Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No one-handed axe stance or one-handed/shield?

ArdawnArdawn
Mabinogi Rep: 730
in General Chat
Disappointing.

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Huh?
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Daggers would be nice.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Syaohart wrote: »
    Daggers would be nice.

Dual wield daggers
  • ArdawnArdawn
    TNinja wrote: »
    Huh?

The only weapons they left out were one-handed axes, and daggers. Theres also no stance compatible with shields.
  • ArdawnArdawn
    Think of all the badass animations you could make for axes and daggers. Wasted opportunity.
    Ardawn wrote: »
    Think of all the badass animations you could make for axes and daggers. Wasted opportunity.

Such as?
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    I can't remember the last time I even saw someone using a one handed axe. I'd basically forgotten they existed and apparently so did devCat.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    No Chain Blades either
  • ArdawnArdawn
    edited August 23, 2018

Such as?

For axes; hatchet tossing, blade cleaning, over the shoulder sling, axe spinning, sheathed at hip -> drawing it when you go into combat stance, and two-handing for example. Use your imagination, my dude. Not to mention real world combat stances. You could use some hyper aggro viking stuff or something.
    SherriDayton
  • ArdawnArdawn
    No Chain Blades either

Those could also lead into some pretty cool stances.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No Chain Blades either

Also no Instrument (like Lyre, Microphone, Mandolin, Flute, etc...) Stances. Sigh.
    Orkane wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I even saw someone using a one handed axe. I'd basically forgotten they existed and apparently so did devCat.

The last time someone used a gathering axe to get wood?
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    GodDad of war-esque axe animation would be nice. Could also have shield there too.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited August 23, 2018
    Iirc, these stances are from 2 years ago. So hyper outdated, and we haven't gotten them until now. That should explain why some things were left out.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    one handed axes are the same as blunt i think
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I think daggers are handled the same as swords, so. It might not look right, but they're still. Swords?

Except when you use Archer's Appearance Scroll.

How does this game work?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Imaizumi wrote: »

Sadly not, in the combat tree they give each their own mastery. Waiting for Rapiers and Scythe mastery......however long we waited for knuckles.
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Imaizumi wrote: »

Sadly not, in the combat tree they give each their own mastery. Waiting for Rapiers and Scythe mastery......however long we waited for knuckles.

Yes, there's axe mastery and there's blunt mastery. Axe seems like one of those forgotten categories. There can definitely be more axe weapons as well.

Such as?

For axes; hatchet tossing, blade cleaning, over the shoulder sling, axe spinning, sheathed at hip -> drawing it when you go into combat stance, and two-handing for example. Use your imagination, my dude. Not to mention real world combat stances. You could use some hyper aggro viking stuff or something.

No I was thinking in terms of the game, because for 1 axes are not a range weapon in the game. Why do axes have to be viking? :)
    Greta wrote: »
    No Chain Blades either

Also no Instrument (like Lyre, Microphone, Mandolin, Flute, etc...) Stances. Sigh.

Music stances would be nice.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    welp i not going to open a new thread so i ask in this 1 , does anyone know if the Cylinder Stance Card work only with1 cylinder equipped or it does work even with cylinder shield equipped?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 25, 2018
    1h stances work with shields fyi. Sword, blunt, and cylinder included
    Y0GyppU.png
    tGT9HYZ.png

Some poses have different variations depending on what you use (Ruyuefeixue's Butterfly Fan has a different pose than a mace for example, though both are 1h blunts). A few even are animated. Gathering knives and knuckles are examples of animated idle stances.
    https://i.imgur.com/9zbDTax.gifv

Also, guard cylinders have no pose by themselves but when paired with a cylinder they take on the same pose as cylinder+shield.

Daggers do the same pose as the gathering knife (animated) as I linked above.
    9AzWDUG.png

Fun fact: Wooden blades have no poses despite being "swords" the same goes for hand puppets despite being blunts I believe and some life skill tools. As stated in prior posts: instrument, chain, 1h axe, and 2h blunt/axe (for human/elf) are not included.