Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited October 29, 2018 in General Chat

Faithrendstarkiller1286Helsa

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I'd play it if it came to NA lol It's pretty cute and looks easier to play, especially on mobile.
    PanCrimsọnVimiRadiant DawnJiantoAstralBlueoffwithyourheads
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MOVING HAIR
    FaithrendCrimsọnImaizumiNeirennRadiant Dawnstarkiller1286offwithyourheads
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Vimi wrote: »
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MOVING HAIR

Ikr makes you look at Nexon like WHY
    CrimsọnVimi
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited September 5, 2018
    Even though they have moving hair and actual HANDS... The game play doesn't seem to be retained or similar enough to what actual "Mabinogi" is.

Although I play Mabi for it's fashionogi life and as a power accumulation simulator nowadays, I would have never gotten into it if its combat looked like THAT.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    Even though they have moving hair and actual HANDS... The game play doesn't seem to be retained or similar enough to what actual "Mabinogi" is.

Although I play Mabi for it's fashionogi life and as a power accumulation simulator nowadays, I would have never gotten into it if its combat looked like THAT.

You have to admit the updated graphics and nostalgia factors are definitely intriguing.
    JazmynFaithrendSakura2503offwithyourheadsHelsa
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited September 5, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    You guys are probably going to be a huge mix of emotions over this. I came across this while watching youtube.
    You're not going to believe this...but here it is.

This is not just some knock off.

http://company.kunlun.com/2016/news_1117/677.html

A company in China bought their own rights.
    They have an upgraded version coming out. Granted it's mobile, but that's nothing BlueStacks can't remedy.
    I barely have any words for this. I am excited, but kinda angry? I just don't know. I am beside myself.

LOOK AT THAT MYSTERIOUS GIRL HAIR PHYSICS!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

oof.

Definitely this... Like, to see it here is amazing and I'd love to play it on mobile; but, to me it's also super sad because it IS so amazing.... Like... I don't really even know what to say... T_T XD

This was interesting too... If it is in no way related, does that mean KR is still going to be releasing a different mobile version or are they going to release this mobile version and be together or whatever like they do with devCAT?

EDIT: And Upcoming? Upcoming when? What? Where? Etc?

v8Vn5ZR.png

And then the actual game download website translated says "Copyright @2018 NEXON Korea Corporation All Rights Reserved."
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited September 5, 2018
    I've said for years that China has been stealing stuff from Mabi and I am Chinese myself! And eventually they will have so much access to material they will get it legalized. And here we are.
    Yea, looks like Kunlun games obtained rights from Nexon to be their distributor of this version for China.
    Now if a mobile Mabi comes to NA, will it be distributed to someone else or will it be for Nexon Mobile's money to lose?
    Jazmyn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 5, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    You guys are probably going to be a huge mix of emotions over this. I came across this while watching youtube.
    You're not going to believe this...but here it is.

This is not just some knock off.

http://company.kunlun.com/2016/news_1117/677.html

A company in China bought their own rights.
    They have an upgraded version coming out. Granted it's mobile, but that's nothing BlueStacks can't remedy.
    I barely have any words for this. I am excited, but kinda angry? I just don't know. I am beside myself.

LOOK AT THAT MYSTERIOUS GIRL HAIR PHYSICS!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

oof.

Definitely this... Like, to see it here is amazing and I'd love to play it on mobile; but, to me it's also super sad because it IS so amazing.... Like... I don't really even know what to say... T_T XD

This was interesting too... If it is in no way related, does that mean KR is still going to be releasing a different mobile version or are they going to release this mobile version and be together or whatever like they do with devCAT?

EDIT: And Upcoming? Upcoming when? What? Where? Etc?

v8Vn5ZR.png

And then the actual game download website translated says "Copyright @2018 NEXON Korea Corporation All Rights Reserved."

I think the bad news is that this mobile version is going to be soley for China, and that's whats making me kinda mad. But the good news is that it is mobile and therefore if we install it on BlueStacks and get a translation app. China can go suck it.
    JazmynoffwithyourheadsHelsa
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited September 5, 2018
    You have to admit the updated graphics and nostalgia factors are definitely intriguing.

I mean, it's still 2003 Graphics in 2018. Difference is this was developed in 2018 while still lacking 2018 standards.

Unrelated, I saw a Thunderbird in that first video. Nexon, rerelease Thunderbirds pls. Its been 4 years.
    TheNyanCat
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited September 5, 2018
    I think the bad news is that this mobile version is going to be soley for China, and that's whats making me kinda mad. But the good news is that it is mobile and therefore if we install it on BlueStacks and get a translation app. China can go suck it.

We'll all definitely have to keep an eye on it. I'm just curious if Nexon actually developed this too or if it's literally just "here's the design and PC code, enjoy and do what you can to make it amazing"....

I think the similarities to the PC are so close, that's what made me sad... like, it almost LOOKS like it could be a replacement, just for ease and comfort of playing... but, soo much time and money invested here makes that even more sad. Lol.
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Unrelated, I saw a Thunderbird in that first video. Nexon, rerelease Thunderbirds pls. Its been 4 years.

Didn't they just re-release them this last time they had a ton of pets? (Answered my own question, before I hit post comment)
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/15/00J7r/black-friday-sales
    Sebastiankapapa
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Sebastian wrote: »

Didn't they just re-release them this last time they had a ton of pets? (Answered my own question, before I hit post comment)
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/15/00J7r/black-friday-sales

So close... yet so far... feelsbad.
    Jazmyn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Pfftt I don't see any giants anywhere. no thanks
    ImaizumiFaithrend
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I would be jealous if it's on pc but it's on mobile...ehh I have never really enjoy a rpg on mobile
    Radiant Dawn
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I don't see Defense skill, so it looks like you have to tank hits instead of using strategy. Dying outfits also looks more limited, you don't get to select from a palette it's just straight random (at least with reg dyes, you could approximate an area filled with acceptable colors). I also see level tags on items, which probably means you have to be a certain level to use certain weapons and items (ugh).

Plus, it seems like most of the pets are just for travel and not for fighting, with only the small fairies as exceptions. The gameplay is also terribly simple and does not appear to allow dual skill classes (in other words, you can only use fighter skills with swords and can't cast icebolt or anything). The amount of skills available also looks severely limited (probably because you can only fit so many buttons on a phone).

I don't know. I don't like a lot of these gameplay changes, so literally the only nice thing going for it is the graphics. But the freedom is just not there. It also even looks like different clothing has different stats; if that's true, you'll be pushed to wear whatever is best for your level.
    ImaizumiGretaoffwithyourheads
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Looks amazing! Can't wait to play it.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I don't see Defense skill, so it looks like you have to tank hits instead of using strategy. Dying outfits also looks more limited, you don't get to select from a palette it's just straight random (at least with reg dyes, you could approximate an area filled with acceptable colors). I also see level tags on items, which probably means you have to be a certain level to use certain weapons and items (ugh).

Plus, it seems like most of the pets are just for travel and not for fighting, with only the small fairies as exceptions. The gameplay is also terribly simple and does not appear to allow dual skill classes (in other words, you can only use fighter skills with swords and can't cast icebolt or anything). The amount of skills available also looks severely limited (probably because you can only fit so many buttons on a phone).

I don't know. I don't like a lot of these gameplay changes, so literally the only nice thing going for it is the graphics. But the freedom is just not there. It also even looks like different clothing has different stats; if that's true, you'll be pushed to wear whatever is best for your level.

^This. I have no interest in a game that looks like Mabi and looks like better Mabi, but isn't actually even Mabi.

If I wanted to play a game with hair physics and more button mashing I'd play Black Desert or something. I already own the game, but turns out no amount of pretty graphics can save bland game play for me.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited September 5, 2018
    Imaizumi wrote: »

^This. I have no interest in a game that looks like Mabi and looks like better Mabi, but isn't actually even Mabi.

If I wanted to play a game with hair physics and more button mashing I'd play Black Desert or something. I already own the game, but turns out no amount of pretty graphics can save bland game play for me.

It's just a pretty generic mobile mmolite with mabi graphics. There's a ton of other games that play exactly like it just with different graphics.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Arjune wrote: »
    Pfftt I don't see any giants anywhere. no thanks

So why are you still playing this Mabinogi? :p
    HellkaizerRadiant Dawn
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    nexon, only ppl to waist money on making part pre.1 ,2,and 3 of mabinogi then to work on mabinogi....

but tbh.... it doesnt look bad 100%. i just wish they update the original games graphics.
    (they got alot of content put into that mobile in such a short time, think how fast and simple it be to just animate all the hair "currently" in mabi)(who knows, maybe the original thought was to redo everything, but someone in charge was like "nah, mobile")

im just glad mabi doesnt have that quirky menu pop up badazzle junk the mobile seems to be showing off a lot.
    when i see games do that badazzle stuff i usually see a trend of lack of playable features and more trending on looking like a fashion closet
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited September 6, 2018
    It looks super dumbed-down, to the point its indistinguishable from another generic f2p mmos. Only thing going for it is it's on mobile.

Also, I'd like to point out how the mobile version has higher res textures and models than the main game. lol