Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Disable use of nearly everything in OX quiz area

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
in General Chat
I don't know why some people are so determined to be annoying, but they are. This is more like the "fill up your blacklist" event.

- Disable skill use
- Disable transformations
- Disable pet summons

Yes, I know about graphics options myself, but a lot of people don't.
  1. Disable them?41 votes
    1. Yes
       63% (26 votes)
    2. No
       37% (15 votes)

Comments

• AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    It is annoying because of the lag, but I especially hate it when they are in a transformation that makes a lot of noise like golems.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited August 29, 2018
    Just get off ch1 populated channels. Problem solved.
    Sherrioffwithyourheads
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    surprised no one spawned raid bosses on peeps yet.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I don't even know what you mean by this. Just stay away from crowded channels and you should be fine.
    I'm on a pretty low channel and nothing really happens.
    Also, skills are disabled during the event.
    Icedrake
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 29, 2018
    Wouldn't be a bad idea to turn on "Minimize Nearby Characters" in the Options menu to help keep lag down. As for the griefing, reminds me of the olden days of Elves luring Giant guards into the game area and oftentimes using them as a catalyst for Mirage Missile, poisoning everyone in the game area and leaving everyone effected in Deadly status.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sherri wrote: »
    I don't even know what you mean by this. Just stay away from crowded channels and you should be fine.

You can't use skills during, people are using blade/sakura abyss right before it starts and it is actually lagging people out. With people having shops open, just switching channels isn't always an option anyway, point is things like that should be prevented rather than leaving players up to it.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    Rhey wrote: »

12312312313213321.jpg
    Too late.
    IyasenuDarkpixie99CrimsọnSplatulatedGaby5011
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's not quite the sandy shores of Connous beach, but it'll have to do.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 30, 2018
    Fun Fact: Alexina server has noisy players almost on every channel. If it's peak time there's like 90% chance that there won't be any quiet OX areas in any channel. Especially on the first week of this event.
    Some people hang out, chat, play something and goof around while waiting.

Also...
    Disable skill use? That would kill the point of this event having to "push away" Caravan Joes from correct square. I know it's kind of pointless from my perspective, since there's too many of them and most of time attacking them just messes everything up even more. I guess they need to slightly change how this event works.
    SherriNeirenn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 30, 2018
    you could always play it on a dead channel... the questions are so easy this year and mostly mabi related... just don't fall for STUPID typos like "culinary artist bag grants training exp for culinary related skills" which is false if it's BAG but apparently true because they typo'd BADGE. Like seriously... how do you leave out 2/5 letters of a word? Did they even proof read this crap?!

then again playing on a dead channel means an overrun of Joes :| idk why they insist on adding the joes every time now
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Arjune wrote: »
    you could always play it on a dead channel... the questions are so easy this year and mostly mabi related... just don't fall for STUPID typos like "culinary artist bag grants training exp for culinary related skills" which is false if it's BAG but apparently true because they typo'd BADGE. Like seriously... how do you leave out 2/5 letters of a word? Did they even proof read this crap?!

then again playing on a dead channel means an overrun of Joes :| idk why they insist on adding the joes every time now

Waiting for the day we snap and start a cannibalistic hunt for Joes.
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    Greta wrote: »
    Disable skill use? That would kill the point of this event having to "push away" Caravan Joes from correct square. I know it's kind of pointless from my perspective, since there's too many of them and most of time attacking them just messes everything up even more. I guess they need to slightly change how this event works.

Ironically, because of the disabled skills you can't use Chain Blades because the normal attack for Chain Blades is treated as a skill.
    GretaJazmynSherriKingEphy
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    IAAW wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Ironically, because of the disabled skills you can't use Chain Blades because the normal attack for Chain Blades is treated as a skill.

Same for Bows.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I have my own internet issues causing me to DC 30 seconds before each quiz starts each hour.
    But hearing raid boss summons just gives me another reason by a server merge will be bad. :)
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

...and that is a spawn zone. Oh my...
    Gaea wrote: »

Is it worse than aggro giant guards?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Well when dragons go bowling for humans, I would say it is significantly worse. =P

Well when dragons go bowling for humans, I would say it is significantly worse. =P

Maybe my constant DCs are telling me not to do this event.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I just blacklist everyone.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

You can't use skills during, people are using blade/sakura abyss right before it starts and it is actually lagging people out. With people having shops open, just switching channels isn't always an option anyway, point is things like that should be prevented rather than leaving players up to it.

it flat up crashes the game

its really annoying

also Black listing players doesnt make these effects go away either, black listed everyone i see using the crusador blade skill, still see the giant sword get casteed over and over as they try to knock people offline
    Sherri