Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

10k NX Giveaway Hunting Quest!

TatsugiTatsugi
Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
edited September 6, 2018 in General Chat
CONTEST IS NOW OVER, THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING

I am not buying it, but I am hunting for proof that a certain item exists in-game! If you happen to have one, or find one, just contact me with your in-game name, server, and a time we can meet so that I may take a peek to confirm its discovery! After which I will mail you an NX code for 10k Nx via the mailbox in game. Beware, there will only be ONE winner here.

The item in question you ask....

The mythical... See-Through Cocktail Dress Sewing Pattern!

Its an item used for the level 30 Erg Breakthrough for Knuckles! So unlucky.. Ive begun to doubt its existence entirely... After all, I have spent months looking for it, even though its supposedly been in-game forever...

So! Either add me on Mari server, Tatsugi or add me on Discord Tatsugi#8781 to contact me! Or just leave a message here.
(Also be sure to leave your name, and server so I can use my alt accordingly)

Good luck participants!

(No hints on drop locations, since none have yielded for me/any of my friends)
AlexisEUZairak

Comments

• Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited September 4, 2018
    You've posted this in the wrong section, as this unfortunately seems to be a Mari only post. Posts exclusively regarding a specific server need to be placed in that server's chat section. To be in General a topic needs to be Server Agnostic, yet your post both requires someone to be on Mari - as well own the key item there - in order to participate. I realize you were hoping to maximize your thread's visibility, but - despite the fact this isn't a buying thread - it's still not a General discussion either.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is moved by a moderator before long.
    Zairak
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    It's not just for Mari, it's for all servers, he just wants to have evidence that the pattern exists in-game, regardless of server.
    Tatsugi wrote: »
    (Also be sure to leave your name, and server so I can use my alt accordingly)

Zairak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Heh, if anyone has that pattern it'll be worth a lot more than $10...

Good luck though, hopefully they'll patch around it soon enough.
    Zairak
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    edited September 5, 2018
    @XCalibie
    I apologize for the misunderstanding.

@Tatsugi
    By the way, I just did some research and - according to Reddit - this item literally doesn't exist on Mabinogi's US servers. I became suspicious when there was no such item listed on our Wiki, and a little more searching quickly turned up the following Reddit post (wherein someone asked which weapon was harder to Erg):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mabinogi/comments/8tx47u/weekly_questions_megathread_209_62518/
    "The most difficult, as as far as I have heard, seems to be knuckles due to the fact that it is currently impossible to pass Erg Rank 6, as it requires a Signed See-Through Cocktail Dress , when the dress doesn't seem to have a sewing pattern available for it."
    - ADreamtMonochrome

At this point it seems your contest is resolved, but sadly not in a way that helps anyone. As such - rather than offering a cash bounty - you'd be better served to write a bug report, since bringing this to their attention is the only way things might improve. I'm sorry I couldn't be the bearer of better news, but sometimes that's not how things go.
    Zairak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 5, 2018
    So i assume you are literally trying to buy a sewing pattern for 10$, but to avoid possible ban, you made it this whole deal as "giveaway"?
    Because this is how i see things in here lol.
    HellkaizerPanZairak
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    edited September 5, 2018
    As far as I can tell, he's going to - in theory - pay someone just to prove it exists. This is impossible - however - as the Sewing Pattern literally doesn't exist, at least according to various sources. His original post never specifically said the person would hand over the item, just that they needed to prove its existence. It's not like he could actually bring the item back anyways, since he even mentioned using alts to confirm the Pattern's existence on other servers.
    JazmynZairak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, he's going to - in theory - pay someone just to prove it exists. This is impossible - however - as the Sewing Pattern literally doesn't exist, at least according to various sources. His original post never specifically said the person would hand over the item, just that they needed to prove its existence. It's not like he could actually bring the item back anyways, since he even mentioned using alts to confirm the item's existence on other servers.

Someone with good photoshop skills can scam this guy easily lel.
    Also seen this outfit with my own eyes, can't remember if i ever saw a sewing pattern of it.
    Zairak
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    edited September 5, 2018
    The outfit itself certainly exists - and can even be bought from an NPC easily enough, assuming you have 700k - but there is no known existence of the needed Pattern, since no items purchased from NPCs ever count as "Signed".

It seems Korea eventually received an update that added more Sewing Patterns, which sadly never reached the US afterwards (helping to explain the utter dearth of Patterns available). While I could definitely theorize as to why this might've occured, I'll just stick to the unfortunate facts for now.
    Zairak
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    Believe to win you must show OP the sewing pattern in a trade, they are willing to log in to any server and verify the item's authenticity and reward them accordingly.

The pattern very likely exist within game files, and can be generated by a GM, but does not have natural source in this service area.
    JazmynZairak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 5, 2018
    deleted
    Zairak
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    edited September 5, 2018
    As such, Tatsugi really should cancel his offer immediately. I'd forgotten initially that GMs can easily spawn otherwise unavailable items, but this also means he almost certainly will be scammed. Many hackers unfortunately know ways to access those GM tools, and - thusly - could easily show him the Sewing Pattern (even if it doesn't naturally exist).
    Zairak
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Somehow, I'm not surprised that Korea would implement a system that essentially screws us over. THIS is something that Katherz should be pining the Korean employees about.
    THICCthighssavelivesBuffalosZairak
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    edited September 5, 2018
    @PlatinaKoki
    If being scammed of 10$ brings awareness that this item doesn't exist, I am more that 100% OK with it. If you have hacking skills to spoof an item in an in-game trade to give me some false hope, then so be it. I am being told from a few GMs that the item DOES exist and is OBTAINABLE. However, as many know I have said before, I am a 10 year veteran.. I have been here since the get-go and know what Im doing here. For an item that has supposedly existed since G11S2, I have NEVER seen it and neither have any of my longtime veteran friends.

It's not like I'm a 10 year-old kid on a public Minecraft server asking for an item to be spawned because I don't want to work for it. This issue just irks the heck out of me since my class, FIGHTER, is always getting the shaft in the first place.

(And for the record, if you mention this to any GM aside from Supreme, you will be met with a lot of flack, since apparently they have given me the answer multiple times. Which was and I quote "The item should drop from various elite missions, including the most common, Shadow Wizard Elite." or another stated that one actually had dropped from Wizard Elite on August 1st recently)
    Zairak
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    @PlatinaKoki
    If being scammed of 10$ brings awareness that this item doesn't exist, I am more that 100% OK with it. If you have hacking skills to spoof an item in an in-game trade to give me some false hope, then so be it. I am being told from a few GMs that the item DOES exist and is OBTAINABLE. However, as many know I have said before, I am a 10 year veteran.. I have been here since the get-go and know what Im doing here. For an item that has supposedly existed since G11S2, I have NEVER seen it and neither have any of my longtime veteran friends.

It's not like I'm a 10 year-old kid on a public Minecraft server asking for an item to be spawned because I don't want to work for it. This issue just irks the heck out of me since my class, FIGHTER, is always getting the shaft in the first place.

(And for the record, if you mention this to any GM aside from Supreme, you will be met with a lot of flack, since apparently they have given me the answer multiple times. Which was and I quote "The item should drop from various elite missions, including the most common, Shadow Wizard Elite." or another stated that one actually had dropped from Wizard Elite on August 1st recently)

Uh, I'm not the one that mentioned the possibility of this being a scam.

I was just mentioning how KR has shafted us yet again.
    Zairak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 5, 2018
    I am being told from a few GMs that the item DOES exist and is OBTAINABLE.

I highly doubt that from what Clovis said. This is bs. We need that missing update.
    Zairak
  • TatsugiTatsugi

Sorry sorry! I really shouldn't post while on my phone. I also should revise my posts if things go arry like this..
    Guess it was Clovis15 I was thinking of.
    Zairak
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    What if there are people that know where the pattern is but want to keep it a secret at all costs? Maybe they're in this thread right now! *dramatic conspiracy theory music*
    Zairak
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    What if there are people that know where the pattern is but want to keep it a secret at all costs? Maybe they're in this thread right now! *dramatic conspiracy theory music*

I would have to find a way to infiltrate their ranks, befriend them, and take a gander at their private collection.. Kukuku

I wish though.. I doubt this thing exists. I would probably increase prize amount to an unearthly amount just because of how sure I am it doesn't.
    Zairak
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    It seemed pretty clear to me that Tatsugi was not intending to acquire the item for 10k nx, regardless of server. He wants to see that it exists. He stated he would use an alt to meet you in-game, so you'd have to literally hack to spawn the item in- just for 10 dollars.

It sounds like the item might not actually even exist and that's pretty dumb. I don't doubt that these patterns will make their way into gachapons though so there's that.
    Zairak
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited September 5, 2018

Sorry sorry! I really shouldn't post while on my phone. I also should revise my posts if things go arry like this..
    Guess it was Clovis15 I was thinking of.

Eh, its fine. These forums are screwy, lol

If the wiki is to be believed, then its an unimplemented pattern that is supposed to be buyable from an NPC for 120,000 gold.

As for the pattern, there are a few other Erg upgrades that require signed copies of clothing whose manuals are no longer obtainable. At the very least, we should've gotten some form of update that re-introduced said manuals back into the game. Here's hoping these manuals make a confirmed return with the Life Skills update.
    Zairak