Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Trick to the OX event?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited September 4, 2018 in General Chat
I tried swapping between O and X while a question is being asked but the gauge in the top right didn't change but kept reflecting the situation of the side that eventually was the true answer. Have I found trick to this or am I missing something?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    I tried swapping between O and X while a question is being asked but the gauge in the top right didn't change but kept reflecting the situation of the side that eventually was the true answer. Have I found trick to this or am I missing something?

Some people have been saying this, but there's no confirmation whether it really has an effect. There's just way too many Joes.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Punching Joes does NOTHING.
  • jovazerojovazero
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Well if you leave them alone. they eventually run to the other side. almost like 2-3 tiquets its guaraanteed.
    jovazero wrote: »
    Well if you leave them alone. they eventually run to the other side. almost like 2-3 tiquets its guaraanteed.

But then there are those who run back and then new spawns as well.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    It's too much effort to stop them. Easier just to go to the correct spot and get some tickets, rinse repeat in 1 hour.
    Gaea wrote: »
    It's too much effort to stop them. Easier just to go to the correct spot and get some tickets, rinse repeat in 1 hour.

Enough people will beat them up for an average of 2-4 tix a question. You can get tix pretty quickly.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited September 4, 2018

Enough people will beat them up for an average of 2-4 tix a question. You can get tix pretty quickly.

Just got 25 tickets for standing there and no one hit a Joe even once....
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Just got 25 tickets for standing there and no one hit a Joe even once....

An average of 2.5 tix per question.
    That sounds about right.
    Jazmyn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I got the same amount of tickets constantly whenever I tried to beat them up. There was like ONE time when I got 4 by being active.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited September 4, 2018
    tricks u say, well it all comes down to one Word "JOES"
    if u cant see all joes watch the joes that enter and exit boxes and the bar at same time
    when joes enter right answer bar goes down it rises when they exit right answer
    to minimize confusion press "ctrl+n" to minimize names "ctrl+t" to minimize party

when hitting joes it takes 4-8 seconds for joes that exited the box to make a full u-turn and return to a box
    (im not 100% with this one since im only counting how many seconds along with the timer of the quiz)
    so if ur going to hit joes its much better to delay them than to kill them cause sometimes killing joes summons more joes
    (this only based on my observation but it seems like more joes spawn when many players attack joes)
    the best way to deal with them is in the last 10 sec stun the exiting joes a bit before they can make a full turn
    or simply knock the re-entering joes out of the box to the direction of the other box if possible

regarding with chain blades and other ranged weapon
    ranged attack are basically canceled and using chain blades on the joes will make u lock on to that joe and auto chase him
    its best to use melee with joes

tho i prefer to not attack joes it adds to confusion and the average chances of coupons we get usually range between 20-30 coupons
    Jazmyn
  • jovazerojovazero
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    As i said before .. leave them alone its more profit. Try to get ride of them alone its imposible , and even in a crowd , not everyone helps. 2 to 4 tiquets for question x 10 every hour. depending on the luck. at least for me sounds good.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 4, 2018
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    if u cant see all joes watch the joes that enter and exit boxes and the bar at same time
    to minimize confusion press "ctrl+n" to minimize names "ctrl+t" to minimize party

when hitting joes it takes 4-8 seconds for joes that exited the box to make a full u-turn and return to a box
    (im not 100% with this one since im only counting how many seconds along with the timer of the quiz)
    so if ur going to hit joes its much better to delay them than to kill them cause sometimes killing joes summons more joes
    (this only based on my observation but it seems like more joes spawn when many players attack joes)
    the best way to deal with them is in the last 10 sec stun the exiting joes a bit before they can make a full turn
    or simply knock the re-entering joes out of the box to the direction of the other box if possible

ranged attack are basically canceled and using chain blades on the joes will make u lock on to that joe and auto chase him

tho i prefer to not attack joes it adds to confusion and the average chances of coupons we get usually range between 20-30 coupons

You can't kill them??? At all??? No matter what you do, they only take 1 damage.

Also. So far hitting ones yielded only 1-3 tickets for me. If no one hits them, then we managed to get even 4-5.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    edited September 4, 2018
    The trick is to first press ctrl+n to disable all the clutter from names so you can clearly see the joes, then wait until there is a group of joes about to cross the center all in the same direction with no joes also crossing the opposite direction, then watch the meter as they cross to see if it goes up or down. If the meter goes up, the side the joe is entering is the wrong answer, if the meter goes down, the side the joe is entering is the correct answer. It might help you to move the joe meter to the middle of the screen so you dont have to look back and forth constantly to check. For the most part you can follow the crowd, but when in doubt, the joes never lie.

Also, thanks to disabled skills killing every single ranged weapon and every single aoe, punching the joes is totally pointless and usually just makes them stay in the square you happen to be standing in, which obviously has to be the right answer, which is where you dont want them. On top of that, they also use magic of various kinds when aggroed. This includes shockwave. A poorly timed joe shockwave can easily toss multiple ppl across the line into failure.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The best ways to get rid of Joes are 1-hit combo weapons, like Baseball Bats, Pom-poms, Machete, stuff like that.
    Or stuff that has a large splash radius, as to hit and knock away multiple Joes at once.

Then again, it doesn't really help too much, since knocking the Joes away enough to make a difference is a team effort and can't really be done alone or with just 4 or 5 people, so it's like whatever.
    Just focus on being on the right side and not getting knocked out of the correct answer by Shockwave Joes.

The Joes can only be killed in maybe the first round, if alchemists set down Hydra Transmutation and/or Shock themselves right before skills are locked.
    But dead Joes don't really do anything.
    I wouldn't be surprised if their bodies still count against the Joe Meter if they die while on the correct answer.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Not a bad idea, using 1-hit wide range weapons, but ur absolutely right that just a few people doing it is pointless. Unless u can somehow get the entire channel to actively participate in joe bashing its better to leave the joes alone so they don't aggro and start shockwaving ppl across the line with 3 or less seconds remaining.
  • mainaccountnotworkingmainaccountnotworking
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Greta wrote: »

You can't kill them??? At all??? No matter what you do, they only take 1 damage.

Also. So far hitting ones yielded only 1-3 tickets for me. If no one hits them, then we managed to get even 4-5.

I killed 4 joes using Hydra and Shock.

21054fd4ff.jpg
    Greta wrote: »

21054fd4ff.jpg

So hydra is the secret to not aging in Mabi.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 5, 2018

21054fd4ff.jpg

Uh, yeah. Dude, nice mods by the way.

• HelsaHelsa
    Some folks are using thunder on the first batch. But that just locks them into place even if you want them to move.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Okay the first batch of Joes seems to follow the same pattern each time. They mull around for a few seconds then most of them head to the O-side first. So the Joe meter will wobble a bit then definitely start to move. If you arrange your camera so that O is on the left and X is on the right, the direction that the Joe meter initially moves to is toward the correct side.