Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Defeating the Ulgarms...

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Syaohart wrote: »
    At the start, kill the everything but 1 doggo that aggro Subaru so that pushes him away and you just stay and soak all the spawns.

The problem with that is stupid suberu walks right back up to the spawn area. >_<
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »
    Syaohart wrote: »
    At the start, kill the everything but 1 doggo that aggro Subaru so that pushes him away and you just stay and soak all the spawns.

The problem with that is stupid suberu walks right back up to the spawn area. >_<

Doing what Subaru does...
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited August 16, 2018
    For magic: I'm trying out just letting Subaru take all the aggro by hiding behind him at the start of the RP while I load Ice Spear and spell walk. That way I can freeze more enemies at once. I still need to do a lot more to see if I can get my success rate up.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I don't understand.... I succeed almost every single time. You just use normal chain attacks and only use chain impale if there's a big wolf. Don't waste your time charging magic or anything because that's just more time the wolves have to aggro. attack them instantly when they spawn and try to kill them all before the next spawn. the problem is you're allowing too many to be spawned at one time
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Once the initial shock of "No time to set up hotkey bars" wears off, and you realize that for the most part you only ever need the basic attack, then you'll succeed a lot more.

This is basically "Keeping Up With The Spawn Rate: The Game".
    Policroma
  • ArandelLeigholdArandelLeighold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    edited August 16, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    I don't understand.... I succeed almost every single time. You just use normal chain attacks and only use chain impale if there's a big wolf. Don't waste your time charging magic or anything because that's just more time the wolves have to aggro. attack them instantly when they spawn and try to kill them all before the next spawn. the problem is you're allowing too many to be spawned at one time

Have you ... actually ... done this event? You don't get magic and chain skills at the same time. It's one or the other. And you can't control how many spawn. You just get about six dumped on you every five seconds or so, and they almost immediately aggro and start spamming attacks, smashes, and counters giving you almost no time to respond, and if you have chain almost no chance to attack since counter shuts that one down if you are spamming basic attacks.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited August 16, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »

Have you ... actually ... done this event? You don't get magic and chain skills at the same time. It's one or the other. And you can't control how many spawn. You just get about six dumped on you every five seconds or so, and they almost immediately aggro and start spamming attacks, smashes, and counters giving you almost no time to respond, and if you have chain almost no chance to attack since counter shuts that one down if you are spamming basic attacks.

Yes I've done the event

N5sA5b0.png

Almost done, in fact. When they first spawn they DON'T instantly aggro actually. I can dispatch almost the entire spawn (unless there's a big wolf) before they start aggroing and another spawn comes. you just use normal attack, not skills. You'll want to use a skill if a bigger wolf spawns. When you get the setup that has no chain skills just attack the big wolf as fast as you can. I kinda don't like that you just assume I don't do the event. :| Really the only time you need to actually use a skill is either to kill a giant wolf or sometimes crowd control if too many spawn at once
    Well you sorta did say "don't waste time charging magic" and "use chain impale" as if you believed both of those are options every time ...
    Greta
  • ArjuneArjune
    no that was 2 separate tips I was giving
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I can see where the stupidity lies in this part of the event. But if you keep your trigger finger on the = key to ready up 2 charges of Ice Spear, or the key for Dork Conversion, it might go a little smoother.
    edited August 16, 2018
    Ugh ... ****** ... after trying to just spam attacks ... it does work. It's not exactly smooth, but the success rate is there.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Another tip I can give is try and watch which wolves aggro first. if one is running at Rem try and kill it first because it will knock her back and keep her from getting to the wolves attacking Subaru. If you get a giant wolf in a run where you have no chain impale just attack it normally as fast as you can because odds are you will get attacked and cancel any magic you try to charge anyways. you're bound to fail a few times, but I have like a 90% success with just normal attacks and a few skills thrown in if things get especially bad. if subaru has more than 2 wolves on him and you have chain sweep then by all means use it :P
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited August 16, 2018
    Okay ya that wasn't too bad. Failed once and got 4/5 cause I got aggroed too much and pushed away. I just spam hit away with the chain and was fine most of the time.
  • NeirennNeirenn
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    Getting there, working on the last big set of 9 now. Basic attack is the way to go. I don't even bother with magic, so if I get that set the skill bar doesn't mean a thing. If I get the chain skill set, then yeah the occasional chain sweep or spinning slasher for large groups of wolves with counter up. Still would be nice to have a chance to set the skill bar though so I don't have to reach across the keyboard to hit the 0,-,= keys to use the occasional skill with.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    My strat is simple: pray i get ice spear.
    if i get ice spear:

SPAM ICE SPEAR.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited August 16, 2018
    2/10

Pros:

- You can RP as Rem <3
    - Can get free stuff

Cons:
    - Subarus's HP is too low
    - Can't configure hotkeys
    - Skills are not even R1
    - Randomized Skills
    - Insane wolf spawn rate
    - This part wasn't tested (?)

Tried and failed 5 times... Im out.
    2eq6o94.gif
    GretaKaiwyth
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited August 16, 2018
    Why would they put the hotkeys of the useful skills all the way to the far right of the keyboard?!
    GretaRadiant Dawn
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Why would they put the hotkeys of the useful skills all the way to the far right of the keyboard?!

The default keyboard bindings in RP missions have always been on the screwy side, although for Korean keyboards they're probably just fine.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Sheena wrote: »
    2/10

Tried and failed 5 times... Im out.
    2eq6o94.gif

did you try any of the tips given in this thread? it's not hard ._.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    edited August 16, 2018
    It's actually easy.

My strategy is to use Subaru as a shield for multiaggro while killing wolves near me before killing wolves towards Subaru. Just spam normal chain blade attacks with the right timing.