Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Duels Shutting Down

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Blame poor business decisions.

Oh my, I'm wrong the entire game is gone, global and NA release. This make me pretty sad, it was one of my favorite card games to come out int he last decade.

I've learned to not be too attached to any mobile game.
    Well at least I can uninstall from my phone to make ever precious space.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Hmm... seems that both the PC and mobile versions are shutting down?

Steam announcement for PC version (Duel of Summoners):
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/duelofsummoners/announcements/detail/1720824385079993016

Info page for mobile version (Mabinogi Duel):
    http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us

While there isn't any announcement of the game shutting down, the Facebook page for the game (linked to here, as well as on Google Play) appears to be unavailable:
    https://www.facebook.com/Mabinogiduel/

So yeah... seems like the game is dead on both platforms.

I think that making the PC version separate from the mobile version was a mistake, since it resulted in two separate playerbases. If both versions could've played together, I think it'd help the game to survive longer.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Gaea wrote: »
    But you guys want to be special snowflakes and change the names of the games released over here.
    NA you better NOT make the same mistakes with MABINOGI Mobile, or it will DIE too. Release content as it was intended. DO NOT BUTCHER IT. :|

Thank you.

Mabinogi Mobile will be released in North America as Celtic Dreamers III MOBILE: Quest for Amulet of Truth (GONE WRONG) (NOT CLICKBAIT)
    Crimsọn
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Erika wrote: »
    Hmm... seems that both the PC and mobile versions are shutting down?

Steam announcement for PC version (Duel of Summoners):
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/duelofsummoners/announcements/detail/1720824385079993016

Info page for mobile version (Mabinogi Duel):
    http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us

While there isn't any announcement of the game shutting down, the Facebook page for the game (linked to here, as well as on Google Play) appears to be unavailable:
    https://www.facebook.com/Mabinogiduel/

So yeah... seems like the game is dead on both platforms.

I think that making the PC version separate from the mobile version was a mistake, since it resulted in two separate playerbases. If both versions could've played together, I think it'd help the game to survive longer.

If they made PC crossplaying with the Mobile, they would lose their precious "Bluetooth" trading for mobile version. :v
    But you guys want to be special snowflakes and change the names of the games released over here.
    NA you better NOT make the same mistakes with MABINOGI Mobile, or it will DIE too. Release content as it was intended. DO NOT BUTCHER IT. :|

Thank you.

Mabinogi Mobile will be released in North America as Celtic Dreamers III MOBILE: Quest for Amulet of Truth (GONE WRONG) (NOT CLICKBAIT)

Ferghus did it!
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    edited August 24, 2018
    I seriously only played one day during open beta and after a couple hours I logged off and never played again. Now if it was a MOBILE game like it was intended to be, I might be still playing it during my breaks at work. But no. Nope.

Also this was announced on August 1st...it's now the 23rd. Only now someone has noticed from this community? Yeah that's why the game is dead. But that's not the only reason.

I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent here...

Nexon NA, stop ruining the FRANCHISE. Vindictus was supposed to be MABINOGI Heroes, Duel of Summoners was supposed to be MABINOGI Duel. I've been complaining about this bs for years! People love franchises, series, ext. But you guys want to be special snowflakes and change the names of the games released over here. Did you know when Vindictus was released the Mabinogi community here HAD NO IDEA THAT VINDICTUS WAS A MABINOGI RELATED GAME. I know because a year into the game I posted a thread about Vindictus in the Mabinogi forums AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY CLUELESS. They did not know!

That alone RUINS THE EXPOSURE OF THE MABINOGI GAMES!!!

Thank you.

Okay seriously, the thing about being Clueless about Vindictus being the Prequel of Mabinogi is the Community's Fault when Legatus MENTIONS Lann, Fiona and Evie in a conversation. Your fault for not reading what NPCs say :D
    Tetosan wrote: »
    I seriously only played one day during open beta and after a couple hours I logged off and never played again. Now if it was a MOBILE game like it was intended to be, I might be still playing it during my breaks at work. But no. Nope.

Also this was announced on August 1st...it's now the 23rd. Only now someone has noticed from this community? Yeah that's why the game is dead. But that's not the only reason.

I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent here...

Nexon NA, stop ruining the FRANCHISE. Vindictus was supposed to be MABINOGI Heroes, Duel of Summoners was supposed to be MABINOGI Duel. I've been complaining about this bs for years! People love franchises, series, ext. But you guys want to be special snowflakes and change the names of the games released over here. Did you know when Vindictus was released the Mabinogi community here HAD NO IDEA THAT VINDICTUS WAS A MABINOGI RELATED GAME. I know because a year into the game I posted a thread about Vindictus in the Mabinogi forums AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY CLUELESS. They did not know!

That alone RUINS THE EXPOSURE OF THE MABINOGI GAMES!!!

Thank you.

Okay seriously, the thing about being Clueless about Vindictus being the Prequel of Mabinogi is the Community's Fault when Legatus MENTIONS Lann, Fiona and Evie in a conversation. Your fault for not reading what NPCs say :D

How could one not know when there is Ferghus?
  • TetosanTetosan

To be fair, Ferghus is kind of Nexon's new Mascot, :^)

Wasn't he always an unofficial mascot? I mean who doesn't like Ferghus? Even though he breaks your stuff.
  • TetosanTetosan

Wasn't he always an unofficial mascot? I mean who doesn't like Ferghus? Even though he breaks your stuff.

i guess he was

Also your "I learned to not get too attached to Mobile Games".... Did you by chance play Tales of Link and/or Tales of the Rays? XD
    At least that's how i learned to not get attached to a game.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

i guess he was

Also your "I learned to not get too attached to Mobile Games".... Did you by chance play Tales of Link and/or Tales of the Rays? XD

Get attached to quality games like Waifu Emblem Heroes instead.
    Good quality and balance.
    If we look away from The Reinhardt with Death Blow 4.
    KingEphy

i guess he was

Nope, but there were some mobile games that I planned to enjoy slowly, but devs seem to rush all users through the storyline and having people max out through gachas and events and then find out that their oil well is running dry, so let's end it all.
    Chain of Chronicle was one of them.
  • Neagan777Neagan777
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    I didn't even know this was a thing??? o-o
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited August 11, 2021
    The Meow has read their dialogues and doesn't remember anything about those heroes.

Was just looking for some intel.

There's still a Duel of Summoners running on steam, but The Meow isn't sure if it's still labeled with Nexon. Guess there's no way to link a former mobile Mabinogi Duel account to it now?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Musicat wrote: »
    The Meow has read their dialogues and doesn't remember anything about those heroes.

Was just looking for some intel.

There's still a Duel of Summoners running on steam, but The Meow isn't sure if it's still labeled with Nexon. Guess there's no way to link a former mobile Mabinogi Duel account to it now?

76238908.jpg
    Sherri