Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"Destroy" option on perm puck support puppet

AppleChanceryAppleChancery
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
edited August 19, 2018 in General Chat
Get rid of the "destroy" option on permanent great spirit puck support puppet. Simple as that.
There's literally no reason to even have to destroy a permanent equip.
  1. No "destroy" option on perm puck support puppet56 votes
    1. Agree
       80% (45 votes)
    2. Disagree
       20% (11 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I just imagined a destroy button on one's best weapon, armor, or favorite clothing set... yikes!
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    Yeah, that's an accident waiting to happen.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    But then how do we get rid of it?
  • IAAWIAAW

By dropping it? And why would you want to get rid of a permanent support puppet anyway, even if it has a limited activation timer?
    Jazmyn
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    There was a person who really wanted the Meditation Potion to have a "Destroy" option, so there's probably someone else out there that would genuinely like to destroy this item, too.
  • IAAWIAAW
    edited August 16, 2018
    Fluorette wrote: »
    There was a person who really wanted the Meditation Potion to have a "Destroy" option, so there's probably someone else out there that would genuinely like to destroy this item, too.

Meditation Potions are understandable since not everyone wants to have to drink a potion that encourages them to sit and AFK for 36 minutes at a time just to get EXP, and to have to ignore that "buff" while the game yells at you every time you want to use the Rest skill for something that doesn't involve AFKing.

I had Meditation Potions rotting in my inventory for the longest time until I finally just drank them and dealt with the game yelling at me. So, being able to destroy Meditation Potions is understandable. Being able to destroy a support puppet is another issue since support puppets are pretty useful for revealing dungeon maps, correct orbs, etc; all things that are nice to have when you want them.

EDIT: I will concede that being able to destroy the temporary Puck puppets makes sense. Permanent Pucks, not so much.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Somehow I read temporary somewhere in this thread and forgot that it was referring to only the permanent ones. A mistake on my part. :D
    If you can actually drop it (without a message dictating that you can't), then sure, go ahead and remove the Destroy button. Otherwise, for those that want the inventory space or don't care for the puppet's usefulness and can't drop it due to the error message, then there's at least that reason for the Destroy button's existence, I assume.
  • Neagan777Neagan777
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    IAAW wrote: »
    I agree.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Isn't there a second prompt as safety net?
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Rhey wrote: »

but who would want to test that ?
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990

If you dont want it give them to me (IGN: teranozxz server:Alexina) and if u have items u no longer want send them over to me
    if u dont want to give them away sell them cheap and when i say cheap less than a million cheap
    it seems like people this days think selling something for like 10m is cheap
    im broke same as many new players who are new to the game (10m is very expensive for me i never actually got to reach that amount at all)
    ive helped some of new players that quit playing the game seeing how other players price the items
    if ur new and need some help send a note to me
    this days doing my regular price checks in shop feels a bit depressing seeing how prices are(if ur looking for certain items ask me)
    i even see some people dropping their good equipment and enchanting them
    with beginner enchants on purpose so that nobody could pick them up

if u dont want it anymore sell it cheap or look for people that actually needs it rather than throwing it away

but the real problem would be people that abuse this cheap items to sell them to double or triple prices
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    get rid of all destroy buttons and simply allow drops and/or pick up for them
    or if u want to monetize from it sell trade unlocks that does not only unlock equipment's but also items
    exclusive enchants for example, to be able to trade them it has to be enchanted on an equipment that are not always good
    and sometimes people are literally burning their gold to get the enchants they want
    (well that would make the exclusive part in those enchants useless but its logical especially since some of it are rare to obtain)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 1, 2018
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

If you dont want it give them to me (IGN: teranozxz server:Alexina) and if u have items u no longer want send them over to me
    if u dont want to give them away sell them cheap and when i say cheap less than a million cheap
    it seems like people this days think selling something for like 10m is cheap
    im broke same as many new players who are new to the game (10m is very expensive for me i never actually got to reach that amount at all)

ive helped some of new players that quit playing the game seeing how other players price the items
    if ur new and need some help send a note to me
    this days doing my regular price checks in shop feels a bit depressing seeing how prices are(if ur looking for certain items ask me)
    i even see some people dropping their good equipment and enchanting them
    with beginner enchants on purpose so that nobody could pick them up

if u dont want it anymore sell it cheap or look for people that actually needs it rather than throwing it away

but the real problem would be people that abuse this cheap items to sell them to double or triple prices

How? I'm pretty sure you are a veteran by now. I don't even farm any gold and i don't spam anything to get some, but i still manage to get few millions within a week or so without even realizing.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    By dropping it? And why would you want to get rid of a permanent support puppet anyway, even if it has a limited activation timer?
    They decided to make this puppet unable to be dropped, which would be why it has the destroy button in the first place.
    Rhey wrote: »
    The temporary Pucks have the secondary window, so I'd assume the permanent one does as well.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965

Guess what I did a few months ago with a Colossus Puppet. Yep I'm sure you guessed it right.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    The stance cards have them too, and the best thing is it's even above the activate button.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 3, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    The stance cards have them too, and the best thing is it's even above the activate button.

There is also a warning message that pops up.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Gaea wrote: »

Let's just be honest here, not everyone is going to read a pop up notice confirming to delete an item. Someone is going to be clicking things in a hurry and loss an item they didn't want. The Puck Puppets have the excuse of being unable to be dropped, but Stance Cards and quite a few newer event items can be dropped to get rid of them. It's stupid.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    If you lose your item this way you can just submit a ticket to get it back. That doesn't mean they shouldn't remove the option though.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Let's just be honest here, not everyone is going to read a pop up notice confirming to delete an item. Someone is going to be clicking things in a hurry and loss an item they didn't want. The Puck Puppets have the excuse of being unable to be dropped, but Stance Cards and quite a few newer event items can be dropped to get rid of them. It's stupid.

Yeah it's stupid, but I am just saying that they do have a warning message. Click OK on that warning message and you run a high risk of a GM not recovering your item via ticket.
    Buffalos