Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Auction House & Dressing Room

SheraleSherale
Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
edited August 20, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I wanted to make this post as a suggestion but also to see how the rest of the mabinogi community took to my idea or even ideas of their own.

But I strongly wish that it would be possible to either:

A ) Open the Dressing Room while in the Auction House so you could see if you own the outfit/accessory you might be looking to buying

or

B ) Have an option in the Auction House that if you click on a clothing item or accessory, that it would tell you the item is currently also located in your Dressing Room

Option A would provide the ability to look at both without needing to open and close both tabs repeatedly and go between them to see if you own the particular item. The second would provide the ability to do so without even needing to open the dressing room at all. And I know this doesn't solve any trouble on the idea if you own a particular weapon, hand accessory like the pillows, or even the clothing items that won't go in the Dressing Room, but it feels like it's truly needed.

What do you all think?
  1. Would you like a combination of the Dressing Room and Auction House?12 votes
    1. Yes, option A sounds good
       8% (1 vote)
    2. Yes, option B sounds good
       42% (5 votes)
    3. No, not particularly
       50% (6 votes)
    4. I like the way things are set up now
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Other [please reply with your idea!]
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Why not just close the AH, open the dressing room up, check for the item, then open AH back up again? We don't really need a feature to cut out 15-30 seconds of checking.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Are there a lot of clothes for sale in AH?
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515

There is a fair amount yes. The clothing one in Mari at least has 27 pages, hat/wig 19 pages, etc, I'm not going through all of them.
  • SheraleSherale
    edited August 15, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Why not just close the AH, open the dressing room up, check for the item, then open AH back up again? We don't really need a feature to cut out 15-30 seconds of checking.

Well it can take quite a bit more than 15-30 seconds.
    It basically starts as this:

I open the Auction House -> Open the Armor tab -> Click on Clothing -> Sort Lowest to Highest Price -> Find an item I like -> I want to buy it but now I'm unsure if I own it. This game is rather old and currently the Dressing Room states that there are 1096 outfits alone for men & women. 624 are just female alone, my preferred character gender. Remember, this number is only for clothing. This does not include the other 4 tabs of the Dressing Room.

Now I have to click through every collected outfit I have [if I set it to that view] and hope to maybe see the item, or not. I can run into the chance that I don't see it, buy the outfit, but oops? I actually did have it, but I overlooked it. This is simply because of the amount of outfits I may have, or even the lack of thought.

Such as due to this outfit that I found and want came out in a new event, I feel it'll be in the later/higher numbers of my Dressing Room, but in actuality, it's a rather old outfit and it could be in the lower digits in the Dressing Room lot number.

And yes, I could use the search feature, but even that is not perfect. I've tried searching for things and either have misspelled it, need the whole correct name, or it just can't find it because the Dressing Room has its own bugs.

To do all of that would mean much more time for me, and hassle.
  • SheraleSherale

There is a fair amount yes. The clothing one in Mari at least has 27 pages, hat/wig 19 pages, etc, I'm not going through all of them.

I agree with Kingofrunes. Currently in the Tarlach server, there is 21 pages for clothes, 16 for hat/wig, etc. It is indeed a lot of pages to sort through. Especially if you find an item you like, have to close to go to your dressing room, then reopen to repeat the process to find it again.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If there was a way to open dressing room like inventory where you can have side by side in AH then that would help.
    Bronzebreak
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited August 15, 2018
    It would be nice to open them side by side, yeah, but that solution would further prolong the real problem, which is a cumbersome UI for Auction House and Dressing Room (and the whole game, really). I vote yes for the side by side option, because it's a lot more realistic to implement that than reworking the entire UI. Additionally, the side by side thing could benefit other multi-tasking scenarios.