Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Defeating Hasidim is Doable

MizukoMizuko
Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
in General Chat
tNcSP8Q.jpg

It takes a lot of high Crusader Skills, Sub-Skills, and Teamwork to execute it right.
Callanthe

Comments

• CallantheCallanthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    edited August 16, 2018
    Nice!
    I still didn't manage to find a group to raid with, so I'm jelly af :D
    (but I don't have that much time to play lately, so hopefully it will happen one day)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Did like 8 successful runs last Thursday. Just requires focus and knowledge.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited August 16, 2018
    Mizuko wrote: »
    It takes a lot of high Crusader Skills, Sub-Skills, and Teamwork to execute it right.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

I don't know what I was expecting. Just something more... expansive here? Tips, walkthroughs, suggestions?
    MizukiHayamaSherriHellkaizerAeolysTweliePandaninja
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Mizuko wrote: »

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

I don't know what I was expecting. Just something more... expansive here? Tops, walkthroughs, suggestions?

Yes, that would be nice. I know the Mari Raid discord has been hard at work trying to figure it out. Think they had a google spreadsheet.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited August 16, 2018
    I don't know what I was expecting. Just something more... expansive here? Tops, walkthroughs, suggestions?
    Tips:
    Try to keep up as many debuffs as possible for Blade phase. He has massive damage reduction.
    You can use evasion to avoid his super slide dash attack thing, and his blue spirit balls if you know how to time for that.
    Put people in mini squads that have three people, each doing one Crusader skill. Try and stay close together. If you're knocked away from your Shield when hasidim jumps, Shield yourself.
    When someone gets chosen to be life drained, everyone should focus mainly on attacking Hasidim, but also try to heal the person being drained with as many clouds as possible. A few dedicated healers help a lot too.
    Having high subskill levels in your Shield goes a mile and a half.
    There are certain channels where Hasidim's jump lasts waaaaaay longer than it should. This can lead to a decrease in the time you're allowed to use Spike and Blade when it hits the ground.
    BlissfulkillKingofrunesSherriCallanthePandaninja
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    No one ever said it was not doable.
    ShouKGreta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Sub-3 deaths, just gotta get that done 3 times for weekly.

Eventually there'll be sub-5 minute runs too.

It's good to see that Hasidim's already getting completed more and more steadily.

I still really hate his Trial of Pain attack.
    It always feels like a tossup whether the high HP crystals are broken in time or not.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Gotta be damaged a little then life drain the high HP crystal. I've been in a sub-5 minute run but my party did most of the heavy lifting tbf.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Tips:
    Try to keep up as many debuffs as possible for Blade phase. He has massive damage reduction.
    You can use evasion to avoid his super slide dash attack thing, and his blue spirit balls if you know how to time for that.
    Put people in mini squads that have three people, each doing one Crusader skill. Try and stay close together. If you're knocked away from your Shield when hasidim jumps, Shield yourself.
    When someone gets chosen to be life drained, everyone should focus mainly on attacking Hasidim, but also try to heal the person being drained with as many clouds as possible. A few dedicated healers help a lot too.
    Having high subskill levels in your Shield goes a mile and a half.
    There are certain channels where Hasidim's jump lasts waaaaaay longer than it should. This can lead to a decrease in the time you're allowed to use Spike and Blade when it hits the ground.

To compound on this, if you're not used to using Anchor Rush, then get ready to.
    Bring bandages in case a life-drain target needs to be bandaged for dailies; also, allowing Hasidim to succeed with his life-drain attack gives him the same buff Girg gets when he grabs and throws someone successfully.

With Blade, focus on ranking Binding Needle. 6 bladers with Binding Needle Level 15 actually pins Hasidim down for a considerable amount of time. Since he can get up so easily, have one person blade immediately after spikes with a high Binding Needle, and begin to apply RI/SS after the first blade.
  • SlugFillerSlugFiller
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    *Rechecks the post date to make sure*

This is from 2 days ago. Hasidim was defeated on Alexina the day it was released, more than a week ago. Why is this presented as some sort of milestone, or something exceptional?

I don't mean to disrespect your victory. Good work. It does indeed require good teamwork. Or just plain a good a team.

But as Pan said above, no one ever said it was not doable.

The real milestone would be finally getting the regular randoms to beat it on a daily basis. A lot of the current HM girg ring-runners still don't even have evasion, and need to be brought up to speed.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    SlugFiller wrote: »
    *Rechecks the post date to make sure*

This is from 2 days ago. Hasidim was defeated on Alexina the day it was released, more than a week ago. Why is this presented as some sort of milestone, or something exceptional?

I don't mean to disrespect your victory. Good work. It does indeed require good teamwork. Or just plain a good a team.

But as Pan said above, no one ever said it was not doable.

The real milestone would be finally getting the regular randoms to beat it on a daily basis. A lot of the current HM girg ring-runners still don't even have evasion, and need to be brought up to speed.

Tarlach also beat it on day 1.

Also, define "regular randoms"
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    PUG party. Daily reset party.
  • SlugFillerSlugFiller
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    ShouK wrote: »
    PUG party. Daily reset party.

Yes, exactly that. So far, the daily reset peeps were only able to get it down to around 45%. It's not lack of ability, mind you, it's just that less than 30% of the regulars want to stick for Hasidim after they're done with their Girg dailies. And they're not willing to do more than 3-5 test runs to actually learn it. Worse yet, since the crusader exp event ended, even the Girg regulars count was cut in half.

So, really, getting a team is the hardest part.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Focus, patience, discipline.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    SlugFiller wrote: »
    It's not lack of ability, mind you, it's just that less than 30% of the regulars want to stick for Hasidim after they're done with their Girg dailies.
    I think if someone creates a Hasidim party immediately after Girg, people will join. But I haven’t seen anyone do that except on the first few days Hasidim was released.

Also I disagreed, it is the lack of ability unless you only recruit strong/tanky daily regulars. The first and last pug run I joined, my shielder and bunch of other people has so little mana that he died when the shield phase failed despite having mana shield on. And some people don’t even have evasion.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    I can't define "regular randoms" as such, as regular participants obviously stop becoming "random" after a set point.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited August 20, 2018
    Mari actually had a day 1 clear as well. They mostly just kept to themselves. The thing with Hasidim raids is that it requires a much more organized team than your normal easy/normal raid group. Everyone needs to be shielded, the spikes have to be on point and land their spikes at the perfect moment and the margin for error is tight, even compared to Girg VHM. So yeah, Hasidim isn't something you raid easily. It's meant for players with high proficiency in the crusader skills and can be organized into battle groups.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Mari actually had a day 1 clear as well. They mostly just kept to themselves. The thing with Hasidim raids is that it requires a much more organized team than your normal easy/normal raid group. Everyone needs to be shielded, the spikes have to be on point and land their spikes at the perfect moment and the margin for error is tight, even compared to Girg VHM. So yeah, Hasidim isn't something you raid easily. It's meant for players with high proficiency in the crusader skills and can be organized into battle groups.

From what I heard, I think Ruairi was the only server without a day 1 clear. Tarlach easily got a day 1 clear.
  • knightoneknightone
    Mabinogi Rep: 885

Hasidim.jpg

We can sometimes kill Hasidim with 2 blade sets. There are four different groups on Mari who regularly run Hasidim. If we combine our strengths then we can get Hasidim with less than one blade set.

When the servers are merged we will get know each other better and will know our capabilities first hand.