Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Very Sad No Card Captors for us!

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Guess what Maplestory had earlier in the year that we didn't have? and we complained?

oh yeah. Re:Zero
    GretaRadiant DawnKatherzSherriTheNyanCat
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I will buy lots for a Konosuba collab.
    I can use all the plosions I want.

Why Konosuba collab works.
    They have cabbages, we have cabbages.
    They have explosion, we have fireball.
    They have gators and a cage we have gators and cages!
    They have booze and food, we have booze and food!
    They have an eyepatch, we have eyepatches!

Konosuba also fits the settings of Mabinogi better, I think.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 30, 2018
    Still trying to understand why Konosuba is so liked. Watched the first episode and i was left with disgusted face...
    A guy tried to play hero and save a girl from being hit by truck by jumping on the road (we later learn that it was his illusion or something and it was actually a tiny slowly-moving tractor), he got shocked so much that he died while pissing his pants without even getting hit or anything. Then he meets a bare booty chick that just rofl's around at him for at least 10 MINUTES and then i can't even remember how, but all of sudden they were in town looking for a something like guild i think... Anyway, was cringing the whole time and nothing was actually funny, was feeling extremely bored and uncomfortable for a whole episode, was so glad when it ended and couldn't bring myself to continue watching it... R.I.P.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Greta wrote: »
    Still trying to understand why Konouba is so liked. Watched a first episode and i was left with disgusted face...
    A guy tried to play hero and save a girl from being hit by truck (we later learn that it was his illusion or something and it was actually a tiny slowly-moving tractor), so he got shocked so much that he died while pissing his pants without even getting hit. Then he meets a bare booty chick that just rofl's around at him for at least 10 MINUTES and then i can't even remember how, but all of sudden they were in town looking for a something like guild i think... Anyway, was cringing the whole time and nothing was actually funny, was feeling extremely bored and uncomfortable for a whole episode, was so glad when it ended and couldn't bring myself to continue watching it.

The whole point is that its a deconstruction of the whole "Summoned to a fantasy world as a hero" trope. The protagonist is a loser who died in the most pathetic way possible and the the goddess responsible for him is a narcissistic self entitled prick and their adventures begin literally because the protagonist drags her down with him just to spite her. His eventual allies are pretty much useless on their own since one of them is only good for 1 spell (that's pretty situational) and the other has some serious personality issues. It's even mentioned in-universe that the protag's team is a typical fantasy team of super strong heroes, since his party has an arch bishop, an arch mage, and a crusader, which are all really high level classes on top of them being pretty girls to boot. The deconstruction comes in because they are all totally useless including the protag himself. The protag has BELOW average stats, the arch bishop causes most of his troubles and troubles to the town and basically always in debt (she's the goddess), the arch mage is only proficient in 1 spell, and can only use it once a day and NO ONE ELSE wants her. The crusader is a masochist that can't hit the broad side of a barn that's bolted right in front of her. It's actually quite a fun watch if you're familiar with typical other world fantasy tropes since the characters are humiliated mocking the traditional archetypes.
    SherriLeineiRadiant Dawn
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    edited August 30, 2018
    Still trying to understand why Konouba is so liked. Watched the first episode and i was left with disgusted face...
    A guy tried to play hero and save a girl from being hit by truck by jumping on the road (we later learn that it was his illusion or something and it was actually a tiny slowly-moving tractor), she got shocked so much that he died while pissing his pants without even getting hit or anything. Then he meets a bare booty chick that just rofl's around at him for at least 10 MINUTES and then i can't even remember how, but all of sudden they were in town looking for a something like guild i think... Anyway, was cringing the whole time and nothing was actually funny, was feeling extremely bored and uncomfortable for a whole episode, was so glad when it ended and couldn't bring myself to continue watching it... R.I.P.

Personally can't get it either, even though I finished both seasons. It has some fun elements along the road; found the episode where they visited a city that worshiped Aqua amusing, but in rest it was just okay. I don't understand the hype, I've seen much better and funnier like Baka to Test, but I guess humor is subjective.
    I would LOVE a CCS Collab tho <3. Imagine having a Kero pet, similar to the Fox pet from Maple Story, where Kero becomes Keroberos when mounted <3.

Edit: Didn't MS have an Evangelion collab recently too? That would have been amazing here too, but not in tone with Mabi maybe? QwQ
    GretaSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Still trying to understand why Konouba is so liked. Watched the first episode and i was left with disgusted face...
    A guy tried to play hero and save a girl from being hit by truck by jumping on the road (we later learn that it was his illusion or something and it was actually a tiny slowly-moving tractor), she got shocked so much that he died while pissing his pants without even getting hit or anything. Then he meets a bare booty chick that just rofl's around at him for at least 10 MINUTES and then i can't even remember how, but all of sudden they were in town looking for a something like guild i think... Anyway, was cringing the whole time and nothing was actually funny, was feeling extremely bored and uncomfortable for a whole episode, was so glad when it ended and couldn't bring myself to continue watching it... R.I.P.

Personally can't get it either, even though I finished both seasons. It has some fun elements along the road; found the episode where they visited a city that worshiped Aqua amusing, but in rest it was just okay. I don't understand the hype, I've seen much better and funnier like Baka to Test, but I guess humor is subjective.
    I would LOVE a CCS Collab tho <3. Imagine having a Kero pet, similar to the Fox pet from Maple Story, where Kero becomes Keroberos when mounted <3.

Edit: Didn't MS have an Evangelion collab recently too? That would have been amazing here too, but not in tone with Mabi maybe? QwQ

Overall, as usual the anime adaptation misses a whole lot from the actual story due to time constraints and other factors in the production of the show. But they were able to cover up some good laughers. Personally, I prefer the 2 mangas more. They had a little bit more details from one part of the story to the next.
    MizukiHayama
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited August 30, 2018
    I literally shouted "OMGOSH! MAPELSTORY GOT A CARDCAPTOR SAKURA CROSSOVER?!?!?!??!!?" When I saw the popup when I Launched mabi.
    I want CCS on mabi TT.TT
    It'd FINALLY be a 2nd anime crossover that I would actually enjoy and know. I love CCS soooooooooo much.
    Nexon.
    We.
    NEED.
    CARDCAPTOR SAKURA CROSSOVER!

not something obscure again like Utawarerumono
    More Shoujo! (kinda tired of all the Shounen anime)
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    I literally shouted "OMGOSH! MAPELSTORY GOT A CARDCAPTOR SAKURA CROSSOVER?!?!?!??!!?" When I saw the popup when I Launched mabi.
    I want CCS on mabi TT.TT
    It'd FINALLY be a 2nd anime crossover that I would actually enjoy and know. I love CCS soooooooooo much.
    Nexon.
    We.
    NEED.
    CARDCAPTOR SAKURA CROSSOVER!

not something obscure again like Utawarerumono
    More Shoujo! (kinda tired of all the Shounen anime)

I'd guess we'll have to wait another couple years for the next one.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Still trying to understand why Konosuba is so liked
    Never heard of Konosuba. Googled it and saw it was released in 2017 lol No wonder, I'm a fan of mostly old animes, can't relate
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 30, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    can we get a collab that the main character isn't wearing a tracksuit in? I mean konusuba would be cool but if we get another track suit I'll scream.

More tracksuits. XD
    Sailor Moon crossover, hands down.

In the name of the moon, Nao will punish you (yes please)

I mean the senshi have a tendency of coming back from the dead too. It could totally work.
    ShouK wrote: »
    Still trying to understand why Konosuba is so liked
    Never heard of Konosuba. Googled it and saw it was released in 2017 lol No wonder, I'm a fan of mostly old animes, can't relate

Astro Boy, Lupin III era?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 31, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    Guess what Maplestory had earlier in the year that we didn't have? and we complained?

This is very very true.

Honestly though I am not much of a Cardcaptor Sakura fan and can easily pass this. But I guess it would be pretty cute to have a Cerberus support puppet...

Katherz liked your comment which means we are getting a crossover next year.

hue.
    Gaea wrote: »

I mean the senshi have a tendency of coming back from the dead too. It could totally work.

This is very very true.

Honestly though I am not much of a Cardcaptor Sakura fan and can easily pass this. But I guess it would be pretty cute to have a Cerberus support puppet...

hue.

Keep lobbying. We got commas done, so it works with enough community effort!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I don't know anything about Cardcaptor Sakura but I saw pics of her in MapleStory chibi mode and OHMYGOD SHES SO CUTE >u<
    Sphyra21
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Still trying to understand why Konosuba is so liked. Watched the first episode and i was left with disgusted face...
    A guy tried to play hero and save a girl from being hit by truck by jumping on the road (we later learn that it was his illusion or something and it was actually a tiny slowly-moving tractor), he got shocked so much that he died while pissing his pants without even getting hit or anything. Then he meets a bare booty chick that just rofl's around at him for at least 10 MINUTES and then i can't even remember how, but all of sudden they were in town looking for a something like guild i think... Anyway, was cringing the whole time and nothing was actually funny, was feeling extremely bored and uncomfortable for a whole episode, was so glad when it ended and couldn't bring myself to continue watching it... R.I.P.

It is basically an overall decent comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously, which utilize isekai in a manner most bereft of wish fulfillment. in comparison to the bevy of other adaptations, to a guy with a smartphone to a 94 year old Japanese war criminal being reborn as a teenager, this is pretty commendable an achievement.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited August 31, 2018
    @AesomeOne I want a CCS crossover but not Card Captor Clear Card. Original series please.
    @Skaidrojumi Sakura's friend who is always by her side and recording her would make a perfect partner. As for Sakura herself, she can stand next to Nao in the soulstream and learn about magic. The other CCS character NPCs can be in the game world trying to find Sakura, who they think is missing and in need of help.

@Maia Gundam colossus puppet! Appearance scrolls for shield cylinder and cylinder to turn them into a Gundam shield and rifle, respectively. idk anything else about gundam, sadly :(

@IAAW I can only see jojo bizarre adventure event using giant NPCs. Martial Arts talent would be a perfect fit, then add in that one ninja skill that freezes enemies in place and the doppelganger skill.
    Maia
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    @Maia Gundam colossus puppet! Appearance scrolls for shield cylinder and cylinder to turn them into a Gundam shield and rifle, respectively. idk anything else about gundam, sadly :(

I was mostly just joking but huge kudos for the effort. I'm happy with whatever we get. Most of the crossovers we've gotten, I knew nothing about before they came out. I enjoy them all though. Anime is anime and I'm just happy to see some of it coming to NA. I don't think I've ever felt like I'd rather have an anime I like over the current one because I can understand that to someone in mabinogi, this is likely a dream come true lol
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Maia wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever felt like I'd rather have an anime I like over the current one because I can understand that to someone in mabinogi, this is likely a dream come true lol

Me neither. I'd take wutever Nexon wanna partner up with since as a market player/collector U can't go wrong with any crossover. I'm just salty over NA getting shafted from other regions getting Crossovers while we're ignored. :(
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Gaea wrote: »

This is very very true.

hue.

Keep lobbying. We got commas done, so it works with enough community effort!

I guess we didn't pester them enough when it came to custom avatars then.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I still want that anohana crossover. :(
    Kensamaofmari