Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Remove the Inability to Take Partner Items

HigaHiga
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited August 24, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
This is a ridiculous thing, we already paid you money for the characters, there is literally no reason but greed to have this restriction. And no, I'm not going to toss over money every time I want to repair my partners equipment.

Yes there are some idiot whales and you're just loving their stupidity, but all it does for me is make me not want to support your game and give you a big flip off.

Partners costing is whatever, same with gacha I guess for the most part, it's a free game, but this is just idiotic to make people pay just to repair their .
You can buy full games off steam for the price of a single Partner Trade Unlock Potion.

This is worse than EA and Activision levels of anti-consumer.
KensamaofmariTHICCthighssavelivesSherriPectyl

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited August 24, 2018
    It's only 2.9k NX. Roughly 3 dollars. I wanna know how good these steam games you can buy are if they're around that price. Would it be nice if we didn't have to use trade unlocks? Yeah, but I doubt Nexon will do anything about it.
    Pierozek
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    You can buy Partner Trade Unlocks from other people, it can be traded once.

On a side note, as much as we love to mock Nexon, it isn't anywhere near as bad as EA.
    SebastianGretaSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I mean, I'm inclined to agree.
    Partner items being bound to their inventory feels like a thing they did just to invent a use for Partner Trade Unlock Potions.

I wish Repair NPCs could at least repair a partner's items if you had them summoned when talking to them.

Or heck, even add in a "Partner Repair" button, sort of like how Healers have the button to specifically heal your summoned pet.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    please a partner repair
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Even if the items are bound to the partner, they should at least allow us to repair it in the partner's inventory.
    SherriBronzebreakGremm
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Even if the items are bound to the partner, they should at least allow us to repair it in the partner's inventory.

Yeah, it could be simple as summoning a partner out and walking over to the repair NPC who can repair both your items and your partners.
    It could be a system where an icon is presented next to the items of your partner to let you know it belongs to them.
    Maybe they could also add the ability to bless and dye partners' items.
    It's just silly how we need to take their items just to do this stupidly simple stuff. All we should need those Partner Item Unlock Potions for are taking items from them, not doing maintenance on them so they can wear them again. -_-

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »

Yeah, it could be simple as summoning a partner out and walking over to the repair NPC who can repair both your items and your partners.
    It could be a system where an icon is presented next to the items of your partner to let you know it belongs to them.
    Maybe they could also add the ability to bless and dye partners' items.
    It's just silly how we need to take their items just to do this stupidly simple stuff. All we should need those Partner Item Unlock Potions for are taking items from them, not doing maintenance on them so they can wear them again. -_-

And being effective in combat if you arm them.
    Sherri
  • KilvanKilvan
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    Syaohart wrote: »
    You can buy Partner Trade Unlocks from other people, it can be traded once.

On a side note, as much as we love to mock Nexon, it isn't anywhere near as bad as EA.

I don't think anyone is as bad as EA...

In all seriousness though, this is a good idea. We should have the ability to repair and upgrade partner items however. Just the items are still bound to the partner.
  • HigaHiga
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Sebastian wrote: »
    It's only 2.9k NX. Roughly 3 dollars. I wanna know how good these steam games you can buy are if they're around that price. Would it be nice if we didn't have to use trade unlocks? Yeah, but I doubt Nexon will do anything about it.

The Count Lucanor is often cheaper than that.
    LiEat
    Blackguards 2
    Knights of Pen and Paper 2
    Reigns: Her Majesty
    Curse of the Assassin
    Obscure
    Cleansuit
    Stray Cat Crossing
    Kio's Adventure
    Mad Father
    The Little Acre
    Sally Face
    etc etc

Just looking at my steam wishlist. Also before you say anything, all those games look pretty damn good actually.

Anyway the point is: We shouldn't have to pay any money at all just to repair their equipment (irl money)
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited August 25, 2018
    I think you need to stop with the rudeness in your post first before asking suggestions. I am sorry but do you honestly think your suggestion is going to be taken into any consideration when you call a company greedy, call people with money 'Stupid' and take with such anger. Come back when you can ask nicely. Come back when you understand how a free game works. Come back when you understand the meaning of greed. It's proven that asking kindly and politely gets things across more than posts with rudeness and no understanding.
    GretaSebastian
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 26, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I think you need to stop with the rudeness in your post first before asking suggestions. I am sorry but do you honestly think your suggestion is going to be taken into any consideration when you call a company greedy, call people with money 'Stupid' and take with such anger. Come back when you can ask nicely. Come back when you understand how a free game works. Come back when you understand the meaning of greed. It's proven that asking kindly and politely gets things across more than posts with rudeness and no understanding.

Yeah i agree. I was about to support this post since i agree that Partner Trade Unlocks shouldn't exist in the first place, but after i saw the rudeness of the OP i changed my mind and decided to not support it. Can't take anyone seriously who is calling everyone else greedy and stupid.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Higa wrote: »
    This is a ridiculous thing, we already paid you money for the characters, there is literally no reason but greed to have this restriction. And no, I'm not going to toss over money every time I want to repair my partners equipment.

Yes there are some idiot whales and you're just loving their stupidity, but all it does for me is make me not want to support your game and give you a big flip off.

Partners costing is whatever, same with gacha I guess for the most part, it's a free game, but this is just idiotic to make people pay just to repair their .
    You can buy full games off steam for the price of a single Partner Trade Unlock Potion.

This is worse than EA and Activision levels of anti-consumer.

I'm with you, OP! This is just a predatory cash grab using psychological pressure perpetrated by greedy marketing devs upon mmo addicts and frustrated affluent gamers. This is tantamount to statutory theft.
    PierozekPectyl
  • PierozekPierozek
    Mabinogi Rep: 315
    edited August 27, 2018
    indeed adding an option to repair them while in their inventory is a good idea so +1
    As for the rant, the person above me summed it up correctly
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    edited August 27, 2018
    Lets not set the bar EA levels low, Yes Nexon is greedy, at least the Korean branch since they are probably the once that informs the NA branch of what to do next.

And for anyone playing this game casually, there is no way for them to know that there is additional payment options for an already purchased partner.

Also i know plenty of dlc with content in the form of sub stories, items and so on for that price, Steam on sales even has dlc going for even less.
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    edited August 27, 2018
    Another thing to note is that if your playing Mabinogi from a country with a much weaker currency than the dollar or euro, it's a nightmare to purchase pretty much anything on the shop.
    Sherri
This discussion has been closed.