Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Defeating the Ulgarms...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in General Chat
Is like randomly succeeding in dan tests. Suberu is so mushy and you get agroed to hell really fast. Let the rage begin!
Helsa

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 16, 2018
    I'm probably dropping this one. It's ridiculous. Out of 10 runs i was lucky just 1 time.
    LongSlyGoldtiger01
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited August 16, 2018
    Get juggled around away from the guy, he gets juggled around away from me. The useful skills are at the far end of the quick bar (0, -, = ) instead close to where my fingers are to control the character. It randomly changes between ice magic and chain skills...

By pure fluke did successfully 2 out of my first 5 tries, like on the edge of failing.

And I thought the Alban Knight chapter was frustrating!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    AT LEAST GIVE US FREAKING WINDMILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am done with this event. Nope.
    JazmynLongSlySherriHelsa
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited August 16, 2018
    It's stupid.
    LongSly
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    AT LEAST GIVE US A DIALOG AT THE START OR SOMETHING SO I COULD SET UP THE SKILLS PROPERLY! REEE!
    LongSlyJazmynCrimsọnRadiant DawnSaiMoroaicaKingofrunesImaizumiKaiwythPankoodaand 5 others.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    At least give us a chance to set our quickbar as we like it instead of pre-set with passive skills and boom you're in the thick of it with useful skills spread out...

At least the ice magic skills have their own quickbar (ctrl+4) but the chain skills don't other than on the first one.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Is it as frustrating as Subaru's experiences from the anime? This may have been intentional... The madness...

EnormousGraveBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Easy cheese I find works most of the time, make sure you kill one doggo and RUN RUN AWAY, until Subaru is out of sight, doesn't always work, but kinda okay for me.
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    At the start, kill the everything but 1 doggo that aggro Subaru so that pushes him away and you just stay and soak all the spawns.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Oh boy, can't wait to see how this goes for me...
  • NeirennNeirenn
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    Lots of multi-aggro.... and a weak npc to protect. Ok, fine. Doable with the right set of skills, but oh wait we get poor skills and the skill bar is setup different every time, and of course there is no time before the wolves begin to attack to study, and/or rearrange your bar so its more comfortable/familiar for you to fight with.

Good grief, give us a minute or 2 to load the skillbar. If I'm going to be fighting an extreme multi-aggro situation I need to know exactly where and which skills are on my skill bar.
    LongSlyKiruahSherriSphyra21offwithyourheadsTwelie
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If there was only crisis escape available.
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited August 16, 2018
    This is frustrating.. the heavy multiaggro with randomised skills and hotkeys is making it impossible.
  • acoldwallacoldwall
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    So what's the real goal here? Skip the event and grind passes till next week's event hoping it'll be easier? :D
    Radiant Dawn
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited August 16, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    AT LEAST GIVE US A DIALOG AT THE START OR SOMETHING SO I COULD SET UP THE SKILLS PROPERLY! REEE!

I only did 1 run so far. I spent the whole run using M1 and trying to figure out what skills were where. D:
    I HATE not having my own hotbar set.

Shocked I even beat it. I didn't really do much other than get aggroed and tossed around.

EDIT: Doing another run. It seems it is just pure RNG. Didn't have any chain skills, just magic..
  • acoldwallacoldwall
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    edited August 16, 2018
    Sai wrote: »

I only did 1 run so far. I spent the whole run using M1 and trying to figure out what skills were where. D:
    I HATE not having my own hotbar set.

Shocked I even beat it. I didn't really do much other than get aggroed and tossed around.

EDIT: Doing another run. It seems it is just pure RNG. Didn't have any chain skills, just magic..

Yeah seems like it's between chain slash and magic, it's easier with magic because of ice spear spam - i just look for the skill immediately and began spamming it, works well
  • MoroaicaMoroaica
    Mabinogi Rep: 805

Boy, have you said what was running exactly through my mind... including the all-CAPS rage! :rage:

Having a computer desk made of glass is a real test of my patience. This stupid RP event forced me to turn the game off before I put my fists through it. :lol:
    GretaKensamaofmari
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    So far with running this mission it seems like it's better to just use your normal attacks and use Chain Crush/Ice Spear for crowd control if need be.
    PlatinaKoki
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited August 16, 2018
    Load Ice Spear as soon as you get in if you get that skill set. Dorcha Conversion+Chain Sweep with the other skill set. So long as you get most of the aggro of Subaru then it's alright.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Syaohart wrote: »
    Load Ice Spear as soon as you get in if you get that skill set. Dorcha Conversion+Chain Sweep with the other skill set. So long as you get most of the aggro of Subaru then it's alright.

I'll keep this in mind and try it when I get home