Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Is bandit hunting broken or is this a feature?

LewnaJaLewnaJa
Mabinogi Rep: 975
in Help
There's always been days where I go bandit hunting and I'm getting bandits left and right and raiding homesteads and getting tons of XP. But then, there's days like today, where literally every single bandit I see on the ground disappears the moment it's supposed to activate.

What does this even mean? Is this a glitch that Nexon has neglected to fix or is there some sort of hidden feature behind this? Is this server lag? I just wanna know so I can stop wasting my time (and x2 xp potions).

Comments

• TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    It happens to me as well. Some people say it's just bad timing, but it's virtually impossible for bandits to despawn after less than a second several times in a row. It must be some kind of server-sided error.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 2, 2017
    It might be because the servers haven't been restarted lately because of the holidays. When that happens, spawns have a tendency of acting up.

The Music Appreciation Campaign is set to end on the 3rd. So perhaps we'll have a maintenance on the 4th.
    Erydanos
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Everything in Mabi is a feature!! Why would you ask such a question?!? The spawn problem is well known and as stated above will like be cleared up with the next server restart.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Messed up forum is a feature too that was supposed to be fixed "soon" xD!
  • LeineiLeinei
    Remember, this was said before the holiday, Greta. XD
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 2, 2017
    Yeah, they could have fixed it up before that because i know it happened before holidays... Or is Nexon having no time to even do that now? Oh wait... Duh...
  • LeineiLeinei
    Well, remember, they would probably have to request the fix from the forum host company, so I imagine it depends on them too.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    They already broke the new forums?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited January 2, 2017
    LewnaJa
    LewnaJa said:

They already broke the new forums?
    A user took advantage of the ability to use html tags. They had to shut them off until they could fix it so they couldn't be exploited the same way. Once they have them limited to prevent the same thing they will turn the html tags back on.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    QUOTE-
    LewnaJa
    LewnaJa said:

There's always been days where I go bandit hunting and I'm getting bandits left and right and raiding homesteads and getting tons of XP. But then, there's days like today, where literally every single bandit I see on the ground disappears the moment it's supposed to activate.

What does this even mean? Is this a glitch that Nexon has neglected to fix or is there some sort of hidden feature behind this? Is this server lag? I just wanna know so I can stop wasting my time (and x2 xp potions).
    -END QUOTE

Actually, I've noticed when the bandits disappear like this, the outlaw you are pursuing is about to be caught. Meaning another player is in the outlaw's homestead fighting them. More often than not the message "the outlaw has been captured " pops up after a bit. You might still manage to get to fight one or two spwans of bandits though. However this is not always the case. Sometimes it is just a glitch of some sort. Changing channels/outlaws and/or changing locations fixes this sometimes.

Anyhoo, this is just my theory based on what I have observed. I do outlaw hunting a lot (often times it's all I do on a typical day lol).
    LewnaJa
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Wow you get to see the blasted things? I don't even get to see them. I can run around for a straight hour and see absolutely nothing.

Iv'e said it's been broken for months, but no one believes me due to them being able to fight them every few minutes.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    edited January 2, 2017
    "Actually, I've noticed when the bandits disappear like this, the outlaw you are pursuing is about to be caught. Meaning another player is in the outlaw's homestead fighting them. More often than not the message "the outlaw has been captured " pops up after a bit. You might still manage to get to fight one or two spwans of bandits though. However this is not always the case. Sometimes it is just a glitch of some sort. Changing channels/outlaws and/or changing locations fixes this sometimes.

Anyhoo, this is just my theory based on what I have observed. I do outlaw hunting a lot (often times it's all I do on a typical day lol)."

I've actually been suspecting the same thing. I chose a low-profile target to test my theory and it still did the exact same thing. I'm pretty convinced it's just Nexon's fault as usual.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Lol yeah sometimes I don't even get to "see" said bandits when pursuing. Also I was wondering when looking at the info for the outlaw you are about to pursue, or are currently pursuing, the "number of people pursuing" does this number include the players inside the outlaw's homestead with/without the outlaw being home?
    I'm guessing it doesn't.
  • ZalkinZalkin
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    None of the above statements are actually whats happening. Whats happening is that the bandits you see that disappear when you get close, were spawned by a players doing commerce, and spawned so long ago that they naturally de-spawned, however the image of them remains until someone gets near them. you can test this out yourself by doing commerce from dunbarton to port cohb. pay attention to the bandits that spawn. then go into outlaw mode. the bandits you see will be the exact same ones that spawned why you were commercing. coincidentally spawning them by commercing between dun and cohb is an easy way to farm the hell out of them.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Please do not necro old threads.
This discussion has been closed.