Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dan tests are unbalanced and unfair

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »
    I mean, that's kind of the point of this test. As someone who wants to Dan rank Flame Burst, you have to know that Flame Burst damage scales with HP.

HP scales flame burst very minutely. It definitely makes a difference to your damage in the exams, but you really shouldn't start that low. I went into the exam today, started with 500 HP, and was crit smashed by a shadow warrior for 560 damage. I died within seconds of starting the exam due to a combination of bad luck, and my counter skill not loading when I pressed the key. (Lag spikes actually kill)
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »
    I mean, that's kind of the point of this test. As someone who wants to Dan rank Flame Burst, you have to know that Flame Burst damage scales with HP.

HP scales flame burst very minutely. It definitely makes a difference to your damage in the exams, but you really shouldn't start that low. I went into the exam today, started with 500 HP, and was crit smashed by a shadow warrior for 560 damage. I died within seconds of starting the exam due to a combination of bad luck, and my counter skill not loading when I pressed the key. (Lag spikes actually kill)

Ouch. That must have been pretty annoying. :c

True enough, though. I have had instances where I die almost straightaway because of skills not loading properly or completely freezing for 10-15 seconds. I suppose they should change it to 50% of your max HP, so that any potential one shot crit would always send you into deadly, as opposed to killing you outright.
  • SyaoSyao
    Mabinogi Rep: 345
    KR got a ninja update that NA didnt get which allows you to charge Shuriken without choosing a target. Sure wish we got that for dan 3 Shuriken Charge.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Syao wrote: »
    KR got a ninja update that NA didnt get which allows you to charge Shuriken without choosing a target. Sure wish we got that for dan 3 Shuriken Charge.

It's not like it'll help the test significantly.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    aren't the new skills the easiest dans

we should make a ranking of easiest to hardest
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    I just wasted 2mil gold spamming dan 3 smash fails only to ultimately be robbed of my daily test anyways, this is so stupid, completely RNG, if too many enemies aggro u or the enemies ai happens to never have them use defense or have them sue counter constantly the test is literally impossible, and I failed anyways just now because as I was literally 1 single smash from 12k points with 5 seconds left when 5 sahagins at once just HAPPENED to aggro me at the last second and swarm me, all spamming normal attacks to pin me into a corner til the timer ran out, this is un believable, exactly none of this bullshit half assed piece of garbage depends on skill with smash, its all about if you get lucky with aggro or not, also, why the does smash have a bonus it cant even use, the only way resetting smashes cooldown can even be something that can be used is if u have like r6 or lower smash, which if ur taking the DAN SMASH TEST, u clearly do not, maybe if I had a bonus that actually worked at all this test might be managable, but instead im stuck wasting mils of gold in the hopes that the RNG decides NOT to me out of my entire bank account, revamping useless old abandoned content so its relevant is nice and all, but this is insane, there is no possible way they tested any of this even once, because if they had tested it they would have realized that SMASHES BONUS DOESNT WORK, honestly, thats so insanely obvious that it looks like they had someones toddler make the smash test
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I'm convinced that bears are stupid and they deserve the extinction that's coming to them.
  • yessireeyessiree
    Pannya wrote: »
    discovering hidden mechanics?, learning?, i dont know if the people who are saying that are trolls or just nexon workers spreading misinformation, the mayority of dan tests specially dan 3 require luck, only luck and nothing more than luck, koreans have no imagination or creativity, they just rng everything, here is where the localization should apply but looks like na staff dont care about it, to hell with this content, until i see a fix i am not going to do it ever again, and about the gold, ppl can spend over 1m per day trying to get a good score, which most of the time never happens, and 1 more thing, why we only have 5 minutes?, we dont have the same internet speed than korea genius!!! >.>

Sure, there are certain rng elements with dan tests, and sometimes you felt cheated because luck just isnt on your side. What do you do? Throw in the towel and admit defeat? Or keep trying because you realize nothing is ever pure "luck" (except lottery)

There are plenty of people in NA with dan 3 titles. Are we going to start attributing them as "all luck no skill"? Or as players who have dedicated countless hours devising and perfecting strategies to achieve a singular goal?
    lceCreamTheNyanCat
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Pannya wrote: »
    do you even play this game?, the servers are extremly bad, there is lag sometimes even on no market channels, the adv test revamp was made for kr only (kr internet speed only), we got no localization adjustments here at all, the dan teste are actually unbalanced and unfair here.

Youmustbenewhere.jpeg

This game was not created with tanky players in mind, we were originally glass cannons essentially. Even warriors with armor and shields were decimated by simple mobs if they were careless, there was no shield master or armor mastery or 1k+ hp. I know lag will screw you over at the worst time and rng crits only add salt to the wounds but if you're lagging so badly to the point where you can blame lag and only the lag then maybe you shouldn't be playing at all, at least not until your connection stabilizes.

And yes I am aware that Kr players can reach speeds significantly higher than Na players can even hope to get, this is made painfully obvious with the Gunner talent. Kr players shoot nearly twice as fast and Na with no speed modifiers and basic attacks just feel sluggish compared to them, but we still use them. This game is not unplayable even though we play a game that was designed with the server next door in mind, hell the Eu players have it even worse. Their version of the game just up and died on them and now they play with the server that's literally on the other side of the planet riding on a cool 200+ ping most of the time, yet I still see Eu players running around and they're doing just fine.
    yessiree
  • yessireeyessiree
    Pan wrote: »
    Syao wrote: »

It's not like it'll help the test significantly.

Charging without selecting a target gives you the flexibility to target any mob that happens to aggro you next. Far better than predicting the next aggro or switching targets too late
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Blortad wrote: »
    I just wasted 2mil gold spamming dan 3 smash fails only to ultimately be robbed of my daily test anyways, this is so stupid, completely RNG, if too many enemies aggro u or the enemies ai happens to never have them use defense or have them sue counter constantly the test is literally impossible, and I failed anyways just now because as I was literally 1 single smash from 12k points with 5 seconds left when 5 sahagins at once just HAPPENED to aggro me at the last second and swarm me, all spamming normal attacks to pin me into a corner til the timer ran out, this is un believable, exactly none of this bullshit half assed piece of garbage depends on skill with smash, its all about if you get lucky with aggro or not, also, why the does smash have a bonus it cant even use, the only way resetting smashes cooldown can even be something that can be used is if u have like r6 or lower smash, which if ur taking the DAN SMASH TEST, u clearly do not, maybe if I had a bonus that actually worked at all this test might be managable, but instead im stuck wasting mils of gold in the hopes that the RNG decides NOT to me out of my entire bank account, revamping useless old abandoned content so its relevant is nice and all, but this is insane, there is no possible way they tested any of this even once, because if they had tested it they would have realized that SMASHES BONUS DOESNT WORK, honestly, thats so insanely obvious that it looks like they had someones toddler make the smash test

I got tired just trying to read this block of rage text and I realized there weren't any periods for the first 4 lines, then I realized the only punctuation are comas. There isn't even a period at the end, just one long string of rage-y text.

It's clear you're mad at the absurd difficulty of the test, I just went "nope" after one try and moved on because it was evident it was not made to be passed and forgotten on the first try like the first two ranks. I just hope you didn't just pull a ton of money from the bank and just blew it all in a single sitting because one bad experience might affect your performance on the next attempt and the attempt after that and at that point you're just on auto pilot grinding out until your wallet gives on you. Even with the rng factor trying to brute force your way through the test by doing the same thing over and over without a the slightest change in strategy just is not a good idea, that's the legal definition of insanity to my knowledge.
    lceCream
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    One thing is to fail because you're underskilld, underranked or plain bad.

But losing to something you absolutely, undeniably have no control over, and never will, is just bad. (Healing)
    That's not even a test of skill anymore.
    lceCream
This discussion has been closed.