Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So with the new Gachas...

Comments

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    It is not like this will be the last time stances will be released.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 17, 2018
    deleted, leaving the forums
    Pan
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Maia wrote: »
    Yeah prices are going back up on the stances it seems like lol people must be gacha'd out

Stances have made me more gold than most gacha recently. Bought all the stances for 3-4m (minus bow for 10m, and bare handed for 9m) on day one, now they just keep climbing.

Bought bow stance for 10, sold it for 15, rebought it for 9. Bought bare handed for 9, sold it for 16, rebought it for 8... It's really nice.

People like you sicken me. buying items like that for cheep just to sell them really high to make yourself even more gold with absolutely NO regard to the fact that other people may want to get them for cheap. thus screwing the rest of us over because of your greed.

people like you are the very reason the Devs need to step in and start putting limits on how high a item can be sold in the market. i.e item A can only be sold from 0-1M gold while Item B could be sold from 0-10M gold. and no higher as the game wont let you.

itl fix this broken economy which is what i want.

You know what that will do? Kill all automatic market transactions because so long as people are willing to pay top dollar for an item they will do so and people selling who know that will never sell it for less, putting limits on transactions will do nothing but force people to do it in person. And if you want to regulate what people even trade in person they'll just do it with real money outside of the game. It solves absolutely nothing.

The stances didn't go up in price because some rich guy bought them all up and jack up the prices, people priced them cheap the first few days before demand told sellers that they are more than willing to pay much more. That and they're expensive for a reason, they're rare. If you don't think so you can always try the rates yourself.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Yeah prices are going back up on the stances it seems like lol people must be gacha'd out

Stances have made me more gold than most gacha recently. Bought all the stances for 3-4m (minus bow for 10m, and bare handed for 9m) on day one, now they just keep climbing.

Bought bow stance for 10, sold it for 15, rebought it for 9. Bought bare handed for 9, sold it for 16, rebought it for 8... It's really nice.

People like you sicken me. buying items like that for cheep just to sell them really high to make yourself even more gold with absolutely NO regard to the fact that other people may want to get them for cheap. thus screwing the rest of us over because of your greed.

people like you are the very reason the Devs need to step in and start putting limits on how high a item can be sold in the market. i.e item A can only be sold from 0-1M gold while Item B could be sold from 0-10M gold. and no higher as the game wont let you.

You know what that will do? Kill all automatic market transactions because so long as people are willing to pay top dollar for an item they will do so and people selling who know that will never sell it for less, putting limits on transactions will do nothing but force people to do it in person. And if you want to regulate what people even trade in person they'll just do it with real money outside of the game. It solves absolutely nothing.

The stances didn't go up in price because some rich guy bought them all up and jack up the prices, people priced them cheap the first few days before demand told sellers that they are more than willing to pay much more. That and they're expensive for a reason, they're rare. If you don't think so you can always try the rates yourself.

Are you saying Nexon should kill automatic market transactions or all companies that use it in the real world?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Gaea wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Are you saying Nexon should kill automatic market transactions or all companies that use it in the real world?

No, that's not Nyan what is saying at all. You read that wrong.

I must've, because I stared at it for 10 min trying to figure it out.
    Fridays fry the brain at work after all
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    One example of growing inflation: MapleStory

Grow with it or quit.
    CrimsọnTheNyanCat
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Inflation wasn't this bad since gold duping.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    If anything, I wish there was more automated marketing. Though the population might just be too small to handle it. I wish I could place buy-orders and put the gold into the auction house for anyone willing to sell me x at whatever price. That would be sweet.
    NurylonGaby5011Sherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    If anything, I wish there was more automated marketing. Though the population might just be too small to handle it. I wish I could place buy-orders and put the gold into the auction house for anyone willing to sell me x at whatever price. That would be sweet.

P2P questing. That'd be legit interesting.
    Nurylon
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited September 2, 2018

First off, you're being incredibly rude, secondly you're so wrong it's not even funny. It's basic supply and demand. You're actually just so clueless it hurts.

Do you know what forcing item prices does? It creates MORE black market deals, it creates MORE scamming it's literally nothing but negatives. NO ONE is forced to buy at that price, and this is done in real life all the time. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WANTS CHEAP ITEMS, forcing a price will just make every trade a trust game, or just open the floodgates on real world trading. What a joke. You clearly have no idea what economy is if you think that's the economy being bad. You're the person that sees an item being sold for 10m, offers 2m because "That's all I think it's worth", chews out the seller then ends up buying it at 10m an hour later anyway.

Edit: You're also insulting anyone who buys items you deem expensive too. If an item is priced too high, guess what happens? A God of greed descends upon me, blesses me personally and thanks me for ruining the economy. Oh wait... No the item just doesn't sell. You're saying anyone who buys items for "high price" is dumb.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

People like you make me roll my eyes and laugh because you clearly have no idea how a market works, we don't live in a world that's all pretty rainbows and butterflies. The economy is not broken just because people are buying low and selling high. Everyone does it. Your chance of having the item prices being limited is about as high as living on the sun.
    If I had 1m for every person that thinks buying low selling high is the economy being bad, or expensive items means the economy is bad I'd have enough gold to actually break the economy.
    BronzebreakNurylon
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365

We're not NPCs. If we were stuck to doing that, then there's no point in having a player-driven market.

First off, you're being incredibly rude, secondly you're so wrong it's not even funny. It's basic supply and demand. You're actually just so clueless it hurts.

Do you know what forcing item prices does? It creates MORE black market deals, it creates MORE scamming it's literally nothing but negatives. NO ONE is forced to buy at that price, and this is done in real life all the time. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WANTS CHEAP ITEMS, forcing a price will just make every trade a trust game, or just open the floodgates on real world trading. What a joke. You clearly have no idea what economy is if you think that's the economy being bad. You're the person that sees an item being sold for 10m, offers 2m because "That's all I think it's worth", chews out the seller then ends up buying it at 10m an hour later anyway.

Edit: You're also insulting anyone who buys items you deem expensive too. If an item is priced too high, guess what happens? A God of greed descends upon me, blesses me personally and thanks me for ruining the economy. Oh wait... No the item just doesn't sell. You're saying anyone who buys items for "high price" is dumb.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

People like you make me roll my eyes and laugh because you clearly have no idea how a market works, we don't live in a world that's all pretty rainbows and butterflies. The economy is not broken just because people are buying low and selling high. Everyone does it. Your chance of having the item prices being limited is about as high as living on the sun.
    If I had 1m for every person that thinks buying low selling high is the economy being bad, or expensive items means the economy is bad I'd have enough gold to actually break the economy.

Be careful on retaliation words.

The Fomors have succeeded in sowing discord among the player base due to the economy.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I'm telling you these players are communists! XD

But are they real communists aiming for the benefit of the community as the actual ideology?
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I'm telling you these players are communists! XD

But are they real communists aiming for the benefit of the community as the actual ideology?

That's literally the type of idealogy that led to communism, cause it sounds great on paper but not in practice, so yah
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I'd just like to add on that a forced limit on items can kill games

Runescape (removal of free trade and wilderness)
    Black desert (Just how their auction house works, forced limits, players don't use it for gear, instead resort to real world trading)

The only people benefited by a trade limit are the obscenely wealthy (As their wealth is now deemed a lot more valuable by the system) and scammers. Especially with a suggestion like this I can only see this doing a ton of harm.
    im selling a pair of wings you want. i want 15M for em. but the game wont allow our trade for that item to exceed 10M because 10M is the preset max for that item by the devlopers. so i eaither agree to it or not. or the risk part comes in. we can agree to you giving me 10M i give you the item. then we can open the trade again after the previous trade for a "gift" option of the trade. where i dont need to offer something in return but you give me a check for 5M. that being the other part of the trade. however the risk being as it requires a separate trade. even if we "agreed" you can "scam" but i cant actually legitimately call you a scammer because its my fault for trying to circumvent the system. which brings with it risks.

but the other thing is. even tho that items max is 10M i can sell it to you for 1 gold if i wanted to. it essential is that i can sell said item from 1 gold all the way to its set max. being 10M in this case. this would bring the market prices down if people want a guaranteed sale. otherwise they risk possible "scams"
  • FeefeeFeefee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
    I think there is a wrong stigma with people buying low and selling high;; whether people agree with what they do or not, it feels like there is the idea that these people are greedy and making things the way it is only because of their self interest. But that's not the case, people who buy low and sell high actually do a really important favor for everyone: They preserve goods and keep them stocked for people who reaally want them O:

Like say if 20 people really want the stance cards, and there are only 30 stance cards, but if they are sold at 1 mil each, maybe 100 other people would think "Oh I might as well just get it, it's cheap!", then it would be hard for the 20 people who really want the card to get it before the 100 other people.

But if someone bought up the stance cards and resell them for 10 mil each, then the 100 other people would be like "Wow that's too expensive", and the 20 people who really want the stance can comfortably make the gold and buy the card.

Basically these people keep the goods stocked on the market and encourage people to use the limited goods efficiently ' x ' )bb, So yeah I think it's not really correct to say they are making money for themselves while making everyone else worse off; it's more like they are making money while doing an important service for everyone.
    ForeRuniaHellkaizer
    Ferghus is the invisible hand of Mabi's capitalist society. His hand keeps slipping and releases a flood of gold out the dam.
    Like I said before, due to the changes to make personal shops free for everyone to use with limited market regulation, it was designed to make the player economy run on hyperinflation.
    Bronzebreak