Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you even enjoy mabi anymore?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    @암호 We can use special characters in our forum names? O_o;;;
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    edited January 8, 2017
    Definitely starting to enjoy Mabinogi again - Music Q update makes the game feel much more sociable, plus I love the Renown system, free instruments is always a bonus. I probably won't stay for an extended amount of time, but, I'll enjoy whatever time that will be.

**EDIT**

As for how - You could always go ahead and socialize with people, while it is a bit difficult just join Music Sessions or try and just get around. If people make a big deal about you actually going ahead and 'butting' in on conversation, just leave them be. Not worth the time. Either that or start setting goals for yourself - Let it be within setting a total level score.. Or completing carpentry or something.
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,085
    Hardmuscle

@암호

I actually wasn't referring to what you had said. My reply was directed at the OP and their feelings about a lack of new content. But now that we're on the subject of what to do and what not to do (Game Design 101), there are a ton of examples of 'what not to do' in Mabinogi.

While Mabinogi is an excellent game for its age, there isn't very much I would promote repeating in future game design. ☺

(aside from mechanics) ...
    Completely understandable. This thread is a bit hard to read sometimes. Also, nice hidden text. I had my name in Korean as a way to keep myself under the radar in this new forum. You very well likely do know me from somewhere. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I am just 5 months old in Mabi so I enjoy gaining achievements little by little. Once I mastered everything though I'll probably quit since there will come a time that I will be bored playing solonogi. But that could take a while lol

This is the first time I'm addicted to a game this long, it's almost been half a year that I addictingly played this. It's so addicting I'm feeling guilty to play as I still have other real life responsibilities.
  • TwlnTwln
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    암호
    암호 said:

Hardmuscle

"3D" Game Content Creation is a lot harder than, I assume, most people can even begin to imagine. This is most especially true when the game engine being used is more than a decade behind the times and cannot always keep up with the expectations of a "modern gamer".

If you're looking for the most modern graphics and the effects you see in recently developed games, you will not find it here, no matter how many coders they hire. ~ At least not before a complete overhaul and reconstruction of the game into a modern 3D engine.

Example: Real Time Physics. ☺
    I was referring to the mechanics. I am well aware that a vastly more advanced game, say Final Fantasy XV will have much more complex mechanics, graphics, and engine. Hence why I said Game Design 101 -- the basics of what (and what not) to do/is possible.

I'm litterally getting my degrree in visual communication. I know exactly how hard it is and what effort must be taken. The real issue here is the community is self-destructive and unwilling to accept fixes. Then complain why the game is so broken / empty. On the bright side, their self -destructive comments are a nice laugh before leaving in 5-8mins lol