have already did to get the master title. Isn't it better to master at Dan 2 first and then ranking up to Dan 3?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    Should I rank up my windmill to dan 1 and 2 before messing with combat mastery. Getting real pissed off not making it any farther than 10k for SS.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,260
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Should I rank up my windmill to dan 1 and 2 before messing with combat mastery. Getting real pissed off not making it any farther than 10k for SS.

    Technically, it should.
    It'd deal more damage, thus letting you kill things faster, thus letting you get more points a little more quickly in the Combat Mastery test.

    But I feel like you'd still need either a really refined technique or a lot of crit luck anyways.
    Felice
This discussion has been closed.