Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ice Wand upgrade question

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in Help
Is chaincasting +4 a good idea to get for ice wands? In most of the upgrade paths listed for ice wands, they skip the chaincasting+4, why?

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Chaincasting is definitely a good idea for wands, especially a regular ice wand as Chaincasting outshines the Artisan Upgrade, simply because casting 5 Icebolts in one cast is very useful.

The wiki is listing you all the potential upgrade paths you can take, but in my opinion, chaincasting is too good to pass up.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Thanks Korore. Another question I have is, why would someone choose the Chaincasting +1-+3 upgrades anyway? Saw someone selling a Savage Lightning Wand with a Chaincasting +3 on it, & I was like what the heck?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 17, 2017
    they probably didn't know you could skip straight to +4 and thought you had to build the chain casting up from 1. I made that mistake when I was new. some people don't know about the wiki either and the game doesn't exactly explain those upgrades properly (or anything for that matter). Without the wiki, 90% of the player base would be lost little sheep
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    If I'd have to give a good reason for it, it would be mana. Whatever they are fighting often only required three charges. So why waste the extra mana for 2 more?

Specially with lightning, it makes sense. Since Ice bolts can be used at a later time, and firebolt is usually for the one hit.
    Lightning is for Area clear and some monsters don't group up by fives.