Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Error occurs while extracting

JJJJ
Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
in Technical Support
Some friends and myself are getting the error as follows:
"Error occurs while extracting.
If the problem persists please reboot and retry."

We have rebooted and the problem persists. We are all on Win10.
Are there any other computers with this issue please?

Comments

• SofianSofian
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    im also haveing the same issue and the maint is over so whats going on Dx
  • plasmidplasmid
    I'm also having this issue, but am updating from the old launcher.
  • SofianSofian
    OH i found a soulution try to download the update using Nexon luacher it worked for me just now
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited January 18, 2017
    In the launcher_log.txt file
    ----
    panel text : Check patch information...
    CHttp::ReadFromHTTP() : SystemTime : Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:51:23 GMT
    blocked : 0
    local version : 244
    main version : 244
    launcher version : 162
    Latest client version : 244
    Latest client full version : 244
    Current client version : 244
    panel text : language pack file
    panel text : Connect to patch server...
    protocol : ftp
    Connect to "mabipatch.nexon.net"...
    Open session...
    CDownloadMgrFtp::SetCurrentDirectory() : FtpSetCurrentDirectory(/game) failed.
    Getting file "244/244_language.p_"...
    CheckHashCode(C:\Nexon\Mabinogi\package\language.pack) : CB8654FB6252C2AB7333EBE1188F5B45
    Close session...
    Close connection...
    MessageBox() : # Error occurs while extracting.
    # If the problem persists
    # please reboot and retry.
    panel text :
    Cleanup.
    ----

Using the original mabinogi.exe launcher. Hopefully I do not have to download and install Nexon Launcher. Hate that thing.

From what I understand, it's trying to read from ftp://mabipatch.nexon.net/game which doesn't exist. I dunno. "CDownloadMgrFtp::SetCurrentDirectory() : FtpSetCurrentDirectory(/game) failed."
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    edited January 18, 2017
    My husband is having this problem as well but i got in game with no problems were in the same house and have the same type of pc same launcher as well have no idea whats up lol

Edit: He Restarted his PC and it worked :P
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited January 18, 2017
    Could be a registry issue.

If you have something like CCleaner, use it to clean your registry a bit. I used it myself after the game failed to extract / patch and it finally went through successfully.
  • SofianSofian
    ...umm registry what im soo confused did using nexon luacher just to download the patch work or not @.@
  • SaiSai
    For the people who fixed their problem, what launcher are you using?
  • SofianSofian
    you mean to fix it or what we normaly use to luanch the game?
  • shirumiisshirumiis
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    im having the same damn problem and i already have mabi installed and it still asked me to download it again
  • RerisuRerisu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I'm having this issue as well. :/ Tried restarting and cleaning out my registry, but the issue still remains.
  • AerinaAerina
    Same issue, I hope this can be solved without a full dowload of the game. (I'm using the old launcher)
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    My husband is using the old launcher and was fixed by restarting his PC. I did not have this issue and am launching through steam originally.
  • DrakaDraka
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I have the same issue.
    Tried restarting PC, cleaning Registry with CCleaner and some minor changes for the Launcher.
    All didn't work, seems to be a problem with the patch server (isn't the first time).
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Draka
    Draka said:

I have the same issue.
    Tried restarting PC, cleaning Registry with CCleaner and some minor changes for the Launcher.
    All didn't work, seems to be a problem with the patch server (isn't the first time).
    Im guessing my husband probably got really lucky then.Hope it gets fixed for u guys n gals soon :(
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Same problem. tried removing the "version" DAT file,and had the launcher re-download everything,as this worked the last time this happened. Nothing,still giving the same error
  • SaiSai
    I fixed mine by downloading Nexon Launcher on another PC, downloading mabi and coping the "package" folder and replacing my old one with it
  • Also dealing with the same issue, and I refuse to use that disgusting launcher. Going to try the download on another pc trick, but if thats not the case then steam looks like the only other viable option, which is about the same as using the stupid nexon launcher. I dont want some jacked up program running in the background while I play. I hate launchers to begin with so if they did this on purpose to weed out those of us who still use the old .exe method of playing then it's even more stupid than a simple patching bug. Really wishing a GM would respond to this thread as well.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Lordspencer After downloading with steam you can uninstall steam and direct launch from the exe. What your experiencing isn't the 'weed out' anyone. There are still MANY of us still using the old direct launch. Also, GM's don't generally monitor these forums at all much less respond to any threads. The issue you're having happens to a few people every so often. It's usually due to something on your pc such as anti-virus, popup/adware blockers, increased windows UAC level, viruses, etc... Unfortunately there are MANY things that can cause it.
  • AerinaAerina
    edited January 19, 2017
    So... Use the nexon launcher is propably the answer ritght? Is there a way to "add" Mabinogi at the launcher without dowload it again? Like Steam system.

more info: with the Nexon launcher I created the folder where the program install the game and copied the big files (mp3,video and package)from my old Mabi folder in the new one. Now the program say I miss only 2gb, better than 7gb in any case. I hope this will work.