Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Looking for Dan 2 -> Dan 3 Thunder Advice

RaintheswordRainthesword
Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
edited August 27, 2017 in Help
Ok so getting past the Orbs is generally do-able although sometimes the spawns will appear on top of me and survive 5 charges of thunder camping me in a corner but the real issue is the golems that come after the three spawns, No matter what I do they always delay me and I just make it to the second golem at 7-8k points when I need 12k to get Dan 3. How do I deal with the golems? they just charge me in the time my thunder is taking to rain down on them or even through my thunder all while im running from it with spellwalk and charging thunder as much as possible. So any tips? (failed today thinking the damage that is added to your points would be a bit but all of my damage up to the second golem only amounted to a few hundred points).

I have tried reloading over and over (5 times) hoping for a golden layout but it doesn't matter, its the Golems that are the issue.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The way I do it is

Charge up 5 manually (hopefully) and zap
    Then snap cast 5 and zap
    from there, spam single charge to keep him busy getting knocked down.

The key really seems to be to spam single charge thunder to repeatedly knock the golem down.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited August 27, 2017
    Yeah. With Golems you just needt o knock them down repeatedly, just like with Ice Spear.

This is why Icebolt is impossible. It has no knockdown.
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
    edited August 27, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The way I do it is

Charge up 5 manually (hopefully) and zap
    Then snap cast 5 and zap
    from there, spam single charge to keep him busy getting knocked down.

The key really seems to be to spam single charge thunder to repeatedly knock the golem down.

It still eventually walks through the thunder and attacks me, i've also tried using counter as well but that both wastes time and cancels out some of the thunder.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Use Defense instead. And if anything, just take the hit, because the last hit of Thunder will 90% of the time knock down the target.

The other 10% is when the last thnder hits them at the same moment it's already knocked down, canceling it's getup state.