Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Animal Anomalies

MusicatMusicat
Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
edited June 29, 2018 in Mari Chat
I just don't know... I'm telling myself. Well, a single (or a couple of) photo with the bear are certainly not worth taking the forum's resources, so let's make it a thread for abnormal yet cute (nah, who am I trying to fool, everything in Mabi is cute) animal occasions. The first will be... Just look at this poor curious Brown Grizzly Bear Cub, who's stranded up the town wall in Dunbarton (Channel 1, 6:45PM GMT+3).
gUDZ-dojo1Q.jpg
qxVsyPbn880.jpg
At first, I didn't understand what was happening. I left my sleeping fox near my kiosk and went to take a shower, then had some tea, and that's when I heard occasional roars. As I've never seen any wild animals near this wall side, I've thought that someone's brought an animal here by getting its attention, but I've found nobody around. The second thought was, it may be a transformation/emote someone's performing behind the wall (inside the town), but vision angle manipulations showed that it wasn't true as well. And then I saw him cute bear roaring at me from atop the wall, performing Defense and Smash skills without an opportunity to actually reach me. Some time later he just disappeared.
Please post screenshots of similar occasions that took place near you!
P.S. I'm sorry for all the technical mess... I keep forgetting how to hide the interface parts while making a screenshot.
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    edited July 6, 2018
    LOL my guild did this to you x'D We lured them into Dunbarton for kicks and giggles just because its fun watching people stop and stare... LOL I find it amusing that it ended up here!

• MusicatMusicat
    edited July 11, 2018
    @Ataraxiz, no idea how you did this, because they all have their pursuit range.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    It was most likely done with the music skill Enthralling Performance, although I know you can also tame if you're a Dark Knight.
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Enthralling_Performance#Details
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Control_of_Darkness

Unfortunately, most of the time I've seen mobs brought into Dunbarton is just due to someone trolling and wanting to cause grief to other players who may be afk, especially during afk events. Any time I see this happen in game, I normally kill the mobs. Smh.
    Kensamaofmari
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Here's a (probably not abnormal, but) "cute" animal occasion. I took a picture with a Tundra Fox back in September!

Qzq37gI.png

I had to use Hide in order to not trigger its aggro. Even in Hide mode the fox kept trying to move away from me whenever I was very close to it (I suppose that has to do with the AI), so it took a few tries in order to get the pose just right.

To take cleaner screenshots, you can hide names with CTRL + N and hide the interface with the "\" (not "/") key. It also helps to turn the chat box to a channel such as Whisper (unless you're receiving incoming whispers) or Squad so that you don't see the text from that on screen.
    Musicat
  • MusicatMusicat
    Yayy, thank you, @Fluorette! That is really cute. And you have matching outfits!
    But how do you look so solid in hidden state? I'm used to seeing my character half-transparent when using it.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Musicat wrote: »
    Yayy, thank you, @Fluorette! That is really cute. And you have matching outfits!
    But how do you look so solid in hidden state? I'm used to seeing my character half-transparent when using it.

Thanks! My bad. I forgot to mention that I turned off hide right before taking the screenshot. :D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I got into a tangle with some coons years ago.
    Musicat
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited August 12, 2018
    @Kensamaofmari , how do you record a video like that, by the way? I guess I don't have the function now.
    @Kensamaofmari , how do you record a video like that, by the way? I guess I don't have the function now.

@Musicat
    That was a very old recording function.
    They moved things around since, but I think it should still be there. Press the window key while in game and see if there's a REC option.

The event in the video happened due to extreme lag back then. Weak internet and Nexon had a hard time dealing to lag issues.

@Musicat
    That was a very old recording function.
    They moved things around since, but I think it should still be there. Press the window key while in game and see if there's a REC option.

The event in the video happened due to extreme lag back then. Weak internet and Nexon had a hard time dealing to lag issues.

@Musicat Actually if you click the little triangle on the right side of your HP, SP, MP, Exp bar the record video function will be there.
    Note that any background sound on your computer will be recorded.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi's in-game recording system will only hold up to five minutes, or at least it was that way when I first used it. There's also Open Broadcasting Studio; free software you can use to record videos.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited August 16, 2018
    Thank you, @Kensamaofmari and @Fluorette. But I still couldn't find the recording function (screw my attention?)... Actually, there is a lot of free recording software, but only few of the programs work acceptably at all. The problem becomes even more vivid when speaking about Mabinogi, due to its window system and all. Does that OBStudio work well with Mabinogi?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Thank you, @Kensamaofmari and @Fluorette. But I still couldn't find the recording function (screw my attention?)... Actually, there is a lot of free recording software, but only few of the programs work acceptably at all. The problem becomes even more vivid when speaking about Mabinogi, due to its window system and all. Does that OBStudio work well with Mabinogi?

I've recorded a few Mabinogi videos using OBS. I'd say it works well, but if your computer gets choppy like mine, the footage will be choppy too.
    KensamaofmariMusicat

@Musicat Sorry I don't have a current screenshot available, but if you see the little triangle on your HP, SP, MP, Exp bar at the bottom or whereever you place it, you should be able to click it and a scroll up should pop up where you have functions like Mabinovel etc. 2nd to last would be the video record function.
  • MusicatMusicat
    if you see the little triangle on your HP, SP, MP, Exp bar at the bottom or whereever you place it, you should be able to click it and a scroll up should pop up where you have functions like Mabinovel etc. 2nd to last would be the video record function.
    Found it yesterday, thank you!
    if you see the little triangle on your HP, SP, MP, Exp bar at the bottom or whereever you place it, you should be able to click it and a scroll up should pop up where you have functions like Mabinovel etc. 2nd to last would be the video record function.
    Found it yesterday, thank you!

Welcome!
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    LKSlRF8.jpg

sure wish buffalos didnt break. its creepy.
    Musicat
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited August 29, 2018
    @BanazaiSabre , I remember seeing such a thing during the Ice Fishing event! At first, I thought it's normal that they spawn in flocks, but I never saw so many after.

And now I face the problem of videos not saving in the Video directory. :(