Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

General Respect/Handling Grief

Comments

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    There's two sides to every story.

Look, if knowing what happened is REALLY THAT IMPORTANT to you, make an alt, jump on Tarlach, and ask around.
    No really, ask around. Channel 7. Could even find me if you want.
    Believe me, this isn't the 2 sided story your little imagination is thinking up.
    I would say more, but I would rather be CIVIL and NOT DROP NAMES.
    ↑ This double-talk is literally saying there is another side of the story you would rather not talk about.

You just dont understand..you could ask anyone in tarach..you could ask anyone in the world. And 90% of them can point out one bully or another. It just so happens that its happening here in this community and it shouldnt be. Tarlach is small. Its more concentrated. You need to stop. You're hiding behind a screen and defending people that hurt people for laughs. At this point you are exact proof of what this discussion was meant to be about.
    You said it's not about a specific person. Nilrem suggests that it is. Whose lying?

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

Look, if knowing what happened is REALLY THAT IMPORTANT to you, make an alt, jump on Tarlach, and ask around.
    Believe me, this isn't the 2 sided story your little imagination is thinking up.
    ↑ This double-talk is literally saying there is another side of the story you would rather not talk about.

You just dont understand..you could ask anyone in tarach..you could ask anyone in the world. And 90% of them can point out one bully or another. It just so happens that its happening here in this community and it shouldnt be. Tarlach is small. Its more concentrated. You need to stop. You're hiding behind a screen and defending people that hurt people for laughs. At this point you are exact proof of what this discussion was meant to be about.
    You said it's not about a specific person. Nilrem suggests that it is. Whose lying?

Neither actually. I know that sounds confusing, but this is another part of why I can't mention anything.

This is also sort of why I want you to just message me in game for the full story, mostly about who this troublemaker in question is.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555

You're not listening. Its only a small number of people in tarlach. You would have to be blind to not see who is doing what. She said this. She said she could point out multiple people. Which we have all insinuated from the beginning. You are literally the only person that thinks it is one person.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Liyeta wrote: »
    -insert psychobabble here-
    I do believe I said, "Neither was I."
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    doesnt matter who started it, or who ended it.
    - if someone blocks you, and you continue to send them notes then you are harassing them.
    -unless their sending you notes back that isn't "stop noting me or ill have to report you" which doesn't sound like the case.

To be honest they need to fix note sending so you cant message people you blocked or got blocked from can message you.
    The problem with this equation is the person being blocked gets no notification of this (unless the person blocking them says something). If they don't know you blocked them, it's not really fair to report them for "talking to the great almighty you". ~ There's two sides to this story.

So you should know how to act accordingly instead of making a clown out of yourself.

Really if you want to know the full story then making a scene here is not necessary.

Go to tarlach, find the person, and ss your convo with the said person here.
    You clearly don't know how to read English (or something).

↑ This is literally saying there is another side of the story they would rather not talk about here.
    Random? Look. Perhaps I need to be more information heavy on you.

OP? I know him in game. Troublemaker mentioned? Also know him in game.
    You literally can't be a jerk in Tarlach without 80% of the server knowing.

Just hop on for story time and save everyone the trouble.

I do know how to read "english". Thank you for asking.
    But do you know how to read and comprehend sentence written using alphabet and english language ?

This thread is asking for suggestion without pointing names to specific person. To make it more clear, both person involved are intentionally left out from the loop. The point of this thread is about the behaviour and not the person i repeat its not about the person involved.

You are here pointing fingers without any consideration and demands things that people here intentionally left out from their post.

They are nice enough to tell you how to get the rest of thr story but you choose to make a scene here and rate people post with troll rating and mock other people post.

Mind you its not just just one person, there is a few people here telling you to go to tarlach if you want the rest of the story.

Some of us here have no intention of doing that and just want to see other perspective on what people do in op situation. We respect the op and will not ask about the person nor ask any further about the story since that is not what this thread is about.

Is that clear enough for you to comprehend ?

NilremParadoxLostIyasenufoussiremixSherriXiokunAtaraxizChibiMegu
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    plus your not on topic... the topic is how to re
    Also I literally cannot mention anything about this troublemaker, as even the slightest important detail will make it so obvious that it might as well be name dropping. Which is also against forum rules. Hence why I want to just pass the information in game.
    That's not what i called double-talk (what's the matter with you people). You said it's not about a specific person (it's "random"). You stood up for the "randomness of this thread", and then immediately after, you implied not wanting to divulge into details about the specific person this is in fact about. So tell me another fairy tale.

im not standing up for anyone. i simply stayed on topic, which was "My question to the community is what do you do? When blacklisting doesnt block notes and reporting will only get them a temporary ban at most, how do you handle the grief and disrespect and keep it from bothering you too much? Do you stand up for the person being attacked or do you keep your head down and walk away?"

My answer was simply that if your getting notes after you blacklisted them, then you can report it. :T
    If Paradox ended up harassing someone they black listed or black listed them, then thats when paradox is most likely able to get reported. +++No matter who started it.+++
    Your issue is your still stuck on a much smaller picture. which is "whose this person?" and "did you start it?"
    Ataraxiz
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle

You're not listening. Its only a small number of people in tarlach. You would have to be blind to not see who is doing what. She said this. She said she could point out multiple people. Which we have all insinuated from the beginning. You are literally the only person that thinks it is one person.
    It's clear you're not reading other posts. You should do that. -- It's also clear there is more than one side to this story.

Whether or not the other side of the story is told here tonight is irrelevant ... -- There still is one.

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Whether or not the other side of the story is told here tonight is irrelevant ... -- There still is one.

If you just jumped into the game from the start I could have told you the entire story by now.
    I'm not joking. It really could have been that simple.

Instead of solving the problem, the one you made but you won't ever view it that way because protagonist syndrome, you just continue in an endless cycle of accusations.

I came back to this thread to help you and clear up misinformation forming in your mind.
    Apparently you can't even work with that. So I shall take my leave.
    Sherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle

If you just jumped into the game from the start I could have told you the entire story by now.

Instead of solving the problem, the one you made but you won't ever view it that way because protagonist syndrome, you just continue in an endless cycle of accusations.

I came back to this thread to help you and clear up misinformation forming in your mind.
    I made it my own by asserting it takes more than one person to argue? or you made it mine by proving it?

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555

I made it my own by asserting it takes more than one person to argue? or you made it mine by proving it?

You did indeed prove it takes two people to argue. I see that now very clearly. Congrats. Now go argue by yourself because as far as I'm concerned and i think most can agree with me. We are done helping you prove your own points.
    Sherri
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne

even if you both argued, if Nilrem black listed you in mabi, and you continued to message them, they still have the abillity to report you :)
    the forum of course is different. so even though you proved that it takes two to argue. it takes 1 person to END a argument.
    HardmuscleSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017

even if you both argued, if Nilrem black listed you in mabi, and you continued to message them, they still have the abillity to report you :)
    the forum of course is different. so even though you proved that it takes two to argue. it takes 1 person to END a argument.
    That's absolutely true ... except the in-game report is broken, in that, it (itself) doesn't let the player know they've been blocked.

• TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    edited August 29, 2017
    sending a ticket still reporting. which is what i said in my first ticket.
    [edit] which is a much more effective method
    [second edit] i also said someone can walk up to you and just spout w/e they wanted and black listed you without you saying anything. and they could still send a ticket reporting you, if you messaged them after them telling you not to message them.
    thats why i dont believe arguing matters....
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017
    I said this in my first post (or rather I implied this would have been better off dealt with in a ticket). :)

• TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    I said this in my first post (or rather I implied this would have been better off dealt with in a ticket). :)

the person didnt know, they said everything BUT sending a ticket. thats why i clarified. - thats why this post exists.. even if its a real argument, the issue of the post is "what do i do about it" and the person name wasnt mentioned. you dont say "send a ticket and take the post down". its clear written post without names, about how to solve an issue they didnt know how.
    its "touchy" but its irrelevant.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 29, 2017
    [second edit] i also said someone can walk up to you and just spout w/e they wanted and black listed you without you saying anything. and they could still send a ticket reporting you, if you messaged them after them telling you not to message them.
    thats why i dont believe arguing matters....
    Sometimes reporting people can get you banned too (in-game mostly). If (for example), you think (for some reason) reporting someone first gives you a blanket pardon for everything you said to that person ... (yeah .. that's right .. reports go both ways.. -- so keep the chins clean).

the person didnt know, they said everything BUT sending a ticket. thats why i clarified. - thats why this post exists.. even if its a real argument, the issue of the post is "what do i do about it" and the person name wasnt mentioned. you dont say "send a ticket and take the post down". its clear written post without names, about how to solve an issue they didnt know how.
    its "touchy" but its irrelevant.
    Read my first post (on Page 1), directly below yours. :)
    It takes two or more people to argue. There is no such thing as a one person argument (unless you're mentally ill, of course). I cannot (nor should anyone else) answer your question properly (or even legitimately) without knowing both sides of the story (there is no such thing as a one sided story). I am sure this person chose the other person for no reason at all, and I am sure you could have asked for this information in the form of a ticket or in private to a parent or a friend close-by; as opposed to in front of a public audience serving no purpose outside of fanning the flames.

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    This thread...

s-a4bd0e2100a091129b08331b49bf7ca46ba032e1.jpg
    Hardmuscle
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    edited August 29, 2017
    Okay... Time to grab popcorns again...

yNiBv8S.gif

Logged in seeing 70 unread posts, had to prepare this gif asap before entering this lol.
    Hardmuscle
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,535
    Are we done now? My lord..

My advice; if a person who you have been in an argument is sending vile notes, do not hesitate to screenshot and send a ticket.
    Many have said this before but it's what you should do if it escalates to that.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,940
    edited August 30, 2017
    I would say confront, but this is not real life. Lacking someone quite capable of laying a balled fist in your face makes the ideal of assertion far harder when the person is so pathetic to dedicate this much time to tormenting a person they do not know, nor actively perceive as "human". Some may not care for this, having faith in their impunity, and on my years on the internet, some cannot be reasoned with, or even hold themselves accountable when the banhammers start swinging.

It may work, just do not put faith in it. In the first place, I find it better to avoid.

Jeez, I never took this thread as being sided at all. It merely mentioned harassment, but made no mention to the In Game Names, but as a general discussion on how to handle such a concern, which does happen, mind you. Does. It is more akin to a hypothetical than any on sided self defense presented.
    SherriNilrem
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,060
    I'm confused. :/

Let's just make a better blacklisting system.
    SherriTheDumbOneSphyra21
This discussion has been closed.